Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611722 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3300 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 09:13:18 »

He he.

Of course, though, it could genuinely be a coincidence.
It really isn't, Hussey absolutely hated Flitcroft (I may have made that bit up).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3301 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:14:30 »

Kellan Gordon returns to Derby.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3302 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:17:01 »

Shame he got injured. Like a lot of loan players started off well but got progressively worse as the season wore on, not helped by moving into RWB. Hope he does well at Derby along with Elsnik. We've certainly had a lot worse.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:21:45 »

Shame he got injured. Like a lot of loan players started off well but got progressively worse as the season wore on, not helped by moving into RWB. Hope he does well at Derby along with Elsnik. We've certainly had a lot worse.

I wouldn't be against signing him.... don't think he is much better than Div 4 standard, so a realistic target.  Whereeas Timi, looks a step up, so no chance of getting him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3304 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:27:24 »

I wouldn't be against signing him.... don't think he is much better than Div 4 standard, so a realistic target.  Whereeas Timi, looks a step up, so no chance of getting him.
Jury is out on Gordon for me, I think Knoyle looks a better option in our team, Gordon may improve if he can improve his delivery, a major part of a wingers job TBH.

Elsnik looked fantastic before his injury but since he came back has been no more than an average L3 player unfortunately, but when fit he does possess a huge amount of skill on the ball, I would love him back for a 2nd loan.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 11:42:34 »

Jury is out on Gordon for me, I think Knoyle looks a better option in our team, Gordon may improve if he can improve his delivery, a major part of a wingers job TBH.

Elsnik looked fantastic before his injury but since he came back has been no more than an average L3 player unfortunately, but when fit he does possess a huge amount of skill on the ball, I would love him back for a 2nd loan.

With these lads, it's what you might call Anderson syndrome... they don't look much better than Conference/Div 4 standard, but if they did we'd have no chance of signing them. What you hope is that they can then improve if coming into a the club permanently. It rarely happens you get a proper gem, so you have to make best use of the abilities they've got.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 12:07:34 »

I think he was rushed back to soon after injury and has struggled with his fitness since sadly, but will probably be a good learning curve for him
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3307 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 13:22:58 »

I think he would be against us signing him though, has much loftier ambitions.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3308 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 18:27:53 »

Apologies as I’m sure it’s only a few pages back but is there a list of the squad and when their contracts expire?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #3309 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 18:52:53 »

Apologies as I’m sure it’s only a few pages back but is there a list of the squad and when their contracts expire?
Here it is
https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/swindon-towns-contract-situation-who-might-leave-this-summer/

Sent from my D5803
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3310 on: Saturday, April 21, 2018, 19:11:03 »

Thanks Chrisser.

Goalkeepers: Lawrence Vigouroux (2019), Reice Charles-Cook (2019), Will Henry (2018), Stuart Moore (2018)

Defenders: Olly Lancashire (2019), Matt Taylor (2018), Matt Preston (2018), Dion Conroy (2019), Ryan McGivern (2018)

Midfielders: James Dunne (2019), Ellis Iandolo (2018), Donal McDermott (2018), Jordan Young (2019)

Strikers: Paul Mullin (2019), Luke Norris (2019), Keshi Anderson (2020), Kaiyne Woolery (2020), Marc Richards (2019)

Chris Hussey's Sheffield United contract expires in 2018

Rollin Menayese's Bristol Rovers contract is undisclosed

Kellan Gordon's Derby County contract expires in 2019

Timi Elsnik's Derby County contract expires in 2019

Ollie Banks' Oldham Athletic contract expires in 2018

Kyle Knoyle, Ben Purkiss, Chris Robertson, Amine Linganzi, Tom Smith, Tom Ouldridge and Scott Twine have not had their contract length publicly disclosed by Swindon Town.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3311 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 09:22:41 »

Here we are with the usual pretty colours:

THE CURRENT SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS
1. Lawrence Vigouroux (2019) - Waterford
12. Will Henry (2018)
21. Reice Charles-Cook (2019)
28. Stuart Moore (2018)

DEFENDERS
2. Ben Purkiss (TBC)
3. Chris Hussey (Loan/2018)
4. Matt Preston (2018)
5. Chris Robertson (TBC)
6. Olly Lancashire (2019)
23. Joe Romanski (TBC)
24. Kyle Knoyle (TBC)
25. Dion Conroy (2019)
32. Rollin Menayese (Loan/TBC)
34. Ryan McGivern (2018)

MIDFIELDERS
7. Paul Mullin (2019)
8. James Dunne (2019)
14. Ellis Iandolo (2018)
15. Tom Smith (TBC) - Bath City
16. Amine Linganzi (TBC)
18. Donal McDermott (2018)
19. Timi Max Elsnik (loan/2019)
26. Jordan Young (2019)
29. Ollie Banks (Loan/2018)
31. Matthew Taylor (2018)
--. Tommy Ouldridge (TBC) - Cirencester Town

FORWARDS
9. Luke Norris (2019)
17. Marc Richards (2019)
22. Kaiyne Woolery (2020)
27. Scott Twine (TBC)
30. Keshi Anderson (2020)

NOTE: There may be some errors.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3312 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 09:23:51 »

Looking ahead, The goalkeepers (Moore aside) and forwards could stay how how they right now. I don't even think that would be the end of the world either. Under the right management, there are clean sheets and goals with the current lot involved.

Tighter defence and we'd be way, way higher up the table (which most failing sides will be saying) - that's why I'd axe the majority of those out-of-contract.

Contract wise I'd keep:

Matthew Taylor - Essential. Even if he plays half the games he has this season
Kyle Knoyle - Done enough to merit at least one more year within the First Team Squad
Ellis Iandolo - That would probably be his last chance to cement a place
Scott Twine - Keep him in the fringes. Plenty of time for him
Joe Romanski - Keep him in the fringes. Plenty of time for him
Tom Smith - For all of the 'HERE MUST BE IN THE SWINDON SIDE' outrage, he's now had a full season of regular football. Town might benefit from that.

I'd release:
* Assuming they're on 1-year deals.

Stuart Moore - Only here because of the Flitcroft/Vigouroux fall out
Ryan McGivern - Only here because of injuries, not done a great deal to merit a new deal
Ben Purkiss* - Isn't ageing as well as Matthew Taylor
Chris Robertson* - He's probably already left the building
Matt Preston* - Wouldn't be unhappy with him staying but I have a feeling he's not sticking around regardless. I imagine he'd be a target for Mansfield.
Amine Linganzi* - Injuries
Donal McDermot* - Injuries and caters too much to Flitcroft's world
Tommy Ouldridge* - Mistreated by Flitcroft (or whoever bombed out Smith, Evans, Ouldridge and Simpson) - wouldn't be against him coming back for pre-season but you'd probably think that he's done.

I also wouldn't keep any of the current loan players.

Timi Elsnik was great... and then injuries ended that
Ollie Banks started well and then that form fizzled away
Chris Hussey missed too much for me to be that positive if he did join
Rollin Menayese isn't good enough

If Town started pre-season with the below Then I'd say, we'd be in an okay position to improve from this seasons non-starter:

GOALKEEPERS
Lawrence Vigouroux
Will Henry
Reice Charles-Cook

DEFENDERS
Olly Lancashire
Joe Romanski
Kyle Knoyle
Dion Conroy

MIDFIELDERS
James Dunne
Ellis Iandolo
Tom Smith
Jordan Young
Matthew Taylor

FORWARDS
Paul Mullin
Luke Norris
Marc Richards
Kaiyne Woolery
Scott Twine
Keshi Anderson

Then it really is a case of Lee Power ensuring that he's appointing the right man for the job... and arranging a pre-season schedule.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 09:26:46 by Costanza » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3313 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 09:36:27 »

Can’t agree about the strikers. Norris is good for 12 max including pens, not good enough. Can’t expect to rely on Richards. Woolery and Anderson have shown very little.

At times we’ve pumped a lot of crosses into the box with very little result. I’d go for a Harry Smith type - size wise.

The problem is that those players still under contract for next year are, mainly, the ones who need shifting. But who is going to want them? If they remain, on the fringes, the supposed disharmony in the squad could remain.

Preston and Conroy are must stays for me. The loans can all go back.

If Brown does stay, I’d assume he must have had assurances from Power about budget. So on that basis I’d like him to stay. If he legs it I’d like a player manager type. Craig Bellamy appeals to me.
Flashheart

« Reply #3314 on: Sunday, April 22, 2018, 09:49:37 »

Bellamy would be great, if only because he turned down the Pox.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: