Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611528 times)
kaufman

« Reply #3000 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 17:23:30 »

Thompson
Boo
Branco
Dabo
Jones
Barry
Sendles White
Colkett
Gladwin
Kasim
Hylton
Ajose
Obika
Stewart
Rodgers
Feruz

A lot of players gone (16) might be missing others.
Some of those in that list were injured long term or out of favour for being a dick.

Is that 8 Signings in now?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #3001 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 17:38:34 »

McDermott is the 9th

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3002 on: Saturday, July 15, 2017, 14:41:18 »

Looking at the shape and players that played against Oldham on Friday it actually looks like we need more defenders. Looks like it will be 4-3-3.

Vig
Purkiss, Robertson (Conroy), Lancashire, Hussey (T Smith)
Dunne, Thomas (Iandolo), Lingnazi (Trialist)
Mullin (McDermott) , Norris (H Smith), Goddard (Brophy)

T Smith isn't really a left back, if you count him as cover for Dunne and exclude the youngsters who were not involved and guess who you have to consider back up, then we need one more Centre Mid and along with 2 full backs and a centre back in order to have cover everywhere.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3003 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 16:36:40 »

Jordan Simpson joins FGR.

Wasn't going to get anywhere near Flitcroft's midfield , probably.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3004 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 16:40:09 »

did he reject us, or did we withdraw his contact..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3005 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:20:34 »

As the three kids were offered contracts pre-Flitcroft, I'm not surprised he (and probably Ouldridge) have gone. He must be over the moon to be staying in the Football League and with a two year deal.

If we're honest he was on the fast track to Chippenham had Simpson stayed at Swindon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3006 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:35:38 »

He signed contract according to Adver, club let him go for free
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #3007 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:45:46 »

Entirely down to Power's mismanagement of the club that we have to be having the debate about which is the bigger club. FGR are a village team backed an extremely wealthy, determined individual who has enough dosh to throw bucketloads of it at his pet project cf a wide boy chancer got lucky looking to earn a return on his more limited cash investment at a much bigger and better supported club. Hopefully Flitcrofts more pragmatic approach will halt the apparently downward trend we were on under Powers crackpot plan with Williams that he would produce enough nuggets for Power to flog off and fund his Swiss Tax Exile lifestyle. From my very limited viewing of last years FA Youth Cup Simpson (and Ouldridge) looked OK without really making me think that they were the future of the club for years to come. Glad for Fitzroys boy that he has got a couple of years to move his career forward but hard to imagine he would have featured at all this year at STFC. Any one know if Ouldridge has already left?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3008 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:56:00 »

we have to be having the debate about which is the bigger club.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3009 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:58:18 »

Aww hell don't start comparing FGR and Swindon, that can sometimes lead to you looking like a muppet.
Flashheart

« Reply #3010 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 18:07:29 »

I find the whole 'which club is biggest' debate to be rather banal usually, but I feel the need to but in on this one.

FGR are not even close in size to Swindon in any way other than budget, and even that is superficial. There is simply no debate to be had.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3011 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 19:40:03 »

I find the whole 'which club is biggest' debate to be rather banal usually, but I feel the need to but in on this one.

FGR are not even close in size to Swindon in any way other than budget, and even that is artificial. There is simply no debate to be had.
Agreed 100% on both points. The 'Club X is bigger than Club Y'  debate is nebulous at best, impossible to prove or disprove and ultimately meaningless and actually pretty crass.

HOWEVER - There can be no doubt that some Clubs are indisputably 'bigger' than others. With that in mind and using my own vague, unwritten criteria we're not on the same fucking planet as them*

*Just in case anyone was in any doubt, I'm saying we're bigger than them**

**not that there should be any doubt.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3012 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 21:50:00 »

Agreed 100% on both points. The 'Club X is bigger than Club Y'  debate is nebulous at best, impossible to prove or disprove and ultimately meaningless and actually pretty crass.

HOWEVER - There can be no doubt that some Clubs are indisputably 'bigger' than others. With that in mind and using my own vague, unwritten criteria we're not on the same fucking planet as them*

A major difference is if Power walked out we should be able to survive as a going concern as we are pretty much breaking even, they'd be in liquidation within weeks if Vince walked as they are making £2.5m a year losses on a £600k turnover. Reality is in 10 years despite what Reg preaches chances are we'll still exist whereas they probably won't as their owner will lose interest when his business park falls through.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3013 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 11:29:12 »

Jordan Simpson joins FGR.

Wasn't going to get anywhere near Flitcroft's midfield , probably.

Surprised there is no sell on included just in case
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3014 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 11:38:10 »

In my scheme of things there are 4 categories of league club in England.... mega, big, medium and small.  It is possible for clubs to transition between status over a period of time, but it tends to be gradual, and difficult.

By way of an idea of how the rankings match up... I'd say mega are the Man U's of the world, there aren't many of them.  Big clubs are greater in number, but still relatively few.. I'd put the likes of Newcastle/ Villa down as big, despite playing in Div 2 last year.

Medium clubs, now contain the likes of Swansea, Reading and BHA, who have transited from small. Bormuff, need to do a bit more yet, to gain that ranking.

The majority of clubs are small, some have the potential to graduate to medium, and there have been times when STFC, could have made the move, but sadly failed. Bristol City 82 are a club who would like to become medium, but happily remain small, but with potential.

Our current status is small, with no immediate potential for a rise to medium.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: