Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1609186 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 22:09:26 »

It's easy when it's you.

What reason did you have to release Bedwell? Seen him play much?

I think the nucleus of our squad will remain but we definitely need to strengthen upfront and in centre midfield.
To answer your question, no I haven't seem much of Bedwell, that's why I assumed he had no future.

Now if you don't want to contribute to the thread and come up with your list, why come on to this thread?

Oh, it is so you can critisise other people's comments.  Yeah Right
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 22:58:52 »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bostock, McEverley and Holmes added to that list plus Jake Jervis.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 03:20:48 »

Jervis ?

No thanks.
Spud

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 04:00:12 »

Agree with Ralphy re: Jervis.

We need to be looking at someone who isn't getting a look in at a Championship Club who would be willing to drop a division!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 06:22:15 »

I didn't say I 'wanted' Jervis. I said I wouldn't be surprised. Think that PDC seemed to rate him, while he's been burned by 3 other big lumps in Tehoue, Clarke and Magera.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 07:18:18 »

OUT OF CONTRACT

Billy Bodin - LOAN OUT
Lander Gabilondo - OUT
Callum Kennedy - OUT
Abdul Said - OUT
Mark Scott - OUT
Phil Smith
Nathan Thompson - LOAN OUT

CONTRACTED

GOALKEEPERS

Leigh Bedwell - LOAN OUT
Wes Foderingham
Mattia Lanzano - OUT

Fodders to start with Smith as back up. I would then loan Bedwell out to get experience and see how he does.

DEFENDERS

Paul Caddis
Alessandro Cibocchi - OUT
Joe Devera
Aden Flint
Alan McCormack

I hope we sign McEverly with him and Caddis as the starting full backs. CB is interesting. Whilst McCormack has been probably player of the season, when he makes is runs through the middle he looks so dangerous, so would love to see him in CM. I also think he struggles when we play teams with 2 big strikers. But I would still be more than happy with him at CB, thats just a though. Flint and Devera are both good enough as well and our defensive record speaks for its self, so other than back up in these positions the defence is looking good.

MIDFIELDERS

Lee Cox - OUT
Raffa De Vita - OUT
Etiënne Esajas - OUT
Simon Ferry
Oliver Risser - OUT
Matt Ritchie
Luke Rooney
Jonathan Smith - OUT

Holmes hasn't impressed me except when he played for Oxford against us. I personally prefer Rooney on the left and Ritchie on the right. But I think Holmes could do a job as a back up winger, but needs to improve. De Vita has done a job, but he isn't good enough to be in a promotion pushing league one side. CM is the tough one for me. Ive already mentioned I would like to see McCormack play there, but perhaps the chance of having Bostock he should stay in defence. This man looks class and I really hope we at least get him on loan next season. Such a threat to have through the middle and he looks like he will score goals. Which is my one concern with Ferry. Whilst he is one of our best players, his lack of shooting ability worries me and if we were to get a big strong holding CM in would he be on the bench? I definately think we need a strong big CM in the holding role, Smith and Risser do nothing for me.

FORWARDS

Paul Benson
Alan Connell
Mehdi Kerrouche - OUT
Lukáš Magera - OUT
Miles Storey - LOAN OUT

This is the position which will define our season. Firstly I would loan out all the youngsters, especially Bodin and Storey. We dont want to throw out home grown talent so young, but they need to be out there getting games as neither are good enough to be in the team at the start of next season. We need to sign a strike partnership next season that will score 40+ goals, its as simple as that. If we had the Austin/Paynter partnership next year then we are looking at a top 6 finish. If we dont improve in this position we will be lower middle table. Connell has proven to be a good impact sub and Benson will start some games and come off the bench at times too.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:10:05 »

Lots of dead wood to shift in the summer in my opinion

Lanzano
Kennedy
Esajas
Risser
Thompson
Cox
Gabilondo
De Vita
P Smith
Cibocchi
Kerrouche
Bodin
Magera

We need a lot to challenge at the right end again.

Need a good back up for Fodds, preferably a young lad

Get McEvely would be excellent, struggle to see too many better LB's in league one. Need a proper CB with higher level experience as well and cover at full backs.

Midfield, if they take Holmes (not sure i would) they need one more winger (right footed) as a starter as not sure Holmes or Rooney will cut it. The CM needs a massive rethink. Big fan of Ferry but he gets bullied some games and doesnt score enough to be the creative player, fits well in the new 4-2-3-1 we are playing though. Need a new Douglass as J Smith will be back up. Getting Bostock on loan again would be brilliant as the one off the front player.

Forwards - they need 2 new players here. Benson will play some games but at 32/33 wont be a 20 goal man in league one. Connell is ok as back up but they need two top forwards to compete. Our best years have had Cox or Parkin or Austin or Mooney or Paynter, and we've got nothing close to that at the moment.

If the ambitions are to challenge for promotion its going to be another busy summer and i reckon we need 9/10 new players. Good thing is PDC likes a signing so its possible. Lets hope his good to bad signing ration picks up a little though and we get rid of some of the dross we currently have.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:17:24 »

Why do people keep saying Cox?

Was it not recently found he is injured and NOT out of favour?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:17:39 »

I really want Kerrouche to stay. Glad he was out there celebrating on Saturday.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:23:29 »

Exactly! and with the fee we paid for him, its not worth budging him out on the cheap when he clearly has good potential.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 08:49:25 »

Spot on, also cancelling players contracts before they end will cost us vast amounts as we will have to pay them up in full unless they accept a mutual cancellation which with greedy footballers hardly ever happens.

So if we cancel easyjets contract and he has signed on £3,000 per week and has a year left on his contract then we will have to pay £150,000 in compensation. Obviously not all players will be on such high wages but you can bet that Risser, Easyjet, Magera, Kerrouche, Gabilondo and Smith would be on good wages. Add that up between the 13 or 14 players that (for example) Give us an S has suggested then it will be in the millions of pounds level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:41:45 »

why J Smith i think hes done alright this season can always improve, dont see why we need to move him on, scored more than douglas thats something
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:49:12 »

I'm not fussed about Holmes to be honest, (Unless we lose Ritchie),there must be some development in Rooney once he's had a good preseason in him.

I think Cox should be an asset once healthy.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:52:18 »

I don't see what benefit there is to making huge changes to the squad. We have a good nucleus of players here and we saw at the start of this season the time it can take for a new team to gel. I don't really think we need to go through that again.

Genuine question: Did the likes of Swansea and Hull have a high turnover of players when they made their way up the leagues?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 09:59:01 »

I don't see what benefit there is to making huge changes to the squad. We have a good nucleus of players here and we saw at the start of this season the time it can take for a new team to gel. I don't really think we need to go through that again.

Genuine question: Did the likes of Swansea and Hull have a high turnover of players when they made their way up the leagues?

I'm pretty much of this opinion at the moment. Our performances against teams from higher leagues this season would indicate we're not a million miles from being competitive.

There are probably a couple of areas - CM and ST spring to mind - where the first XI could probably do with one or two stronger players but I don't think another summer with double digits of players in and out would be necessary or helpful.

People have commented throughout the season that the spirit and togetherness of the side marks it out from last year's group, why would you want to disrupt that too much?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: