Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611709 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3180 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:19:45 »

agree with drs. need the linchpin in midfield that unlocks the attack.
Flashheart

« Reply #3181 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:22:28 »

No more strikers, although I did read something somewhere about Anderson being made permanent. Make of that what you will.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3182 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:23:45 »

Be more than happy with that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3183 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:27:40 »

Yep. He's not quite the full ticket yet but the sort of player we could develop and sell on
Panda Paws

« Reply #3184 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:01:22 »

GK to replace Vigs if he goes
Cover/upgrade in CDM

Attacking wise we're pretty well stocked but need to keep Elsnik fit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3185 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:30:22 »

No more strikers, although I did read something somewhere about Anderson being made permanent. Make of that what you will.

Rumours from the Palace end
Flashheart

« Reply #3186 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 15:42:12 »

Tom Smith and Brophy have been recalled
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3187 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 15:47:39 »

Right call to recall Smith, with Dunne one away from a booking need a player in there to replace him, or give bite to the midfield.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3188 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 15:56:42 »

Both been playing well for Bath and Orient respectively, Orient fans have enjoyed Brophy with his pace down the left according to their forum, hes been a highlight of a crap season for them so far.

We are obviously very short of bodies so it makes sense.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3189 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:01:55 »

Not exactly a surprise. I'd forgotten that Brophy was still ours, I watched one of his early games on BT for Orient, and he was terrible.  Dare say that the couple of months more work with Embers will have probably finished any prospects he had of making it as a league player.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3190 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:17:56 »

Not exactly a surprise. I'd forgotten that Brophy was still ours, I watched one of his early games on BT for Orient, and he was terrible.  Dare say that the couple of months more work with Embers will have probably finished any prospects he had of making it as a league player.
Some good comments about Brophy on the O's forum, still seems like he struggles with the final ball though.

Brophy - 7 - Best player on the pitch. Pace to burn and can beat a man. As mentioned by others, his final ball is a bit lacking.

I like Brophy - it makes a change to see someone running at the opposition's defence and creating uncertainty. Yes his final delivery/decision making isn't always the best - but if it was he would be playing at a higher level.

Brophy out wide is an absolute must, we don't have any other wingers with the engine that he's got.

Brophy- 7: MOTM. Probably a 6 first half, 8 second. Roasted their right back time and time again and was a constant threat.

brophy not close to league standard yet ,very good once on the ball struggles with first touch. l think he's dropped his keys on the pitch seems as if he's looking for them never looks up , spends a lot of time apologising ...

Brophy caused them lots of problems.

Brophy was my man of the match , he was a nuisance all game , just a shame about his decision making at the death.

Brophy was a threat all afternoon and will be at this level

This league isn't complicated and watching Brophy skip around the Dover defenders at will it defies belief why we've been playing such an over-technical system.

Got to put Brophy down a mark to 6 because of his decision making, he was tearing them apart at times but more often than not didn't do what was required afterwards.

Brophy - 7 - Our best player going forward by a mile, can go past people like they aren't there. Unfortunately he isn't a left back,

Still feel we can get goals but should be going 4-4-2 to get Brophy forward who is one of the few players that looks like he could make something happen.

really like Brophy but I think it's pretty clear he's a wide midfielder/ winger than defender.

Brophy was a lone ranger tonight but with absolutely no show from any of the supporting cast.

Brophy would be my first pick. He was outstanding on Saturday.

Brophy coming on did make a big impact - played as a true winger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3191 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:31:54 »

Some good comments about Brophy on the O's forum, still seems like he struggles with the final ball though.

Think that pretty much sums up what we've seen. With some players it's attitude that is the problem, but his attitude is OK, he's just not quite good enough. It's a shame because I had hopes he might come good.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:35:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3192 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 16:44:40 »

Right call to recall Smith, with Dunne one away from a booking need a player in there to replace him, or give bite to the midfield.
Think Dunne is OK now. Yellows have been wiped after the last game according to Flitcroft.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3193 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 17:13:07 »

Think Dunne is OK now. Yellows have been wiped after the last game according to Flitcroft.

Someone will get a tackle on Sat, let's hope he doesn't get carried away and go full McDermott v Barnet.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3194 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 17:22:51 »

Yep - could have done with Smith alongside him to close out the game on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: