Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611822 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3495 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 12:45:35 »

All the news said it was a two year one when he signed, but we are not to know what clauses were in there to activate the second year, seems very odd to pay him off if they have - at least keep him for the summer on the off chance that someone takes a punt on him from another club - based on your response to almost everything no doubt Mansfield would have bought him.

Flitters has just lost his centre half Bennet to Evans at Posh, so he needs a new player.

Is it so far fetched to think he might be in for Preston as he's out of contract, and having signed him for us, knows his worth?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3496 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 14:41:46 »

We willing took up an option on Norris?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It better be because we can get some cash for him because i would have cut and run. We have so many forward players locked down in the squad and we need to create space to get better in, this would have been that opportunity.

It's because we looked much better with him in the side.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 14:54:52 »

Further the OS forget to mention that Jordan Young is still under contract, or is he  Hmmm
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 15:15:07 »

Further the OS forget to mention that Jordan Young is still under contract, or is he  Hmmm

He is, they just forgot. Must feel nice for the lad.

I liked Smith for non footballing reasons, I'm a bit gutted  Girl Giggle

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 15:17:44 »

Pervert   

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3500 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 15:27:31 »

Was it his hair......

In the picture the club have chosen to illustrate the farewell tweet it looks like he is wearing a ginger ushanka

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/996712894434865152
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:06:23 »

I'd be willing to bet we scored more goals with Norris on the pitch than without, probably a lot more, people have decided they don't like him though so stats like that (if true) can be ignored.

As for Preston, I'd love to see him stay, after all the talk from the club since DF left I'd imagine not many are queuing up to join him.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:42:11 »

Thank god Smith has left, a very limited footballer. No doubt he will be replaced by another youth product who will have a constant clamour for his inclusion, the smart money's on Twine...
Panda Paws

« Reply #3503 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:45:07 »

How many managers have we been through that haven't seen enough in Smith? I'm going to choose to side with them rather than our weird, obsessive fan base.

And if he goes on to prove us wrong, fair play. When was the last person to do that?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:48:54 »

Mustapha Caroyal?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:50:03 »

Arguably Billy Bodin, although no one would have predicted his rise at the time - he was not up to much at all and it took him many years to get to the level he is at now.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 16:54:38 »

That was to do with the fall out between Di Canio and Paul more than footballing reasons though wasn't it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3507 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 17:00:22 »

How many managers have we been through that haven't seen enough in Smith? I'm going to choose to side with them rather than our weird, obsessive fan base.

And if he goes on to prove us wrong, fair play. When was the last person to do that?

Mustapha Carayol left our set up, and went on to have a decent career, as a mid table Div 2 sort of player, may still be at Ipswich.

Don't remember there being much of a fuss about him at the time mind.

It's entirely possible to drop down and still have a career as a pro, fellas like Will Evans and Scott Doe spring to mind. OK not mega bucks in the Conference or Conference N/S, but it probably compares quite favourably with what your peers are on in the real world.

Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 17:00:56 »

Kayden  Jackson ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3509 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 17:08:52 »

Mustapha Carayol left our set up, and went on to have a decent career, as a mid table Div 2 sort of player, may still be at Ipswich.

Don't remember there being much of a fuss about him at the time mind.

It's entirely possible to drop down and still have a career as a pro, fellas like Will Evans and Scott Doe spring to mind. OK not mega bucks in the Conference or Conference N/S, but it probably compares quite favourably with what your peers are on in the real world.

Doe played for Boreham Wood on saturday. Didnt he realise he was 29, he looked older than Herhab!
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: