Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1621938 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3825 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:52:20 »

Just to make you all feel old, he turns 30 this year.......
I thought similar last week when I saw ex Town loanee Jake Jervis now playing for Wimbledon is 27!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3826 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:02:30 »

I want to like twine and want him to succeed, but when you compare his performances with other youth teamers who have gone on to make the grade (jutkiewicz, the Thompson’s, bodin, even throw in Austin as well), he looks so far behind them in terms of development

He's not even 20 yet though Dave. Behind Lukas and Louis at his age maybe but Nathan hadn't got anywhere near the first team at 19 i don't think and Billy was shipped out for not being good enough (since proved to be wrong). There's plenty of room for development for Twine i think, especially as he fills out and gets stronger. Glad he's signed up and shows good intent from the club (and Wellens) IMHO.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3827 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:05:16 »

From the very little I have seen, I quite like Twine and think he has something about him. Yes he is slight in build, but he's not bad on the ball and I think shows some decent football intelligence.

Time will tell if he'll make it, but I think he has a decent chance over the next 2 years to kick on and become a first team regular.

Or he'll be like Miles Storey!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3828 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:30:30 »

He's not even 20 yet though Dave. Behind Lukas and Louis at his age maybe but Nathan hadn't got anywhere near the first team at 19 i don't think and Billy was shipped out for not being good enough (since proved to be wrong). There's plenty of room for development for Twine i think, especially as he fills out and gets stronger. Glad he's signed up and shows good intent from the club (and Wellens) IMHO.

I didn't realise that Bodin had done his ACL at Preston, having a pretty crappy time of it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3829 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:36:07 »

From the very little I have seen, I quite like Twine and think he has something about him. Yes he is slight in build, but he's not bad on the ball and I think shows some decent football intelligence.

Time will tell if he'll make it, but I think he has a decent chance over the next 2 years to kick on and become a first team regular.

Or he'll be like Miles Storey!

Miles scored a couple of weeks back for Partick, v Q o t S.   When he scored a few for us, briefly he looked like he might have something....sadly it was just an illusion.  As regards Scott Twine, good luck to the lad...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3830 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:37:33 »

I didn't realise that Bodin had done his ACL at Preston, having a pretty crappy time of it.
Yeah he did that pre season, he should be coming back to fitness around now.

He was released by Swindon under Di Canio because he wouldn't add bulk and work on his fitness as much as PdC wanted, seems to have done(mostly) ok for himself since TBF.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3831 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:54:33 »

Bodin was released because Di Canio didn’t like his dad, and I’ll never believe otherwise

I get the calls about giving twine time. He just reminds me of Andy Caton right now

Things get better but they never get good
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3832 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 14:56:07 »

Yeah he did that pre season, he should be coming back to fitness around now.

He was released by Swindon under Di Canio because he wouldn't add bulk and work on his fitness as much as PdC wanted, seems to have done(mostly) ok for himself since TBF.
I think there was a bit more to it than than PV, Paolo didn't want too know much about the youth team and who was in charge of them?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3833 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:08:19 »

Bodin was released because Di Canio didn’t like his dad, and I’ll never believe otherwise

I get the calls about giving twine time. He just reminds me of Andy Caton right now
100 percent
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3834 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:28:46 »

"Apparently Waterford is one of the preferred choices for loan player(s) to go to. I wonder whose influence that is?"

Re Twine.... when Ticker pointed this out earlier (above quote), he got some stick from some of the usual suspects, who felt he was just bashing Power, rather than pointing out a fact.

Does it matter?  Wellens brushed it off as he doesn't want Twine getting kicked around in the Conference or Conference S, but is RoI really any more or less physical? Idon't know
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3835 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 13:18:42 »

We do have players out on loan at other clubs too.

We know he'll be well looked after at Waterford and it will be easy to keep track of his progress. I have no problem with it at all.
Flashheart

« Reply #3836 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 13:26:24 »

Twine can't go on loan to an English club now anyway can he? The window is closed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3837 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 13:37:03 »

I think the window doesn't apply to loans to non league
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3838 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 13:37:50 »

I think the window doesn't apply to loans to non league
Indeed, only the top 4 divisions of England. The non league loan window doesnt finish until around March/April time.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3839 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 15:26:48 »

"Apparently Waterford is one of the preferred choices for loan player(s) to go to. I wonder whose influence that is?"

Re Twine.... when Ticker pointed this out earlier (above quote), he got some stick from some of the usual suspects, who felt he was just bashing Power, rather than pointing out a fact.

Does it matter?  Wellens brushed it off as he doesn't want Twine getting kicked around in the Conference or Conference S, but is RoI really any more or less physical? Idon't know

Twine is the only one to go to Waterord, the others to non league, so it's not "preferred".  I thought he explained the reasoning well.  He needs Pryce and Romanski in a battle to toughen them up because that is where they play.  He said Twine isn't a physical player so they wanted him in a more technical league, which he believes the Irish one to be.  I see no issue if it was a preferred option, provided it gets out of player what the manager needs.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: