Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1609108 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:17:19 »

Be gutted to see Storey go....he tore Crawley a new Arse that night.

Why would that happen when he's just signed a contract?
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 12:49:23 »

Spot on, also cancelling players contracts before they end will cost us vast amounts as we will have to pay them up in full unless they accept a mutual cancellation which with greedy footballers hardly ever happens.

So if we cancel easyjets contract and he has signed on £3,000 per week and has a year left on his contract then we will have to pay £150,000 in compensation. Obviously not all players will be on such high wages but you can bet that Risser, Easyjet, Magera, Kerrouche, Gabilondo and Smith would be on good wages. Add that up between the 13 or 14 players that (for example) Give us an S has suggested then it will be in the millions of pounds level.

I didnt say to cancel all their contracts, that would be ridiculous. But attempt to sell the players. I would hope most footballers would still choose first team football over money so if we can find clubs for at least some of these players then its better than them wasting a season of their career and clogging up our wage bill. They simply aren't good enough to be in a league one side, especially because our ambition will be a top 6 finish.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:00:43 »

I would hope most footballers would still choose first team football over money

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's the case.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:46:08 »

Have the club indicated that negotiations could start regarding contract extensions for the players with one year left? 
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:52:48 »

I think PDC will want to get rid of a lot of players over the summer especially after the antics from the weekend before.

We haven't played superbly for a while, but have grinded out results.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:58:25 »

Yeah, we ground out a gritty 5-0 win on Saturday.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 13:59:10 »

Apart from Sat you fool...you know what I mean.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:18:31 »

A side question: I read somewhere that the Football League were going back to seven subs next season... Is this true?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:22:51 »

Apparently

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:37:14 »

Apart from Sat you fool...you know what I mean.

Hehe, I knew what you meant Wink

I tend to agree, but with injuries (Ritchie, Caddis, Benson) over the past few weeks and with the whole Paolo dropping the players for a night out debacle, the first XI has not been at it's strongest.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 14:54:08 »

Have the club indicated that negotiations could start regarding contract extensions for the players with one year left? 

Leave that to DV won't you ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 15:50:11 »

Will be interesting to see what happens with Bostock. I'm sure PDC wants him (tried to get him on loan earlier in the season) and he fills the attacking midfielder role which we have been missing and adds another option (and PDC loves options).

Difficult to read how Tottenham will play it though. All of his previous loan spells have been disasters due to his attitude, yet he seems to have possibly turned that corner now with us. He only has a year left on his contract with them and all he really has is the great potential tag from a few years back having never really delivered.

Got to be a good chance of a season long loan (with Tottenham giving him a year or two extension first) but I wouldn't rule out a permanent signing either as it's possible Tottenham have run out of patience and will cut him loose.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 15:51:15 »

To answer your question, no I haven't seem much of Bedwell, that's why I assumed he had no future.

Now if you don't want to contribute to the thread and come up with your list, why come on to this thread?

Oh, it is so you can critisise other people's comments.  Yeah Right

Fuck me, someone's hormonal. Time of the month?

It's All Good..............
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 16:42:43 »

Difficult to read how Tottenham will play it though. All of his previous loan spells have been disasters due to his attitude

I keep thinking he must have been at the very least slightly hard done by being given this tag. His attitude has been first class since he's been here and as far as we know just kept his head down without being in the team straight away.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 16:51:58 »

Will be interesting to see what happens with Bostock. I'm sure PDC wants him (tried to get him on loan earlier in the season) and he fills the attacking midfielder role which we have been missing and adds another option (and PDC loves options).

Difficult to read how Tottenham will play it though. All of his previous loan spells have been disasters due to his attitude, yet he seems to have possibly turned that corner now with us. He only has a year left on his contract with them and all he really has is the great potential tag from a few years back having never really delivered.

Got to be a good chance of a season long loan (with Tottenham giving him a year or two extension first) but I wouldn't rule out a permanent signing either as it's possible Tottenham have run out of patience and will cut him loose.

Well Harry not getting the England job must help us in this instance.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: