Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611579 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3615 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:21:05 »

Lloyd Sam was good at Notts County apparently but that was 6 years ago. We definitely need wingers so worth giving him a go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3616 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:25:26 »

Lloyd Sam was good at Notts County apparently but that was 6 years ago. We definitely need wingers so worth giving him a go.
He always had bags of pace back then but hes in his 30s now so probably lost a fair amount of that, with all trialists theres nothing for us to lose at all in getting them in to have a look at.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3617 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:26:40 »

2017 season.

Also....

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/englishman-new-york-lloyd-sam-wont-be-rushing-back-league-one

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3618 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:38:02 »

Tbf, he’s not rushing back to L1 is he
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3619 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:46:01 »

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3620 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 11:53:57 »

TBF he was at Wimbledon back end of last season.... so he did rush back to L1 and is now settling in L2?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3621 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:41:34 »

According to my source we are playing Glasgow rangers in spain
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3622 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:46:59 »

Tax dodge/money laundering exercise etc etc Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3623 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 20:50:23 »

We always take on a few non league shit sides
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3624 on: Friday, June 29, 2018, 12:47:04 »

Should get some decent media coverage over here what with the wank fest over Stevie G.....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3625 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 14:53:23 »

Had a quick read through the Orient forum about Steven Alzate, they have some great things to say about him, could be a cracking signing if he performs to the level they suggest.

"From Brightons U23's to Swindon is a big step back for him. Im surprised as I really rated Stephen"

"I don't think that's even close to being correct. One is kids football. "

"The move certainly did nothing for us and doesn't appear to have helped him a great deal either. Hopefully for his sake the move will give him the competitive playing time I should imagine he needs."

"He is one of my favourite ever youth team products ever though. Sublimely talented. I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing for Colombia one day. "

"Great signing for them. Let's hope they get the best out of him, in the short time with us you could tell his skill levels were a cut above. A real shame he never got a chance for us this season. Let's not forget the formation last pre-season, 4-2-3-1, as one of the guys behind Mooney I reckon he would had a brilliant season with us"

"Alzate is the most talented youth product I have seen come out of  our youth set up since Laurie Cunningham. He was due to be on the bench for Brightons last premiership match of last season but was ill. Agreeing with Bleeds Red a Colombian international in the making."

"Great move for him, play a season in League Two, rip it up, which he will, prepares him for bigger and better things when he goes back to Brighton, incredible talent, without doubt will play in the Premier League and represent his country one day, some people really don't understand how good this kid is. "

"He was a joy to watch. Two senior pros in midfield looking after him and let him show his flair."

"Some of the comments on here are laughable. He moved to a Premier League team from a Non league team. Anyone who thinks it was in his interest to turn that down is stark raving bonkers. He is now going to get game time in real mens football in League 2 in arguably the biggest club in that division.
If he excels then in January he will be loaned to a League 1 club. Some people need to get real. Can anyone really say he would have 'torn it up' for us last season under Davis... in my eyes he would not have suited the team or the division. Far too physical for him. He needs to be surrounded by better players in a higher league"

"Watched him lots for the youth team and he is a very special talent you don't have to be particularly clever to spot a talent like his, he is head and shoulders above most in his age range"

"I'm trying to point out is he's a great player, although not as good as some seem to think"

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3626 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 15:14:36 »

Had a quick read through the Orient forum about Steven Alzate, they have some great things to say about him, could be a cracking signing if he performs to the level they suggest.

"He is one of my favourite ever youth team products ever though. Sublimely talented. I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing for Colombia one day. "

On last nights performance I assume he is a dirty little fucker then!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3627 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 15:36:58 »

Well as an indicator of how Power views the coming season, he sounds a bit like a Charlie Colkett.  A lad who looks good in youth football but may struggle a bit stepping up to men's football.... in my opinion not what we need if looking to seriously challenge.

Timi Elsnik, showed how difficult it is for a kid, and he had a good physical capabiity, but then got ground down somewhat.  Nothing wrong with that it's what happens and part of his development, but realistically you'll not get out of Div 4 relying on a kid in such a key position..

Still maybe we'll sign some quality gnarled operator and Steven can be a bit more peripheral.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3628 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 15:48:19 »

Well as an indicator of how Power views the coming season, he sounds a bit like a Charlie Colkett.  A lad who looks good in youth football but may struggle a bit stepping up to men's football.... in my opinion not what we need if looking to seriously challenge.

Timi Elsnik, showed how difficult it is for a kid, and he had a good physical capabiity, but then got ground down somewhat.  Nothing wrong with that it's what happens and part of his development, but realistically you'll not get out of Div 4 relying on a kid in such a key position..

Still maybe we'll sign some quality gnarled operator and Steven can be a bit more peripheral.

Elsnik suffered hamstring/quad stress injury (probably 3G linked) and then was rushed back before he was fully ready, possibly down to his own desire to want to play but DF should've been a better manager in that sense. PB didn't really get to see him at his fittest. Using Elsnik as an example isn't really great in this scenario. Possibly use someone like Woolery who seemingly didn't really cope with the strengths of L2's physicalities. Elsnik dealt fine with L2, he just happened to get injured.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3629 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2018, 15:48:45 »

Well as an indicator of how Power views the coming season, he sounds a bit like a Charlie Colkett.  A lad who looks good in youth football but may struggle a bit stepping up to men's football.... in my opinion not what we need if looking to seriously challenge.

Timi Elsnik, showed how difficult it is for a kid, and he had a good physical capabiity, but then got ground down somewhat.  Nothing wrong with that it's what happens and part of his development, but realistically you'll not get out of Div 4 relying on a kid in such a key position..

I don't ever want to see a Charlie fucking colkett clone in a town shirt ever again. The most self indulgent wanker ever to wear a Swindon shirt. Sums up that season.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: