Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611744 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3015 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 13:27:56 »

In my scheme of things there are 4 categories of league club in England.... mega, big, medium and small.  It is possible for clubs to transition between status over a period of time, but it tends to be gradual, and difficult.

By way of an idea of how the rankings match up... I'd say mega are the Man U's of the world, there aren't many of them.  Big clubs are greater in number, but still relatively few.. I'd put the likes of Newcastle/ Villa down as big, despite playing in Div 2 last year.

Medium clubs, now contain the likes of Swansea, Reading and BHA, who have transited from small. Bormuff, need to do a bit more yet, to gain that ranking.

The majority of clubs are small, some have the potential to graduate to medium, and there have been times when STFC, could have made the move, but sadly failed. Bristol City 82 are a club who would like to become medium, but happily remain small, but with potential.

Our current status is small, with no immediate potential for a rise to medium.

So in your hierarchy Bristol City are in the same basket as Forest Green. Hmm...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3016 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 14:27:28 »

So in your hierarchy Bristol City are in the same basket as Forest Green. Hmm...

Yes, but with more potential.  

When City 82 formed, they were in Div 4 like FGR, in the subsequent 35 years, they've spent more years at Div 3/4 level, than in 2.

City are bankrolled by a wealthy individual, like FGR, their debt is eye watering.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 14:40:10 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3017 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 15:15:35 »

Yes, but with more potential. 

When City 82 formed, they were in Div 4 like FGR, in the subsequent 35 years, they've spent more years at Div 3/4 level, than in 2.

City are bankrolled by a wealthy individual, like FGR, their debt is eye watering.

Bristol city forum has a who's biggest debate every season. i think you would tip them over the edge if they saw you class them in the same bracket as newport, cheltenham etc
Panda Paws

« Reply #3018 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 15:25:25 »

I think there's a 5th bracket of traditional non-league clubs having a good time of it in the league at the moment... FGR, Burton, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Oxford.

But yes, most of us are all the same.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3019 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 16:00:34 »

not one club is the same in terms of size, attendances, trophies won, capacity, new ground/old ground, potential, budget, impossible to classify.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3020 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 16:16:25 »

not one club is the same in terms of size, attendances, trophies won, capacity, new ground/old ground, potential, budget, impossible to classify.

Classification seems a fundamental of the human brain... it's the only way we can make sense of the universe. Reality is a relative thing... it's the only way I can understand us being in the same league as FGR.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3021 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 16:55:29 »

Classification seems a fundamental of the human brain... it's the only way we can make sense of the universe. Reality is a relative thing... it's the only way I can understand us being in the same league as FGR.

Classification can make sense, but not when you have Bournemouth and forest green in the same category. It needs a lot of work
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3022 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 18:38:46 »

Classification can make sense, but not when you have Bournemouth and forest green in the same category. It needs a lot of work

Bormuff are on the cusp of medium categorisation, depends on what Howe does.... they could rapidly unravel, whereas FGR are just at the start of small club category. It was as recently as 2009 that Bormuff looked to on their way to non league, they could just as easily head back there soon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3023 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:08:37 »

Numbers announced

Open navigation
Swindon Town badge - Link to home
Club News
2017/18 Squad Numbers Revealed
Find Out What Digit Your Favourite Player Will Be Wearing Next Season!

1 Hour ago

swindontownfc.co.uk
Swindon Town’s squad numbers for the 2017/18 Sky Bet League Two campaign have been confirmed.

The majority of last season’s squad have retained their numbers, although Luke Norris has switched from number 33 to number 9.

Youngsters Jordan Young and Scott Twine will wear numbers 26 and 27 respectively for the new season.

Town have brought in ten fresh faces over the summer and full-backs Ben Purkiss, Chris Hussey and Kyle Knoyle will wear 2, 3, and 24 respectively, while centre-backs Chris Robertson and Olly Lancashire will take up 5 and 6. 

Hard-hitting midfielder James Dunne will have the number 8 splashed across his back, Amine Linganzi will wear 16 and Donal McDermott has been handed 18.

Harry Smith, on a season-long loan from Millwall, will look to score plenty of goals with number 17 on his back and Paul Mullin is Town’s new number 7.

SWINDON TOWN’S 2017/18 SQUAD NUMBERS IN FULL:

1. Lawrence Vigouroux

2. Ben Purkiss

3. Chris Hussey

4. Conor Thomas

5. Chris Robertson

6. Olly Lancashire

7. Paul Mullin

8. James Dunne

9. Luke Norris

10. John Goddard

11. James Brophy

12. Will Henry

14. Ellis Iandolo

15. Tom Smith

16. Amine Linganzi

17. Harry Smith

18. Donal McDermott

24. Kyle Knoyle

25. Dion Conroy

26. Jordan Young

27. Scott Twine
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3024 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:25:52 »

"James Dunne will have the number 8 splashed across his back"

:gay:

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3025 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:26:34 »

No number for Ouldridge then.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3026 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:32:15 »

No number for Ouldridge then.

Or Starkey and Jake evans
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3027 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:36:52 »

Certainly doesn't bode well for Starkey.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3028 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 17:40:45 »

Certainly doesn't bode well for Starkey.
I did read a DF quote a few weeks back where he said Starkey was training on his own! As for Evans why have we offered him a deal if he doesn't feature in DF's plans! Strange one that!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3029 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 18:20:52 »

strange all round.

Starkey I'm assuming was a Williams signing.

Wondered if the other two would be out on loan / off to Waterford  for 'development', but it could just be cost cutting following the relation. would explain the TO contact withdrawal
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: