Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617961 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 06:27:08 »

Let's face it. if Di Canio thought Kennedy was good enough we wouldn't have had Ridehalgh and McEveley here in the first place.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 06:28:02 »

You're right, but I simply refuse to face it Smiley
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 07:18:59 »

Ooh a parting shot at the manager.

To be fair though, he has a point

who gives a fuck what phil smith says/thinks about di canio? he's a conference standard keeper at best who has managed to string out a few years at a half-decent league club despite a number of shaky performances

i'm sure he's a nice bloke but this loyal servant stuff is ridiculous - he's only been loyal because he's been hanging on to playing at a club like swindon by the skin of his teeth
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 07:24:51 »

Erm where have i said loyal servant etc.

All i said was he made a parting shot.

Get out the wrong side of bed this morning or are you on your period?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 07:28:35 »

After six years of service I think it's not crazy to suggest that he was loyal.

He was also inconsistent and, yes, some Twitter comments (from grown men) can make you cringe.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:15:14 »

Erm where have i said loyal servant etc.

All i said was he made a parting shot.

Get out the wrong side of bed this morning or are you on your period?

i was writing about your comment plus others about his 'loyalty'

just seems odd to be so affectionate about a second rate goal-keeper when people are quick to slag off players like austin and douglas, who were actually good for us
Barry Scott

« Reply #201 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:22:40 »

just seems odd to be so affectionate about a second rate goal-keeper when people are quick to slag off players like austin and douglas, who were actually good for us

It's what I find quite weird. He got so much shit for being a "shit keeper" yet now he's leaving there's a huge outpouring of grief. It's almost as pathetic as when Kate Cady got kicked out.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:23:59 »

I dont think anyone slagged them off for their playing ability, more there ability to jump ship at the first opportunity.

If, for example, Smithy signed for Yeovil, would he get the same shit as Douglas when he returns to the CG, i dont think so, and this is why people are wishing him good luck for the future. It got a bit Diana-Esque on Twitter yesterday, but you can put alot of that down to kids getting home from school.
Flashheart

« Reply #203 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:25:58 »

I said good luck to Phil and fuck-off to Douglas

So there

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:34:40 »

Smith was very much like Nicky Hammond as has been discussed on here previously. Not surprised he is now surplus nor that he wasn't even spoken to by Di canio. He was and is an able deputy-lower league keeper but where we are hopefully heading is not his level. Nice that fans appreciate his loyalty but he'll soon be forgotten.
Think his departure could have been dealt with better but Di canio is who he is and wont change. We move on
Barry Scott

« Reply #205 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:37:36 »

Smith was very much like Nicky Hammond as has been discussed on here previously. Not surprised he is now surplus nor that he wasn't even spoken to by Di canio. He was and is an able deputy-lower league keeper but where we are hopefully heading is not his level. Nice that fans appreciate his loyalty but he'll soon be forgotten.
Think his departure could have been dealt with better but Di canio is who he is and wont change. We move on

Well said.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #206 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 08:40:05 »

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 09:00:55 »

Agreed, as long as David James doesn't take the #2 keeper spot Wink
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 09:49:34 »

Official list now released.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2774417,00.html
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 09:55:40 »

Very suprised Esajas has been retained, the fat cunt