Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611793 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3135 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 14:05:51 »

Tom Smith on loan to Bath City

Really? Waste.

Still. we don't see him in training.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3136 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 15:21:45 »

Hopefully the social media political correctness police won't pick up that all of our gingers have been shipped out on loan.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #3137 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 16:22:17 »

Exactly, we see these players for 90 minutes where as DF sees them daily in a totally different environment, Smith will get his chance but he seems to not be at the level (experience?) that DF is looking for hence why he has gone out on loan along with others such as Evans, Twine and Ouldridge.

Smith will get his chance but he will have to earn it, not just given it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3138 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 16:29:52 »

Really? Waste.

Seems strange that he couldn't get a gig higher than the National League South, which possibly suggests that he isn't as good as some seem to think he is.

He has been knocking around our first team for a fair while, I remember he was on the bench for the game at Fleetwood in January 2015, but he is still only 19 so fingers crossed for the ginger lad.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3139 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 16:46:57 »

Seems strange that he couldn't get a gig higher than the National League South, which possibly suggests that he isn't as good as some seem to think he is.

He has been knocking around our first team for a fair while, I remember he was on the bench for the game at Fleetwood in January 2015, but he is still only 19 so fingers crossed for the ginger lad.

Not at all, it's only 2 leagues below us... a bit like the 2 Derby boys have had to drop 2 leagues. From recent times the likes of James Brophy, who's much more experienced, could get a Conference gig, and Jermaine Hylton, however neither looks remotely good enough at that level.

BOO couldn't get a club in England at all....
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3140 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 07:19:24 »

Not at all, it's only 2 leagues below us... a bit like the 2 Derby boys have had to drop 2 leagues. From recent times the likes of James Brophy, who's much more experienced, could get a Conference gig, and Jermaine Hylton, however neither looks remotely good enough at that level.

BOO couldn't get a club in England at all....

Well then it's all the more reason for youth players such as him to try to join a club like Southampton, or Spurs, or Derby for that matter, over Swindon.

Smith isn't a world beater, but anyone who has taken the trouble watch us over the last couple of years will know full well that he's a better footballer than Brophy, Hylton or BOO. If someone of his level was loaned here from a bigger club for the season, he'd play 40 games.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3141 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 07:36:11 »

Well then it's all the more reason for youth players such as him to try to join a club like Southampton, or Spurs, or Derby for that matter, over Swindon.

Smith isn't a world beater, but anyone who has taken the trouble watch us over the last couple of years will know full well that he's a better footballer than Brophy, Hylton or BOO. If someone of his level was loaned here from a bigger club for the season, he'd play 40 games.
Willing to bet any amount Smith will not be a pro in 5 years time. We do it all the time as fans with a particular youngster. That is 3 managers now who jave all looked at Smith and decided against playing him,must be a reason.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3142 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 07:41:01 »

Willing to bet any amount Smith will not be a pro in 5 years time. We do it all the time as fans with a particular youngster. That is 3 managers now who jave all looked at Smith and decided against playing him,must be a reason.

Right, but when the club hardly ever brings a player through the system (Thompson x 2 and Pook are the only ones since the turn of the century to have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday and gone on to make 12+ league starts for the club), it doesn't exactly suggest a healthy treatment of / attitude towards 'our own'.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3143 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:13:19 »

Right, but when the club hardly ever brings a player through the system (Thompson x 2 and Pook are the only ones since the turn of the century to have been at Swindon on their 15th birthday and gone on to make 12+ league starts for the club), it doesn't exactly suggest a healthy treatment of / attitude towards 'our own'.

Contra to that, how many that we've let go have gone on to do anything of note? Only ones that spring to mind are bodin and carayol

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3144 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:20:19 »

Contra to that, how many that we've let go have gone on to do anything of note? Only ones that spring to mind are bodin and carayol

And both of them dropped 2 leagues to get games before 'making it' in the football league.

Ferret, go back to correcting Reg. Your own opinions are shit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3145 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:36:27 »

Lukas Jutkiewicz?
Flashheart

« Reply #3146 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:40:37 »

How many other clubs at this level have players regularly coming through the ranks and going on to be regular professionals?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3147 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:42:13 »

Lukas Jutkiewicz?

Not sure of the exact timelines but the specificity of Ferret's "15th birthday" thing makes me think that Lukas may have still been in the Southampton academy at that point
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3148 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:51:55 »

Fans views on the quality, or otherwise, of players isn’t restricted to youth players.

I always though Fabien Robert was decent and he’s now plying his trade at Aldershot.

Those youngsters we flogged off, names bypass me, 2 to Wolves, 1 to Man City and probably others I’ve forgotten, none have come back to bite us on the arse.

Bodin was the result of Il Duce’s problem with his dad, I believe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3149 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 08:56:02 »

Bodin had something about him but I'd never thought he'd reach the standard he has. Fair play to him though, he took the hard route and that's obviously benefitted him.

Henshall was the youngster to Man City. No idea where he is now. Randall went to Wolves and played against us for FGR the other day. He seems like he may come good and I can see him at L1 level in a few years. There's a couple like Jake Hyde and Scott Doe who have gone on to have fairly decent lower level careers.

I've only seen Smith a handful of times but he looked decent to me. It could just be a loan for game time? Flitcroft was raving about Twine and he was sent out as well.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: