Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611634 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3525 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 10:42:02 »

Mark Richards will be a coach the Northampton youth team.
And play for Swindon.

What the actual...

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/feature-richards-delighted-to-be-back-at-the-cobblers-as-a-youth-team-coach-1-8524299

Oh OK, he still lives in Northampton, so I guess its better use of time than getting more tattoos.  Still doesn't feel right Smiley

It's different, but I don't have a problem with it....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3526 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 10:49:51 »

Its under-14s. So not sure if that will impact us..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3527 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 10:55:02 »

I guess if it affects his game prep/recovery ..

we must have ok'd it, so I'm not losing sleep. I bet plenty of players so this, just at their own clubs
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3528 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 11:44:46 »

Its only a couple of days a week, although not sure what would happen if Brown demanded the players into training on a sunday, does he miss 1st team training or the youth game ?

I'm sure its good for his development though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3529 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 11:48:26 »

No problems with this. Good luck to the bloke. Done alright for us and no reason why that won't continue. Given what I've seen of Richards this is quite a clever move by Northampton. He appears a good role model and they love him up there.
Flashheart

« Reply #3530 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 11:51:27 »

An odd one. I couldn't give a flying one as long as he keeps banging them in, though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3531 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:34:11 »

Man helps out at local kids football team in his spare time. Shocking

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3532 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:36:39 »

Man helps out at local kids football team in his spare time. Shocking
He's not just helping out at a local team, he's been appointed to a paid role in their Academy. Bit different.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3533 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:42:47 »

Unless I missed it, nothing suggests he’s being paid in that article? I can’t imagine putting out some cones and giving a few motivational speeches to some 13 year olds will be a huge conflict of interests.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3534 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:47:05 »

Unless I missed it, nothing suggests he’s being paid in that article? I can’t imagine putting out some cones and giving a few motivational speeches to some 13 year olds will be a huge conflict of interests.
Academy coaching roles are paid. I agree it's not that big a deal in terms of having any impact on him here, but it's not like trotting up to your local U7s sides and "putting out some cones" as you're suggesting. And tbf, there's a bit more to coaching the local U7s side as well, if you're doing it properly
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:50:04 by pauld » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3535 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:50:04 »

Are they? I didn’t know that, fair enough. The way the article was written it looked more like Richards has asked his mate if he can muck in for a bit in his spare time and earn his badges (which I presumed he’d be willing to do on an unpaid basis)

Panda Paws

« Reply #3536 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:51:27 »

Academy coaching roles are paid. I agree it's not that big a deal in terms of having any impact on him here, but it's not like trotting up to your local U7s sides and "putting out some cones" as you're suggesting.

Actually, a lot of academy coaching roles aren't paid. I've no knowledge of this deal, but recall reading on numerous occasions (The Nowhere Men by the brilliant Michael Calvin I think being one) roles like this, particularly at this level, are often volunteer as part of development.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3537 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:52:01 »

Are they? I didn’t know that, fair enough. The way the article was written it looked more like Richards has asked his mate if he can muck in for a bit in his spare time and earn his badges (which I presumed he’d be willing to do on an unpaid basis)
TBF, he may well do, but the role would usually be paid. Although part-time coaching roles at this level are appallingly badly paid so he certainly won't be doing it for the money, as you say the motivation will be to start preparing for a post-playing career in coaching.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3538 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:55:10 »

Actually, a lot of academy coaching roles aren't paid. I've no knowledge of this deal, but recall reading on numerous occasions (The Nowhere Men by the brilliant Michael Calvin I think being one) roles like this, particularly at this level, are often volunteer as part of development.
IIRC, the coaches Calvin was referring to were the community coaches not Academy coaches, where it is fairly common. But, there may well be Academy coaches doing it voluntarily - I should have said "usually", but as I've already said replying to Dave, it's a bit of a moot point really, as any money involved will be rubbish. He isn't going to be paying off his mortgage with it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3539 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 12:58:39 »

IIRC, the coaches Calvin was referring to were the community coaches not Academy coaches, where it is fairly common. But, there may well be Academy coaches doing it voluntarily - I should have said "usually", but as I've already said replying to Dave, it's a bit of a moot point really, as any money involved will be rubbish. He isn't going to be paying off his mortgage with it.

Yep, you're definitely right on not doing it for the money. Might just be £50 or whatever but as you say, a moot point really and fair play to the bloke.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: