Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612278 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 16:49:21 »

Just a verbal agreement from Wes so far.

SOMEBODY GIVE THE MAN A PEN
this worries me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 16:53:29 »

Oh bugger, though it was signed, sealed, delivered.

Ah well, we'll see if reality matches the Jedality soon enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 16:53:41 »

Here is what I don`t get... we released loads of players during the last campaign so how can the wage bill need much further trimming. Surely rooney, benson and caddis will get us down to way under 2mn? Cant believe anyone we sign will be on a wedge so why do we need to trim further? Maybe jed is going to play a blinder and surprise us all or maybe he is a clueless clown. We will know in a week or two...chang already knows who is signing I reckon!

Taking into account the fact that despite what people on here claim to know...

We all know fuck all about the budget, what it is, how much of it is currently taken and what players actually fucking earn.

As for Wes, great he's looking to commit but it's not unheard of for a player to sign a new contract just to be sold off anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 16:55:58 »

As for Wes, great he's looking to commit but it's not unheard of for a player to sign a new contract just to be sold off anyway.

I don't think so. Though we did exactly that with Mildy.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:06:05 »

Here is what I don`t get... we released loads of players during the last campaign so how can the wage bill need much further trimming. Surely rooney, benson and caddis will get us down to way under 2mn? Cant believe anyone we sign will be on a wedge so why do we need to trim further? Maybe jed is going to play a blinder and surprise us all or maybe he is a clueless clown. We will know in a week or two...chang already knows who is signing I reckon!

A clueless clown? I hope you don't think that. I think the man will be the savior. I think some people just need to show an ounce of patience, Jed will ensure we have a competitive squad and that we sign the players the manager wants... Jeez.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:07:42 by Boy About Town » Logged

Now, ain't that just like me?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:09:11 »

I don't think so. Though we did exactly that with Mildy.

We did and that was only a matter of days wasn't it?
I think Austin signed a one year extension in November and was sold in January.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:18:30 »

If our chairman went on a social network to announce that one of our most important players has agreed to sign a new deal only for the club to sell him shortly afterwards then I might consider joining one of those angry 'camps' mentioned in the other thread!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:26:07 »

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy 33s
Wes agreed new contract ..Wink.

Did not see that coming. Nice one Jed.

They've been in talks since the end of the season

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:28:04 »

@wes_foderingham: Pleased to have agreed a new 2 year deal  @Official_STFC hopefully put pen to paper on Monday! Exciting things ahead and happy to be a part!
kaufman

« Reply #579 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:31:19 »

Good riddance to the jug eared clown. One of the most overrated players to wear the shirt.

His 2 performances against Brentford in the PO's were nothing short of despicable.

His back pass was a mistake but he put in some great corners that game including 2 in the last seconds of the match.

He's just getting on and can't perform to the same levels, that's why Huddersfield got rid.

He won't be missed because i think we're going to see a new look team that will surprise some of us....(giraffe neck sticking out here)
Good business from the club i think here and If Wes and Nathan are putting pen to paper then all can't be bad.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:36:10 by kaufman » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:48:10 »

Its just me isn't it, not sure I'm that excited by Luongo and Byrne. Don't get me wrong,  Luongo I think could be a hell of a player one day.

To me Byrne had a couple of good games, nothing more.

I'd hope and expect to see experience alongside Luongogogogogogogogo if he comes. I'd be more comfortable seeing some names linked in the adver that aren't Spurs/Premier League kids rejects.

No Batch it's not just you.  I would be extremely unexcited if we were to sign either or both of them tbh.  I'd like to think we could attract better players who have a reasonable level of experience.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:57:21 »

Just to clarify, I think they could both be good signings. I just wouldn't want them to be our main signings. I think its too risky given their age and inexperience.
DRS

« Reply #582 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 17:59:02 »

No Batch it's not just you.  I would be extremely unexcited if we were to sign either or both of them tbh.  I'd like to think we could attract better players who have a reasonable level of experience.
I suggest maybe you try and get a refund on your season ticket then.The club are going down the young player route,not everyones cup of tea but one maybe the fans have to get used to
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:01:04 »

I dont know what people expect. Ronaldo, Messi?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Friday, June 21, 2013, 18:07:03 »

Young, hungry players aligned with a manager whose status in the game has largely been made by bringing through the youth, sounds pretty exciting to me.
Obviously we need experience too, but I'd rather 80% young players than 80% old pros that have been round the block a few times.
Anyway, that's the way the club's going, whether people like it or not.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: