Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611748 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3630 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 15:55:21 »

The most self indulgent wanker ever to wear a Swindon shirt.

Not entirely correct, I suspect some of our supporters in replica shirts could trump him in the self indulgent wanker stakes.... I've read the Facebook group!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3631 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 16:29:46 »

Elsnik suffered hamstring/quad stress injury (probably 3G linked) and then was rushed back before he was fully ready, possibly down to his own desire to want to play but DF should've been a better manager in that sense. PB didn't really get to see him at his fittest. Using Elsnik as an example isn't really great in this scenario. Possibly use someone like Woolery who seemingly didn't really cope with the strengths of L2's physicalities. Elsnik dealt fine with L2, he just happened to get injured.

No. The comparison is valid. Both on loan from higher levels, young and looking to get some game time to develop for the benefit of the loaning club.  Kaiyne, a bit older, our own player who'd we'd so say paid money for from a Div 3 side. Kaiyne needed to step up, and become a saleable asset.

John Swift an interesting one.... similar talented youth... tried at Rotherham, but could do the physicality, and when he came to us he was a bit of an add on, to an already strong midfield.  You wouldn't have wanted to ask him to run midfield.

He's done OK since his move to Reading, without seemingly being able to take te step up to Prem level yet.

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3632 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 17:03:00 »

Well as an indicator of how Power views the coming season, he sounds a bit like a Charlie Colkett.  A lad who looks good in youth football but may struggle a bit stepping up to men's football.... in my opinion not what we need if looking to seriously challenge.

Timi Elsnik, showed how difficult it is for a kid, and he had a good physical capabiity, but then got ground down somewhat.  Nothing wrong with that it's what happens and part of his development, but realistically you'll not get out of Div 4 relying on a kid in such a key position..

Still maybe we'll sign some quality gnarled operator and Steven can be a bit more peripheral.

Why do you think he sounds like Charlie Colkett?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3633 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 17:11:28 »

I don't ever want to see a Charlie fucking colkett clone in a town shirt ever again. The most self indulgent wanker ever to wear a Swindon shirt. Sums up that season.

Ben Hutchinson, anyone?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3634 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 17:46:44 »

Why do you think he sounds like Charlie Colkett?

Sounds like a talented youngster playing in midfield, trying to make the step up to men's football. Colkett has done all the England age groups up to U 20 as he's regarded as one of our better prospects, yet it's a tough ask to run a midfield in a match of hairy arsed old pros, which is how it worked out for Charlie.... this type need to have old hands around them to help out... Charlie had Yaser who had lost interest and wasn't up to it.

As things stand we've got James Dunne...  I'm kind of assuming Matty Taylor will be LB.

The original point was made in response to PV's scouting of Orient fans views.... who seem to think he's a talent despite getting relegated to the Conference in his breakthrough season.  He'll need something more around him though, as did Charlie who couldn't save us from Div 4. Power didn't provide that support.

hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3635 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 17:50:46 »

Sounds like a talented youngster playing in midfield, trying to make the step up to men's football. Colkett has done all the England age groups up to U 20 as he's regarded as one of our better prospects, yet it's a tough ask to run a midfield in a match of hairy arsed old pros, which is how it worked out for Charlie.... this type need to have old hands around them to help out... Charlie had Yaser who had lost interest and wasn't up to it.

As things stand we've got James Dunne...  I'm kind of assuming Matty Taylor will be LB.

The original point was made in response to PV's scouting of Orient fans views.... who seem to think he's a talent despite getting relegated to the Conference in his breakthrough season.  He'll need something more around him though, as did Charlie who couldn't save us from Div 4. Power didn't provide that support.

Thanks.
Flashheart

« Reply #3636 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 18:49:13 »

Moore is no more, apparently.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3637 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 18:58:46 »

Shouldn't this be in the snuffed it thread.....?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3638 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 19:08:22 »

So where has he gone?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3639 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:53:33 »

I've not been following as closely as I should, but all seems very quiet on the transfer front.  With less than a month to go until the start of the season, could we actually put a side out with contracted players if we had to?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3640 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:56:15 »

So where has he gone?

In the Adver report it says....

Stuart Moore – who the Advertiser understands is unlikely to feature in Brown’s squad this season – a notable absentee.

I thought he agreed on a new contract last week, unless it a. fell through or b. we are sending him out on loan for the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3641 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 13:12:41 »

b. we are sending him out on loan for the season.

Surely
  1. We'd send Henry
  2. He'd still have played last night.

I guess the prospect of being #2 didn't fill him with joy, and he's looking at other options.

Not exactly a good retention rate from last year, and while I'm not that bothered about the players themselves it leaves us with gaps to fill.  And perhaps points at how even average players are finding better deals elsewhere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3642 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 13:15:22 »

I've not been following as closely as I should, but all seems very quiet on the transfer front.  With less than a month to go until the start of the season, could we actually put a side out with contracted players if we had to?

Just about I think:

Vigs
knoyle Conroy*/Robertson/Lancashire*/Romanski Taylor (any 4 from)
              Mcglashen Dunne  Iandolo
                      Anderson
            Richards*  Young

* if fit

Brighton blokey is contracted, albeit loan.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3643 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 13:16:06 »

And perhaps points at how even average players are finding better deals elsewhere.

Reg, will you get out of Batch.....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3644 on: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 13:16:47 »

Just about I think:

Vigs
knoyle Conroy*/Robertson/Lancashire*/Romanski Taylor (any 4 from)
              Mcglashen Dunne  Iandolo
                      Anderson
            Richards*  Young

* if fit

Brighton blokey is contracted, albeit loan.

We are going to get hammered down our left in that formation?
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: