Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611775 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3030 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:02:00 »

The fact Ouldridge is seemingly still on the scene surely points to his contract being signed and sealed prior to Flitcroft's arrival - if it was withdrawn then he'd be nowhere near the club. The offering of deals to the three youths and to the woeful Hylton prior to an appointment of a new manager strikes me as very strange by Lee Power, especially given his reputation for keeping an keen eye on costs.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #3031 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:06:09 »

but it could just be cost cutting following the relation. would explain the TO contact withdrawal

are you reg as that's the sort of thing he would say.

Tom Ouldridge's dad posted on the FB group on Saturday during the Woking game and basically said Tom has been told he needs to go out and find some game time (hence playing for Bath City on Saturday). The only realistic reason that these players are being told that is they are surplus to requirements for the team for this season, they haven't shown enough to warrant a team position, where as Smith and Twine have.

There will be very little monetary saving getting rid of 3 players of that calibre who won't be earning much. It's football, not everyone makes it, look at how many ex scholars play for Marine, Chippenham and the other local non-league teams, quite a few and how many go any higher than non-league? very few.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3032 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:13:10 »

Gillman,

You have somewhat of a reputation in these parts for talking out of your arse. Your last paragraph is a classic example - I am not sure how can you link the wages of three first team professionals to ex scholars plying their trade on the non league circuit. Of course there would be a reasonable financial saving if we offloaded three first teamers  Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #3033 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:18:44 »

You have somewhat of a reputation in these parts for talking out of your arse.

Coming from you, this literally just made me laugh out loud.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #3034 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:19:09 »

Gillman,

You have somewhat of a reputation in these parts for talking out of your arse. Your last paragraph is a classic example - I am not sure how can you link the wages of three first team professionals to ex scholars plying their trade on the non league circuit. Of course there would be a reasonable financial saving if we offloaded three first teamers  Hmmm

You call Starkey who played 1 game, Ouldridge and Evans first team professionals? I would be very surprised if they are on more than £500 p/w each, that's not exactly a massive saving when Williams was on more nearly double what each 3 of them would earn combined...... If we were cost cutting then the last people affected would be 3 low paid footballers, considering they haven't been released and Starkey played on Tuesday means the club are still paying them. Just this week we got a new club secretary, why would they do that if they were cost cutting?

Now go back 4 years ago when we released Williams, that was a definite way to save money as he was supposedly on £7k a week......
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3035 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:27:36 »

Williams on 7k a week? Where on earth did you read that, the FB group? Oh wait....
Flashheart

« Reply #3036 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:32:02 »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding the irony hilarious. I wish I didn't have to crash now.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #3037 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:35:25 »

Williams on 7k a week? Where on earth did you read that, the FB group? Oh wait....

I said supposedly as we will never know but that's based on figures given by Power that Williams was the top earner..... we were paying stupid wages for some players and Williams was one of them hence him being shot of as soon as his contract ended.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3038 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 21:57:29 »

if you are citing a £1m loss due to relagation you cut costs wherever you can in non essential personnel . (not you Gillmam, Power)

I don't know what is what regarding TO and his contact/withdrawal/reinstatement/whatever. But it's not a stupid suggestion even if it turns out not to be correct.

and I think we fucking well  know Williams wasn't on £364k a year Wink 7k a month seems more believable.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3039 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:44:45 »

Gillman,

You have somewhat of a reputation in these parts for talking out of your arse.

Erm...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3040 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:57:55 »

Erm...

Cheesy
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #3041 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:01:17 »

Erm...

Yep
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3042 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:15:38 »

Gillman,

This post should be quoted in the dictionary under either pot, kettle or black...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3043 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:21:14 »

You know he's talking about Andy not Luke don't you?

Given the regime who gave Andy his contract it's not exactly unbelievable
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3044 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:21:51 »

This is true, they offered Adam Rooney an 8k a week package remember
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: