Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611867 times)
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:37:36 »

More excited about next season than I was last. Probably because we all expected and demanded a good season, the thought/fantasy of overachieving is more exciting than inevitable success.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:49:24 »

A team of experienced pros got us relegated in 2010/2011

And a team of experienced pros nearly got us into the championship twice.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #602 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:52:52 »

More excited about next season than I was last. Probably because we all expected and demanded a good season, the thought/fantasy of overachieving is more exciting than inevitable success.
I'm the opposite. last season I thought we had a good chance of getting into the Championship. This season i'm expecting a long hard slog.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 20:53:08 »

I suggest maybe you try and get a refund on your season ticket then.The club are going down the young player route,not everyones cup of tea but one maybe the fans have to get used to

It could be good, we'll see. Some premiere league youngsters we've had on loan have between good, most haven't. That's all I have to base things on.

It comes down to kmac in getting the  right ones. Right now we still have a good deal of experienced players so I'm not concerned yet.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:04:17 »

I'm the opposite. last season I thought we had a good chance of getting into the Championship. This season i'm expecting a long hard slog.

I can see why. It's just the thought of achieving against the odds is quite appealing, a slap in face to the doom shadow which has followed the club for the past 6 months or so.
DRS

« Reply #605 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:06:58 »

Why make a pathetic dig like that?  Ffs I've barely posted on here in recent weeks and as soon as I do I get pounced on even though there are plenty of others who've made similar comments.

I don't have a problem with young players, but didn't think Byrne or Luongo were that good.  My personal opinion that differs from other peoples and may well be wrong.

At the moment I feel extremely indifferent and unexcited about next season, which isn't a particularly nice feeling to have.  Normally I can't wait.  However, I'm sure that when we start to see a few incoming players and as the first game approaches, I'll start to feel excited.
Wow.Wasnt even a dig,dont quite know why you thought it was to be honest.No offence meant
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:09:28 »

Menopausal.....

(Now that's a dig!)

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:14:03 »

And a team of experienced pros nearly got us into the championship twice.
Twice?

I don't think that it's as clear cut as requiring senior pros, there are far too many factors involved. We've become too accustomed operating beyond our means and for me this is a return to the norm.

We've always been skint and always sold our best players at inopportune moments.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:18:55 »

We've always been skint and always sold our best players at inopportune moments.

and often-times at a price so low it brings a tear to your eye.  The Flint fee was reasonably impressive so that's something positive to take from this summer.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:23:00 »

Twice?

Yes last season and the Millwall final.

I take your point about always being skint being normal. I just hope we don't mostly rely on youth. A 2.4m budget should  mean we don't. And signing wes will be a good sign.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:44:16 »

Wow.Wasnt even a dig,dont quite know why you thought it was to be honest.No offence meant

Sorry.  I've had a crappy week and Herthab has hit the nail on the head

Menopausal.....

(Now that's a dig!)
Smiley
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 21:52:14 »

No it hasn't, when Jed announced the Byrne deal (which has still not been confirmed!) he did say they would like to try to sign him but thought he would go to a championship side.

I have it from a usually very reliable source that Nathan Byrne has been advised that a contract with Barnsley is the preferred option.
Of more interest is the strong suggestion that ownership of the club will change hands before the start of the coming season. I cannot guarantee it....nothing is 100%. But watch this space. Up yours Chang!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:02:25 »

Of more interest is the strong suggestion that ownership of the club will change hands before the start of the coming season. I cannot guarantee it....nothing is 100%. But watch this space.

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world, would it.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:16:19 »

I have it from a usually very reliable source that Nathan Byrne has been advised that a contract with Barnsley is the preferred option.
I said Banbury, not Barnsley.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 22:23:35 »

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world, would it.

I don't know what to make of it Ardiles, with all the comings and goings. I've been told that our new owner(s) has already been linked to the club....Crouch perhaps?
More importantly, has the pre-determined budget of £2.4m been determined by Jed using his own judgment or have our (prospective) new owners been pulling the strings all along. It seems confusing that Jed was a self-professed front man, yet retains 100% ownership of the club.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: