Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611711 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:20:45 »

Let all the out of contract players go except Bodin.

Add Mcevely and Bostock (and maybe Holmes) and then we are just looking to add a goalscorer to go alongside Benson - but we all know that the goalscorer bit is always the hardest.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:25:32 »

If bostock stays on another season, do you think we'll change the system slightly for him? so he can play behind the main striker? thats the only place hi see him playing to be fair
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:31:16 »

If bostock stays on another season, do you think we'll change the system slightly for him? so he can play behind the main striker? thats the only place hi see him playing to be fair

He managed to get himself in some good positions in the box on saturday, he was just let down by his finishing a bit. With the quality of some of his passing if he could become a bit more clinical don't see why he couldn't be a decent number 10 at league 1 level.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 10:40:27 »

Have been impressed with McEveley on the few occasions I have seen him. Hope he signs, looks like he'll be a classy addition.

Bostock was very impressive on Saturday and a season long loan for him would be a good piece of business.

I'd bin Risser as well. Everytime I have seen him play he has been poor. I thought Smith was much better in the time he was on the field than Risser.

It is certainly going to be interesting though!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:11:19 »

I feel sorry for Risser.

He's the guy that gets groans from some fans every time he does something but when other more popular players do the same things, they get no form of abuse.

I think there's a place for Risser but it's probably not as a regular.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:14:17 »

I feel sorry for Risser.

He's the guy that gets groans from some fans every time he does something but when other more popular players do the same things, they get no form of abuse.

I think there's a place for Risser but it's probably not as a regular.

There was a game where Risser was forced to play centreback, I can't remember agaisnt who, but he played very well got man of the match in the end, if he built on that performance at centreback he could be a decent back-up.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:15:31 »

I don't feel sorry for Risser, and I don't think the groans are any louder if he misplaces a pass than if Ferry misplaces a pass - just that it happens more often.

Sometimes 100% effort is let down by a lack of talent.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:15:47 »

There was a game where Risser was forced to play centreback, I can't remember agaisnt who, but he played very well got man of the match in the end, if he built on that performance at centreback he could be a decent back-up.

His centre back role was certainly improving... then he scored that own goal and that was that.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:15:50 »

get rid of Foderingham & bring in David James

I come from a land down-under
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:48:29 »

Lets not forget Marlon Packs imminent arrival Grin
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:50:34 »

What's with the whole Marlon Pack thing?

Is it because he's good?
Is it because he's Ritchie's chum?
Is it because we're actually interested in him?
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 11:56:22 »

In a nutshell?! All of them!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:01:34 »

Ok, so we have a few fringe players that if we recieved approaches then perhaps we would listen, I'd also let the out of contract players other than Smith leave as I think he can be decent cover for Wes.

I cannot help though thinking that we will end up having to sell one of our better players to ensure we keep the rest of them, I know what Wray has said about not selling but if we have provided PDC with quite a bit of money this season and he is going to want more for next season the money has to come from somewhere and once we have sold one player for e.g. £2m then we can say nobody else is for sale regardless of offer as we dont need the money.

Our priority has to be though to do our best to keep, Wes, Caddis, Ferry and hopefully Ritchie,and then probably Flint & McCormack and Devera our defence has been solid this season and should be good enough for L1
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:07:22 »

the money has to come from somewhere

Somewhere like our board's very deep pockets, perhaps?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:15:18 »

Be gutted to see Storey go....he tore Crawley a new Arse that night.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: