Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612053 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 14:40:28 »

Andrew Steele-Davis ‏@andrew_FLICW  26s
Reeves has penned a deal until January 2015 subject to Football League approval #stf

One to add to the squad list
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:41:53 »

Short deal but a signing is a signing...

Clems Army!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 22:32:24 »

THE SQUAD 2014/15

GOALKEEPERS

1. Wes Foderingham (2015)
2. Nathan Thompson (2015)
3. Nathan Byrne (2015)
4. Massimo Luongo (2016)
5. Jack Stephens (Loan)
6. Jordan Turnbull (Loan)
7. Ben Gladwin (2015)
8. Yaser Kasim (2016)
9. Michael Smith (2016)
10. Andy Williams (2015)
11. Brad Smith (Loan)
14. Jake Reeves (2015)
15. Josh Lelan (Loan)
16. Connor Waldon (2015)
17. Ryan Harley (2015)
18. George Barker (2015)
19. Louis Thompson (Loan)
20. Jonathan Obika
21. Matty Jones (2015) - out on loan
22. Darren Ward (2015)
23. Jack Barthram (2015)
24. Curtis Da Costa (2015) - out on loan
25. Tyrell Belford (2015)
26. Anton Rodgers (2015)
27. Antonio Josue (2015) - out on loan
28. Tom Smith (YTS - 1)
29. Raphael Branco (2015)
30. Harry Agombar (2015)
31. Will Randall (YTS - 2)
32. Lee Marshall (YTS - 2)
33. Tom Holland (YTS - 2)
--. Miles Storey (2016) - out on loan

GOALKEEPER
DEFENDER
MIDFIELDER
FORWARD
WILDERNESS
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 12:01:01 by Costanza » Logged
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 23:35:54 »

That number 30 looks lively. You can get 9/1 on Harley to score 1st against Coventry later today.
lambourn red

« Reply #1129 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 11:37:28 »

Looks like Stephens No. 5, Reeves No. 14 and Obika No. 20 from the training photos on the OS.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 18:57:29 »

Wes

Stevens        N  Thompson    Turnball

Byrne       Kasim      L Thompson     Luongo     B Smith

Smith       Obika

Bench choice of- Gladwin,Branco,Reeves,Williams,Barker,Waldron,Rodgers,Bartram.

That is the strongest starting 11 we have had since playoffs with Wilson and the bench also looks good .Bearing in mind we have cut the budget to 1.8m (4m under the mad Italian) it's a Fantastic achievement and a testament to Power being a very shrewd guy with great football knowledge.Just imagine if we could now attract a bit of investment we could really kick on.
Flashheart

« Reply #1131 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:04:20 »

Wes

Stevens        N  Thompson    Turnball

Byrne       Kasim      L Thompson     Luongo     B Smith

Smith       Obika

Bench choice of- Gladwin,Branco,Reeves,Williams,Barker,Waldron,Rodgers,Bartram.

That is the strongest starting 11 we have had since playoffs with Wilson and the bench also looks good .

?

That's quite a statement. What does everybody else think?
kerry red

« Reply #1132 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:08:11 »

Agree totally.

At this moment in time all we lack is someone to put away all the chances we create.

That might well be Smith/Obika.

We shall see.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:18:44 »

?

That's quite a statement. What does everybody else think?

I've been thinking for a while, and certainly since the deadline transactions that the team and squad is shaping up to be the most exciting in a long while.

That's not quite the same as the best. It's that combination of talent, youth, promise and potential. When we had money and we were investing in experienced players, you never felt like they were going to get any better. They were as good as they were ever going to be when we signed them, and most of them gradually declined until we released them on frees.

This lot feel like they're on their way up and all might be capable of more and better. That's more exciting.

..never go back.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:22:55 »

The only players  I would have in our present squad from the Wilson squad would be Austin ,Greer and Ward on the left.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:23:56 »

I've been thinking for a while, and certainly since the deadline transactions that the team and squad is shaping up to be the most exciting in a long while.

That's not quite the same as the best. It's that combination of talent, youth, promise and potential. When we had money and we were investing in experienced players, you never felt like they were going to get any better. They were as good as they were ever going to be when we signed them, and most of them gradually declined until we released them on frees.

This lot feel like they're on their way up and all might be capable of more and better. That's more exciting.

The short period around Dec/Jan under PdC in Div 3 a couple of years, was perhaps when we had the strongest squad, with the likes of Hollands and Chris Martin...when we were stuffing sides for fun at the CG by in some cases 4's and 5's.....was perhaps when we looked most likely to go the Championship....but we all know what happened.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:27:32 »

The short period around Dec/Jan under PdC in Div 3 a couple of years, was perhaps when we had the strongest squad, with the likes of Hollands and Chris Martin...when we were stuffing sides for fun at the CG by in some cases 4's and 5's.....was perhaps when we looked most likely to go the Championship....but we all know what happened.

Quite. But the squad still felt like it was mainly made up of players to get us out of L1, and that we'd need to build another one for the Championship. I look at the current lot and it feels like there might be a core that could cut it in the league above, and a number of others who might continue to progress enough to make it as well.

..never go back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 19:32:17 »

Quite. But the squad still felt like it was mainly made up of players to get us out of L1, and that we'd need to build another one for the Championship. I look at the current lot and it feels like there might be a core that could cut it in the league above, and a number of others who might continue to progress enough to make it as well.

True, but I'm sure PdC had been given a remit of get us up to the Championship, and we'll see what happens then.  It would be great if this current crop could do something, but given their youth etc, I don't think too many think it likely.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 20:21:11 »

Spot on Reg.
Walking out of the 1-1 away draw against Bournemouth I have never felt so confident of promotion.
Beating Tranmere and Pompey 5-0 and Carlisle 4-0.
When we beat Shrewsbury 2-0 after clearing the pitch from snow I was disappointed not scoring 4 or 5.
We were on fire and nothing could stop us.
......enter the car crash Sad
Still pissed off from that time. The best chance for years to get out of this division.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Friday, September 5, 2014, 20:43:33 »

Spot on Reg.
Walking out of the 1-1 away draw against Bournemouth I have never felt so confident of promotion.
Beating Tranmere and Pompey 5-0 and Carlisle 4-0.
When we beat Shrewsbury 2-0 after clearing the pitch from snow I was disappointed not scoring 4 or 5.
We were on fire and nothing could stop us.
......enter the car crash Sad
Still pissed off from that time. The best chance for years to get out of this division.

It's kind of what happens to us though isn't it, just when things look to be going well something throws a spanner in the works, which is why these days I just look for the small victories, and enjoy them.

Back in the dark days of the early 80's when we were struggling to get out of Div 4 playing in front of 2/3000, I was convinced that we'd end up in the top flight, because I'd seen the good years of the 60's and very early 70's, and knew how good we could be as a club. That faith proved well founded, though short lived
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: