Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611641 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3120 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 11:23:02 »

So on the logic being presented above Vigs will be off today as well, them being friends and all that.....  Roll Eyes

Not sure he'll be off today but soon I reckon.

Flitters hints that not all of his squad are on board, HS seems to be one, I'd hazard a guess that Vigs is another.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3121 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 14:35:23 »

That STFC rumours site on Twitter reckoned that H.Smith and DF had an argument in training. Seemingly Smith thought he should be starting ahead of Norris on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3122 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 15:13:25 »

That STFC rumours site on Twitter reckoned that H.Smith and DF had an argument in training. Seemingly Smith thought he should be starting ahead of Norris on Saturday.

Would not really disagree with that - Norris must have been playing doped up on pain killers, surely Smith would have up for it having got a goal previous game.

But equally I can see why Norris playing would be better as he is a man in form scoring and his confidence is high and if he says he can play then you probably do play him
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3123 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 06:44:47 »

If looking for a replacement in Jan, Keyon Reffell is setting a few games alight for Hereford.....

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3124 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 08:38:04 »

I just don't think Smith was very good. From the games I saw he didn't really win a lot for his size and he wasn't very mobile whereas Norris is, and looks more dangerous in front of goal (bar the one Smith did score which he took very well).
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3125 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 10:32:02 »

What tails said. Smith looked rubbish - him returning leaves us a lot lighter on bodies than it does on quality

Things get better but they never get good
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3126 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 10:52:24 »

I thought Smiths best cameo was when he came on against Coventry. Other than that he hasn't done much except the goal.
To expect to be starting ahead of a striker who has scored 7 goals is a bit deluded though.
Flashheart

« Reply #3127 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 11:02:18 »

Norris must have been playing doped up on pain killers,

And you know the extent of his 'injury' how, exactly?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3128 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 11:37:58 »

I'm not for a moment dismissing penalty scorers, I know as well as anyone that we've missed our share over the years, but the fact remains that anyone who calls himself a striker should bury the majority of them - and we shouldn't overlook the fact that 3 of the 7 Norris goals have been pens.

From open play he's had 3 in his last 11 starts, which isn't far ahead of last season's ratio (6 in 25 starts).

I'm not saying that he should have been dropped, or that he has an easy gig up there on his own. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's been indifferent again during the last 2 games, and the jury is still out.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3129 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 12:42:27 »

I'm not for a moment dismissing penalty scorers, I know as well as anyone that we've missed our share over the years, but the fact remains that anyone who calls himself a striker should bury the majority of them - and we shouldn't overlook the fact that 3 of the 7 Norris goals have been pens.

From open play he's had 3 in his last 11 starts, which isn't far ahead of last season's ratio (6 in 25 starts).

I'm not saying that he should have been dropped, or that he has an easy gig up there on his own. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's been indifferent again during the last 2 games, and the jury is still out.

His attempted finish when put through 1 on 1 at Forest Green, was frankly appalling.

That said, his goal against Coventry was a worldy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3130 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 13:10:36 »

His attempted finish when put through 1 on 1 at Forest Green, was frankly appalling.

That said, his goal against Coventry was a worldy.

I think that's part of the package with him - he's always more likely to score a good goal than a 'striker's' one. The same applied last season. I remember being right behind the one against Luton in the JPT and it was a peach, curled in at the far post.

He also tends to be more likely to score when the pressure is off - he has a cracking record in the JPT, got one when we were 4 down against Barnet, etc etc. But he's prone to screw up when it really matters (e.g. 0-0, 2nd half at FGR).
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3131 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 14:56:55 »

And you know the extent of his 'injury' how, exactly?

If your shoulder pops out and then in then its not exactly pain free - he was playing previously on pain killers
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3132 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 13:08:21 »

Tom Smith on loan to Bath City
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3133 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 13:12:01 »

DF on harry smith:

DAVE FLITCROFT 🗣️ | "Harry Smith has had a few personal issues and he's back at Millwall dealing with those."

DF 🗣️ | "We're trying to get him in a good place to be able to continue his loan for us. The situation is ongoing."

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3134 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 14:05:26 »

Fits with argument then.
And a lot of other permutations of course.

Either way the door is open.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: