Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617310 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 20:55:35 »

Think that's a bit optimistic for all 3, their parent clubs may have different ideas. Plus we've only seen Admiral for 5/10 mins, must have impressed you!

not sure he touched the ball! nice just to have a striker on the bench, dont think he have ever subbed doyle if I remember.

I wonder if power is put off a bit by spending big on keepers. it would have to be very big to get benda. fodders superb for us but no fee, vigs we paid quite a bit for didnt we and then left for nothing. it's not that easy to come across a free good one but wellens and Jewell have proved it for this year at least it is possible
Panda Paws

« Reply #4321 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 22:09:48 »

not sure he touched the ball! nice just to have a striker on the bench, dont think he have ever subbed doyle if I remember.

I wonder if power is put off a bit by spending big on keepers. it would have to be very big to get benda. fodders superb for us but no fee, vigs we paid quite a bit for didnt we and then left for nothing. it's not that easy to come across a free good one but wellens and Jewell have proved it for this year at least it is possible

There are so many good keepers at u23 level because the opportunities are so few and far between. Is take another season long loan for someone , but we'll probably need To replace LMc this summer too.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:41:43 »

There are so many good keepers at u23 level because the opportunities are so few and far between. Is take another season long loan for someone , but we'll probably need To replace LMc this summer too.

I suspect Benda will step up next season into the Swansea squad probably a 2nd choice & DJ I reckon will maybe play a part for Norwich next season as they are likely back in the championship potentially as a squad player
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4323 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:48:08 »

I suspect Benda will step up next season into the Swansea squad probably a 2nd choice & DJ I reckon will maybe play a part for Norwich next season as they are likely back in the championship potentially as a squad player
I have a feeling benda and DJ will both return next year on season loans.

Swansea vying for a play off to the Prem and Norwich having parachute payments will invest heavily to get back up again.

Just a feeling I have, could be well wide of the mark though.

I also think if his loan works well that the Admiral will come in on a season long loan next season too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:49:50 »

I have a feeling benda and DJ will both return next year on season loans.

Swansea vying for a play off to the Prem and Norwich having parachute payments will invest heavily to get back up again.

Just a feeling I have, could be well wide of the mark though.

I also think if his loan works well that the Admiral will come in on a season long loan next season too.

You comment has legs, no pun intended. Certain players and you have mentioned three could well be part of next seasons div1 squad.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4325 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 15:55:46 »

You comment has legs, no pun intended. Certain players and you have mentioned three could well be part of next seasons div1 squad.
Swindon will be much more appealing to loaning clubs in the progress of their future stars if we are in L1 rather than L2, which we will be by then.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 16:20:49 »

Swindon will be much more appealing to loaning clubs in the progress of their future stars if we are in L1 rather than L2, which we will be by then.

This.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 02:11:10 »

Is the loan market still open? Chance a couple still could be heading out if so.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 08:33:35 »

Only to non league i think
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 08:45:55 »

Only to non league i think

Only likely candidates therefore are McGilp, Curran and Reid, none of whom would make the bench given current strength of the squad unless there is a succession of injuries.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 09:15:31 »

We are also back to being a footballing team that plays out from the back so that will make PL teams more interested in loaning players.

Anyway isn't it nice to not have to worry about the transfer window for the rest of the season!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4331 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 09:37:43 »

Is the loan market still open? Chance a couple still could be heading out if so.
As Tans says, loans to non league clubs are still allowed, as are signing of players out of contract until the end of March, so Donohue could still be an option if needed.

We are also back to being a footballing team that plays out from the back so that will make PL teams more interested in loaning players.

Anyway isn't it nice to not have to worry about the transfer window for the rest of the season!
Absolutely right.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 15:51:51 »

Only likely candidates therefore are McGilp, Curran and Reid, none of whom would make the bench given current strength of the squad unless there is a succession of injuries.

Isn't there a rule about a homegrown or something along those lines needing to be in the match day squad so not all youngsters will go out
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4333 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 15:59:03 »

Isn't there a rule about a homegrown or something along those lines needing to be in the match day squad so not all youngsters will go out
There is a rule but none of them qualify as club developed.

A Club Developed Player is one who has been registered with an EFL Club for a minimum of 12 months prior to the end of his Under 19 Season. From the start of the 2018/19 season, each EFL Club must include at least one Club Developed Player on a team sheet for each Sky Bet EFL Match (including Play Offs).

Twine, Henry, Romanski and Haynes would qualify.

Wellens seems to prefer to just pick 6 subs, which is allowed keeping the club developed place empty.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 16:03:46 »

There is a rule but none of them qualify as club developed.

Twine, Henry, Romanski and Haynes would qualify.

Wellens seems to prefer to just pick 6 subs, which is allowed keeping the club developed place empty.
That's not what the rule you quoted says though, it says "each EFL Club must include at least one Club Developed Player on a team sheet for each Sky Bet EFL Match". Doesn't say anything about how many subs you name, so it reads like that would apply whether we name 7 subs or none. I'm sure there's some other provision that does allow for this, but it seems to contradict the bit you quoted?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: