Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1621485 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #3855 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 14:12:19 »

To be clear, I made it known that my dislike of Flitcroft was not logically related to his win record - his team played awful football and I think I also stated it would get us play offs, but no better - that was the limit I saw to his approach.  If his team and Wellens' produce equal results, I'd watch the latter every day of the week.

It's not all roses yet - there are still Crawley games to watch.  The signs are good though

Same here. His performance in regard to points was not what you could call terrible. It was actually quite decent.

But fuck me was it dire to watch. Awful. I didn't bother watching most matches. The worst that I can remember... by some distance. I hated the cunt for that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:29:47 »

To be clear, I made it known that my dislike of Flitcroft was not logically related to his win record - his team played awful football and I think I also stated it would get us play offs, but no better - that was the limit I saw to his approach.  If his team and Wellens' produce equal results, I'd watch the latter every day of the week.

It's not all roses yet - there are still Crawley games to watch.  The signs are good though

As far as I'm concerned results are the stick by which you judge.... last season under Flitcroft there was some right dross, but also on occasions something decent... pretty much what we've got with Wellens.

It's kind of what happens in Div 4, as most players end up there as they can't produce on a regular basis.

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:42:35 »

Same here. His performance in regard to points was not what you could call terrible. It was actually quite decent.

But fuck me was it dire to watch. Awful. I didn't bother watching most matches. The worst that I can remember... by some distance. I hated the cunt for that.

Yep, and the self-righteous arrogance and double standards. For instance, lamenting recently in the media about the absence of loyalty in the modern world, despite the fact that he saw fit to fuck off for a few extra quid within the early stages of his contract a matter of months ago.

Of course, none of us would expect or wish for a club full of angels. But if there's a wanker in charge, who will produce despicable behaviour and despicable football... but we are going to be content with that on the basis that he might generate a  slightly better points ratio in the short term than a leader who is better for the club on so many levels... we might as well all give up and watch the Prem.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3858 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:52:06 »

As far as I'm concerned results are the stick by which you judge.... last season under Flitcroft there was some right dross, but also on occasions something decent... pretty much what we've got with Wellens.
I do think you are doing Wellens a massive injustice, we saw more decent football in Wellens first 3 matches than in a whole season under Flipflop.

Yes he may have got results but the football was utterly shocking, I think you could be alone in supporting him with this one, I for one think it was THE worst football I have watched Town play in my 45 years of watching us.

That includes the awful season under Beamish when we were appalling. Despite maybe getting a few results along the way the football was Div 4 at its worst.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3859 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:54:15 »

last season under Flitcroft there was some right dross, but also on occasions something decent
Name one. I must have missed those "decent" occasions, we played awful football every time I watched us under Flitcroft. Occasionally it was effective, but it was universally terrible to watch
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3860 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:55:54 »

Name one. I must have missed those "decent" occasions, we played awful football every time I watched us under Flitcroft. Occasionally it was effective, but it was universally terrible to watch
Spot on, occassionally effective but never entertaining.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3861 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:57:05 »

Yep, and the self-righteous arrogance and double standards. For instance, lamenting recently in the media about the absence of loyalty in the modern world, despite the fact that he saw fit to fuck off for a few extra quid within the early stages of his contract a matter of months ago.

Of course, none of us would expect or wish for a club full of angels. But if there's a wanker in charge, who will produce despicable behaviour and despicable football... but we are going to be content with that on the basis that he might generate a  slightly better points ratio in the short term than a leader who is better for the club on so many levels... we might as well all give up and watch the Prem.

Would you expect Wellens to hang about next season if say Salford went up and the class of 92 came calling.  Of course not (well unless you're really naive).  It's nothing new Danny Williams, who is rightly being remembered atm, left us in 69 for Sheff Weds, who at the time were top flight.... they got relegated.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3862 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 15:58:08 »

The second half at home to Luton was comically entertaining I suppose.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3863 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:00:31 »

Would you expect Wellens to hang about next season if say Salford went up and the class of 92 came calling.  Of course not (well unless you're really naive).  It's nothing new Danny Williams, who is rightly being remembered atm, left us in 69 for Sheff Weds, who at the time were top flight.... they got relegated.
As usual, you take one part of a post and twist it suit your agenda. Ferret's point, I believe, was that Flitcroft was bleating about there being no loyalty in football not long before he pissed off. I don't think Wellens has made any such statements has he?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3864 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:04:40 »

You're completely overlooking my point. Yes, I would expect Wellens to take a higher paid job. But I wouldn't then expect him to make comments along the following lines during the following months:

"Nobody's got any patience anymore. There's no respect for building or time. People just want things now."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46470158

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #3865 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:05:13 »

As usual, you take one part of a post and twist it suit your agenda. Ferret's point, I believe, was that Flitcroft was bleating about there being no loyalty in football not long before he pissed off. I don't think Wellens has made any such statements has he?

Spot on.
Flashheart

« Reply #3866 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:05:53 »

pretty much what we've got with Wellens.

Oh, fuck off.

This is why (one of many reasons) I have him blocked. Now I just need to work out how to get his rubbish blocked when people quote him as well.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3867 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:25:26 »

In much the same way as they say some people could start a fight in an empty room, Reg could find a negative in pretty much any situation.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3868 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:52:42 »

In much the same way as they say some people could start a fight in an empty room, Reg could find a negative in pretty much any situation.

If he fell into a bucket of tits he'd come out sucking his thumb on purpose is the analogy I think of.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3869 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 16:54:32 »

Luton away was good. Err FGR away was decentish. The rest I saw wasnt great.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: