Pages: 1 ... 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1620432 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3450 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 09:30:23 »

I thought Charles Cook has another year on his deal?

Apparently he was offered the extension but dropped the pen when trying to sign.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3451 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 09:40:47 »

Apparently he was offered the extension but dropped the pen when trying to sign.

Fuck me that made me laugh, seriously an old one but a golden one.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3452 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 09:46:38 »

Or maybe they drew a line and put the contract 6 foot in the air a yard off the line.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3453 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 11:13:20 »

I think Mullin has struggled a bit because he doesn't seem to have a best position, he can fill in on both wings, centre forward and sat behind the main striker.

At times he has looked outstanding, always willing to run and chase things and his finishing has been pretty good too but he needs a run in the team in a position where he can do the most damage.

Mullin is an old fashioned out and out centre forward. The type to play in a 442 with wingers and a target man up top with him.

Similar mould to Steve Finney

If anything Mullins playing football in the wrong era!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3454 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 15:39:57 »

Mullin is an old fashioned out and out centre forward. The type to play in a 442 with wingers and a target man up top with him.

Similar mould to Steve Finney

If anything Mullins playing football in the wrong era!

I'd agree with that.  He has a good finishing instinct, just needs to be played in the right role with the right personnel to get the best out of him.  Think he would have done well with Allison next to him.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3455 on: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 16:18:09 »

Or maybe they drew a line and put the contract 6 foot in the air a yard off the line.
Sorry BO has this in the bag.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 09:06:11 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3456 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 08:52:54 »

I'd agree with that.  He has a good finishing instinct, just needs to be played in the right role with the right personnel to get the best out of him.  Think he would have done well with Allison next to him.

Mullin should really ever find himself out the oppositions penalty area.

He would have done great with The Chief. I think a front two of him and Norris would have been serviceable this season. Would have needed better wingers though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3457 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:12:56 »

I think Mullins definately best played as a striker but some of his best games for us have come as a wide attacker, certainly early season, he has strength and a bit of pace but so badly needs to be played where he can hurt the opposition...in the box, not down either wing.

Then again I think Woolery would be more useful playing as a wide attacker rather than through the middle, the same role he did so well with at FGR.

For some reason DF swapped them over with Mullin wide and Woolery throught the middle which most of the time never worked.

Hopefully PB will have seen enough to play to both players strengths next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3458 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:20:12 »

Indeed. I think they can both be key players for us next season (and could have been this if used regularly, in the right way) As you say, hopefully Phil Brown sees it the same way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3459 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:25:28 »

I did feel that under DF a fair percentage of the side seemed to be played out of their best position, then again he made a bit of a habit of that at Bury previously according to the Shakers forum.

Knoyle played at CB, Purkiss at CB, Iandolo at LB, Gordon at WB, Goddard in various positions, Taylor at LB, Woolery and Mullin all over the place, McDermott at CM, Anderson at CM and striker, RCC in goal....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #3460 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 11:09:44 »

Woolery often gets stick for not being a prolific scorer. He's not an out and out striker, though.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3461 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 11:31:02 »

As previously said Mullin would be v.good in a central striker role in a 4-4-2 alongside a target man.  The problem is Swindon don't really have a target man or, at least, a good one. 
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3462 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 11:35:52 »

Woolery often gets stick for not being a prolific scorer. He's not an out and out striker, though.

I think of Woolery like Theo Walcott.  Best position would be on the right in a 4-3-3.  I'm not sure he's really up to it, though, and I wouldn't shape the team to accommodate him.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3463 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 14:17:30 »

I’m not quite sure I agree with this assessment of Mullin as a finisher. I’d agree that he attacks the ball with gusto and he is seemingly unafraid of being hurt - which helps enormously with rebounds etc - but i’ve not seen it in his movement or positioning, or calmness under pressure. Contrast it with Richard’s who pulls wide, near or short as the chance demands to finish - although increasingly being let down by his declining physicality - and terrible left foot.

I do agree that he is lost outside the box, having little guile, no change of pace and only passible technique. Just my opinion though - and i’ve not seen him up top that often. IMHO he’s a decent player but i’m not sure which area he’s actually good enough in to make his own.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3464 on: Sunday, May 13, 2018, 14:28:55 »

I'd heard that Cheltenham were trying to sign a 'former' right back of ours.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: