Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611503 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #810 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 20:40:43 »

I'd like to see him given a run of 5-6 games to see what he's made of. I think there's a decent player there. A lot of our fans have written him off, I hope they are wrong.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 00:23:03 »

Am I the only one who thinks that Storey isn't actually that good?

Apparently not. There seem to be quite a few who don't rate him. I think he's got a good chance to do well for us. Against Coventry he looked a man not a boy. I'd like to see him given a good run in the side.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 01:23:19 »

Am I the only one who thinks that Storey isn't actually that good?
No, but I think he can be a very good player, given the chance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 08:25:50 »

I'd just like to see him given a fair crack of the whip,  rather than half a game here and there.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 14:23:24 »

He needs to play alongside a centre forward to be effective.

The problem is, like a lot of team today we like to play with one up front & five in midfield from the start of games. Only going to two upfront if you are chasing a game.

So the question is, do you change the system to accommodate a young player to see if he has what it takes?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 14:29:00 »

Smith and storey at home worth a go?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 14:32:55 »

Smith and storey at home worth a go?

I would be happy for us to play with two up front, but that's not how the manager/owner want us to play.

It may leave us a bit more exposed having a man less in midfield (especially with the non tackling Harley), but maybe if the back four from yesterday can make us a bit more solid at the back we will think it's worth the gamble. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 14:35:32 »

I would be happy for us to play with two up front, but that's not how the manager/owner want us to play.

It may leave us a bit more exposed having a man less in midfield (especially with the non tackling Harley), but maybe if the back four from yesterday can make us a bit more solid at the back we will think it's worth the gamble. 

Agreed. However it was quite frustrating yesterday when we would pass the ball about and 20 passes later city would have a goal kick whereas they would have 3 good passes and get a corner, seemed counter productive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #818 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 15:08:47 »

Agreed. However it was quite frustrating yesterday when we would pass the ball about and 20 passes later city would have a goal kick whereas they would have 3 good passes and get a corner, seemed counter productive.
Pass for product not for vanity.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 15:12:19 »

It helps having pace up front, when we hit a long pass the ball is quickly lost and just comes straight back.

The problem with our passing is that it is just too slow, meaning the opposition have time to adjust to it & so we end up going nowhere. A lot of this is related to the fact that we don't have enough movement from most of our forward players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 18:14:49 »

It helps having pace up front, when we hit a long pass the ball is quickly lost and just comes straight back.

The problem with our passing is that it is just too slow, meaning the opposition have time to adjust to it & so we end up going nowhere. A lot of this is related to the fact that we don't have enough movement from most of   our forward player   s  .

Corrected for you.

The confused Shrewsbury/Wolves fan from work that came to the Wolves game said exactly the same thing about our central midfield - too slow/methodical in the pass and nearly always playing it down the middle, meaning an organised team like Wolves could easily regroup and get the ball back
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 17:05:44 »

Anyone know if Williams is definitely out of contract at the end of the season or if he's got another year to run? I'm sure somebody on here mentioned that Cooper said he has another year to run during the fans phone in but the Adver had him down as one of the out of contract players on their list sometime last week.
   Also what's the latest with Tijane? Doesn't seem to have been named amongst the subs for the last few games!! I'm guessing that's down to a relapse of his injury.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 17:15:19 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18490029

Beeb had him down as being on a 2 year deal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #823 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 18:23:45 »

Anyone know if Williams is definitely out of contract at the end of the season or if he's got another year to run? I'm sure somebody on here mentioned that Cooper said he has another year to run during the fans phone in but the Adver had him down as one of the out of contract players on their list sometime last week.
Power stated before the game a couple of weeks ago that Williams is one of the big earners at the club and is out of contract at the end of the season.

The same time as he said the club are trying to extend Troys contract here, he said that (Troy playing that day) will put to rest the doubt about us wanting to pay Exeter any more money in transfer/appearance fees......if you are on of the fans that believes what our esteemed leader says to the press, if you are not one of those fans then Williams probably has another year left on his contract and Troy won't play any more games because we cannot afford the extra £20k appearance fee......

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 18:29:25 »

Power stated before the game a couple of weeks ago that Williams is one of the big earners at the club and is out of contract at the end of the season.

The same time as he said the club are trying to extend Troys contract here, he said that (Troy playing that day) will put to rest the doubt about us wanting to pay Exeter any more money in transfer/appearance fees......if you are on of the fans that believes what our esteemed leader says to the press, if you are not one of those fans then Williams probably has another year left on his contract and Troy won't play any more games because we cannot afford the extra £20k appearance fee......
There's potentially another 60k going Exeter's way in terms of appearance money if Troy reaches the 60 game mark! Personally I'd be doing everything we can to hold onto him as I think he's got the ability to be a top player for us. However it all comes down to his long term fitness as the knee is obviously still proving to be a major problem given that he can't do 2 games in a week. I always thought Williams was out of contract come the seasons end and if that is the case then he's as good as gone imo. 

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: