Pages: 1 ... 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1618165 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4650 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:06:43 »

If we could only choose 1 from Doyle, Yates and Grant, I bet a penny to a pound of pig shit the vast majority would pick Grant.
Flashheart

« Reply #4651 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:07:32 »

If we could only choose 1 from Doyle, Yates and Grant, I bet a penny to a pound of pig shit the vast majority would pick Grant.

It's a no brainer for me. Grant all the way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4652 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:21:43 »

It's a no brainer for me. Grant all the way.
This.

A bit disappointed by LMc leaving, he was a solid back up, but understandable.

A bit meh about Iandolo, occassionally shows what he has in his locker but I don't think hes ready for L1 yet, is one of the most inconsistant players and looks far better going forwards than defending, Rose is a very solid dependable pro and pleased he is expected to sign.

Woolery, Fryers and Isgrove be good if they sign but no biggie if they chose to leave, all good squad members though and their departure would disappoint me but the loss of Grant would be the only one I would be upset about if he didn't sign for us for at least another season.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:23:21 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4653 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:24:42 »

I though they took up an option on Fryers anyway, these talks are just about extending that. Wellens said this in one of first interviews at the end of the season
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4654 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:43:19 »

This.

A bit meh about Iandolo, occassionally shows what he has in his locker but I don't think hes ready for L1 yet, is one of the most inconsistant players and looks far better going forwards than defending, Rose is a very solid dependable pro and pleased he is expected to sign.

Woolery, Fryers and Isgrove be good if they sign but no biggie if they chose to leave, all good squad members though and their departure would disappoint me but the loss of Grant would be the only one I would be upset about if he didn't sign for us for at least another season.
I thought McCormick looked past it this session and especially awkward playing Wellens style of football as his kicking is poor and he’s woeful with the ball at his feet. He’s an old style keeper and not what we need anymore, just looking back to last pre season all the keepers we were looking at were all about distribution and luckily we got Benda.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4655 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 13:47:14 »

Tbf, a fair few of Benda’s clearances weren’t always the best.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4656 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:01:20 »

Tbf, a fair few of Benda’s clearances weren’t always the best.
But that was because Benda was always trying to find a man, he could pump it down the middle all day long if he wanted and his kicking into the wind was the best I’ve ever seen from a Town keeper. McCormick on the other hand purely pumped it long and any awkward back pass or bouncing ball usually resulted in panic and a mis-kick.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4657 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:02:46 »

Assume he has received another better wage offer or one where he has more chance of playing, he's 36 so probably last contract for him?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4658 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:05:47 »

his kicking into the wind was the best I’ve ever seen from a Town keeper.

Admittedly I only saw him at Carlisle where he (and I suspect many others had stinkers) but on that day his kicking into the wind was OK, his kicking with the wind was woeful (seemed to completely miss the lessons of the first half)!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4659 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:09:54 »

LMc could have a gig lined-up closer to home.

Plymouth, Exeter, Torquay and Yeovil could all need a new goalkeeper (if he's still based down that way)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4660 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:15:41 »

I'm confused. Are you offering to stump up the penny or the pound of pig-shit? Either way, it's not a very attractive wager.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4661 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:17:46 »

Admittedly I only saw him at Carlisle where he (and I suspect many others had stinkers) but on that day his kicking into the wind was OK, his kicking with the wind was woeful (seemed to completely miss the lessons of the first half)!
At the Stratton bank end this season every opposition keeper in the wind was struggling to get anywhere near the halfway line, where as Benda was able to clear it and then some every time. I’d imagine with his ability he was told to try and pick out specific targets not just % plays.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4662 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:23:51 »

Plymouth, Exeter, Torquay and Yeovil could all need a new goalkeeper (if he's still based down that way)
Judging by all the play off games I witnessed in L1 and L2 every club needs a new goalkeeper, he is a better keeper than every one on show out of the 8 teams involved.

Judging by the reception he got at Exeter thats one you can easily cross off that list, Yeovil have the very experienced Stuart Nelson on contract for another season so unlikely to be them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4663 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 02:34:07 »

Or possibly West Midlands way if going back to his true roots of Coventry. Not signing for them though but Walsall could be an option. See Maik Taylor is GK Coach there so maybe half an eye on retirement too. Plymouth seems off the cards unless it is purely a coaching role.

At Walsall he would be No.2/back up to Roberts; though this is pure speculation on my part.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4664 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 13:13:38 »

BBC Talk of the Town

Woolery/agent isn't answering the phone. That might be dead.

Rose needs to call RW as his agent told a few 'porky pies' in the Yates deal (same agent)

Yates wanted the Blackpool move throughout. (Seems like Town wasted a bit of time on that)

Grant phoned RW to clear the Manchester thing (obvious dig at Keshi)

Grant wants to stay, hoping it'll be done before Thursday

McCormick to Plymouth

Isgrove closer to deal

Fryers agreed (Wednesday done hopefully)

Hoping for one signing before the weeks out either a loan or a perm (same player)

3 or 4 trialists on Monday (one gk)

Got close to signing a goalkeeper but the manager was sacked
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: