Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611736 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3675 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:25:09 »

Discussing the strength of the squad as it is pointless.
It is, lets judge it the day before the 1st game of the season.

Its impossible to say if we are weaker now than last year because we haven't made all of our signings yet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3676 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:28:37 »

Discussing the strength of the squad as it is pointless.

Unless you have a certain narrative to peddle
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3677 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:32:23 »

We did sign Smith just after but do you honestly think we won't sign any new players before the first game of the season? honestly?

I think there will be at least 4 or 5 new signings before then, possibly 3 more loans in that number but I don't think for one minute we won't sign 1 or more perms too.

Well there seems to be a couple of the trialists unaccounted for, so they could be possibles and I'm sure we'll get the full quota of loan kids.... but we've 2 in my opening side already, and in Div 4, I'd say playing more than that is risky.

My main aim in watching te squad develop, is in trying to gauge what Powr is up to..... for me there's been nothing yet that suggests a serious attempt at getting out of Div 4 upwardly.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3678 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:32:34 »

Flashheart

« Reply #3679 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:32:48 »

Quite.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3680 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:33:05 »

You could copy & paste this discussion and just set is as auto post at this time of the year every year..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3681 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:43:25 »

My main aim in watching te squad develop, is in trying to gauge what Powr is up to..... for me there's been nothing yet that suggests a serious attempt at getting out of Div 4 upwardly.
TBF to Power (unusual I know for most Town fans) but not that many teams have made what could be classed as "good L2 quality" signings, MKD have signed a few Exeter players when you would have thought they would be big hitters in this league.

Exeter have signed a couple of proven players but nothing that could be classed as good, Cheltenham have signed 9 players, all jobbing L2 players, FGR also signed a few but none would be classed as very good for this level.

Of the other big spending teams, only Lincoln signing an unfit 29 year old Akinde for silly money and silly wages which mostly came from 2 trips to Wembley last season, and a Mansfield team who are hell bent on going bust if the wages offered to their new signings is to be believed (Preston apparently almost doubled his wage offer from Swindon and Tyler Walker said to be on £5k per week loan with Mansfield covering all of that, Khan more than doubled his Yeovil wage to sign for them) craig Davies who was Oldhams highest earner last season also joining them.

Only Mansfield can be said to have made several good signings for this league, so far, and my God how I would love it if they royally fucked up under Flipflop again this term.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3682 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 10:48:21 »

You could copy & paste this discussion and just set is as auto post at this time of the year every year..

Here's a provisional XI which played a behind closed doors game v Oldham, more or less exactly a year ago give or take a day....

Vigs
Purkiss, Robertson (Conroy), Lancashire, Hussey (T Smith)
Dunne, Thomas (Iandolo), Lingnazi (Trialist)
Mullin (McDermott) , Norris (H Smith), Goddard (Brophy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3683 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:00:30 »

Flashheart

« Reply #3684 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:03:17 »

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3685 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:27:33 »

TBF to Power (unusual I know for most Town fans) but not that many teams have made what could be classed as "good L2 quality" signings, MKD have signed a few Exeter players when you would have thought they would be big hitters in this league.

Exeter have signed a couple of proven players but nothing that could be classed as good, Cheltenham have signed 9 players, all jobbing L2 players, FGR also signed a few but none would be classed as very good for this level.

Of the other big spending teams, only Lincoln signing an unfit 29 year old Akinde for silly money and silly wages which mostly came from 2 trips to Wembley last season, and a Mansfield team who are hell bent on going bust if the wages offered to their new signings is to be believed (Preston apparently almost doubled his wage offer from Swindon and Tyler Walker said to be on £5k per week loan with Mansfield covering all of that, Khan more than doubled his Yeovil wage to sign for them) craig Davies who was Oldhams highest earner last season also joining them.

Only Mansfield can be said to have made several good signings for this league, so far, and my God how I would love it if they royally fucked up under Flitcroft again this term.
I’d say Notts County have signed good players too. David Vaughan and Kane Hemmings.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:32:11 by Quagmire » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #3686 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:29:31 »

I’d say Notts County have signed good players too. James Vaughan and Kane Hemmings.

David Vaughan
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3687 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:32:31 »

David Vaughan
That’s the one, still an impressive signing though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3688 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:36:07 »

I’d say Notts County have signed good players too. David Vaughan and Kane Hemmings.
David Vaughan is 35 and a half, he was good a few years back. Imagine if PB had signed him? the fans would be saying we are signing Dads Army.

And Kane Hemmings has only scored 14 league goals in the last 2 seasons(60+ games), not THAT good really.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:37:43 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Panda Paws

« Reply #3689 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 11:38:29 »

That’s the one, still an impressive signing though.

Absolutely! They signed Kristian Dennis and Enzio Boldewijn too among others too. On paper, 3 weeks to go, they're up there with Mansfield.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: