Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1619925 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2835 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 18:28:15 »

Jordan Stewart had potential. He wasn't given enough game time. Played well when he was.

You reckon? I wasn't at QPR but every time I saw him he looked out of his depth.

It's been a nightmare of a transfer for all parties - homesickness and injuries... plus didn't get in bother for partying?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 18:31:30 by Costanza » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2836 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 18:32:34 »

I've no idea myself, for whatever reasons he didn't contribute so I wish him luck.

Boo and Barry, oh well.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2837 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 18:45:48 »

I think Barry going would suggest we have, maybe, Dabo lined up. Barry is a satisfactory squad RB in L2.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2838 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 18:49:03 »

You reckon? I wasn't at QPR but every time I saw him he looked out of his depth.

It's been a nightmare of a transfer for all parties - homesickness and injuries... plus didn't get in bother for partying?
Away at Millwall last season he came on for the last 15 mins and was our MoM.

Never actually started a game for Swindon though only played 10 times and all off the bench, probably never even got 90 mins in total during his whole Town career.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2839 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:19:32 »

Delighted that Barry has gone - a frankly appalling defender for League 1 level and we deserved to go down with him (and Boo) our first choice full back pairing at different points during the season.

Not surprised that Anton is sticking about, if nothing else he'll give us a threat at set pieces next season. Two further years is kind mind you, hopefully this is us keeping Brendan sweet in exchange for a couple of jocks on loan next season...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2840 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:24:32 »

Wheres it stated Rodgers is staying then?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2841 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:24:58 »

The worst display I saw in 15/16 and Stewart's sole contribution was a weak shot straight at the 'keeper. That shot being our only effort on goal summed up our efforts that day and Cooper was duly sacked. If only LW met a similar fate after similarly shocking displays this season!

The only other time I recall watching Stewart was earlier in the season when he was subbed on at the CG and was booked for running over the ball when the opposition had a free kick. He didn't look like a League 1 footballer and I think it is best for all concerned that he returns to play in Ireland.

No surprise that JSW has been moved on, in our position we simply haven't got the finances to take risks on players returning from injury. Im pleased to note the myth that it was Tom Pope that crocked him is still being repeated, when actually it was Zeli Ismail!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2842 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:25:13 »

Not surprised that Anton is sticking about,

Wait, what, I missed this. I assume its a joke?
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #2843 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:26:29 »

Never actually started a game for Swindon though only played 10 times and all off the bench, probably never even got 90 mins in total during his whole Town career.
His performance at Millwall was impressive. He played for 20 minutes or so, but gave us our only shot on target. He should have had game time from then on, and would have grown in confidence. His antics off the pitch may be due partly to being left idle without a focus.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #2844 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:26:54 »

Delighted that Barry has gone - a frankly appalling defender for League 1 level and we deserved to go down with him (and Boo) our first choice full back pairing at different points during the season.

Not surprised that Anton is sticking about, if nothing else he'll give us a threat at set pieces next season. Two further years is kind mind you, hopefully this is us keeping Brendan sweet in exchange for a couple of jocks on loan next season...
Where has that come from? You're obviously in the know.....
Hugh Kerrs

All hail to our dear leader

Ignore
« Reply #2845 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:29:51 »

The worst display I saw in 15/16 and Stewart's sole contribution was a weak shot straight at the 'keeper. That shot being our only effort on goal summed up our efforts that day and Cooper was duly sacked. If only LW met a similar fate after similarly shocking displays this season!

The only other time I recall watching Stewart was earlier in the season when he was subbed on at the CG and was booked for running over the ball when the opposition had a free kick. He didn't look like a League 1 footballer and I think it is best for all concerned that he returns to play in Ireland.

No surprise that JSW has been moved on, in our position we simply haven't got the finances to take risks on players returning from injury. Im pleased to note the myth that it was Tom Pope that crocked him is still being repeated, when actually it was Zeli Ismail!

I thought he did well at Millwall. Admittedly he struggled against the big bruisers in the Millwall defence, but he gave us more energy and directness in attack.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #2846 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:32:59 »

Shame Stewart never really able to build on a very good 30 minutes or so at QPR. Injury came at bad time for him and 10 or 20 minutes here and there never gave him real chance to settle into the team. Don't think Williams knew where to play him, and although clearly had some talent probably not the necessary fitness or height to make it as a pro. Sendles White deserves lots of sympathy too as before that injury he wasn't far away from a chance with the full N.Ireland squad.
Boo had some talent and when he had the confidence to take people on and cross first time offered a decent attacking threat from left wing back. Sadly all too often he preferred to check back or try and beat man too many times and end up losing the ball. Defensively weak and about the same inability to mark his man as Barry. Clearly mentally unsuited to knuckle down to the cause and can't see too many likely to be clamoring for his signature. Barnet maybe?
Slightly surprised Barry shown the exit door. Will finally put to bed the persistent but extremely unlikely rumour that Gareth Barry on his way as gaffer I guess. Did put in a few decent showings but equally some real shockers too.
If Rodgers gets any sort of offer that will make him the only person in the County happy to see Williams still in charge. His performance on Sunday alone should see him never again in a Town shirt.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2847 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:39:42 »

Shame about JSW, I thought he and Conroy could have formed a decent partnership. Hopefully we buck the trend and recruit some experience alongside Conroy.

If Barry or BOO find a league club then I'll be looking for a contract too.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2848 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 19:43:47 »

Shame about JSW, I thought he and Conroy could have formed a decent partnership. Hopefully we buck the trend and recruit some experience alongside Conroy.

If Barry or BOO find a league club then I'll be looking for a contract too.
If BOO finds any club other than a nightclub I'd be fucking staggered. A useless cunt of the highest order - possibly moreso than Thomas.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2849 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 20:10:01 »

Barry is a satisfactory squad RB in L2.

Faint praise. Very, very faint.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: