Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612219 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:11:38 »

What does everyone think about Iandolo?  Would you trigger the extension in his contract?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:17:52 »

Branco basically said in the pre match interview on Saturday he wasn't staying - then he sort of back peddled a bit when asked directly!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:33:39 »

What does everyone think about Iandolo?  Would you trigger the extension in his contract?

I would. Might be a bit lightweight for Div 4 but I'd give him a go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:39:20 »

Branco is crap, I'd be happy to see him leave

I come from a land down-under
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 17:43:24 »

I'm not his biggest fan but the last few games with Conroy I'd agree he has done really well.

Type of player we'd probably need in L2 as well...
This. If there's a change in style next season then RRB will be exactly the type of player we need in L2. If we stop trying to turn him into something that he isn't (a ball playing CB) & allow him to concentrate & develop on his strengths then he has the raw ingredients to be what we will need (a rough & ready CB who will stick his head on anything & put it into Row Z when we're in trouble). If we don't change the style though I'd be quite happy to see him go as it doesn't suit him & has hindered his development imo.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:38:29 »

I think he'd be worth another year...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 18:41:28 »

Branco off would be no major loss IMO hopefully we will go for Pierre at Wycombe again if he leaves.
He's been accused of headbutting a fan outside the ground who gave him some abuse.

He'd have a field day here.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 19:14:38 »

Exactly. With a cut to the budget of a £ mill, I'm not sure what sort of player people think we might get.  Branco isn't great but he could do a job for us in Div 4, whereas the likes of BOO, Barry, Rodgers, Stewart, Hylton can't.

Reality check required ref who we can get in.

We are shit as a squad.

The good/reasonable will be gone, sold or offski.

The dross that we can move on...Moved on.

Shit like Thomas that we are stuck with stay.

Ground zero.... Rebuild... Reduced budget frees, punts etc.

I'm hoping that we get at least a strong spine of physical players this time.

At least then we can compete....Remember that?!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 19:43:09 »

Reality check required ref who we can get in.

We are shit as a squad.

The good/reasonable will be gone, sold or offski.

The dross that we can move on...Moved on.

Shit like Thomas that we are stuck with stay.

Ground zero.... Rebuild... Reduced budget frees, punts etc.

I'm hoping that we get at least a strong spine of physical players this time.

At least then we can compete....Remember that?!

The last time we competed was in the couple of early Power seasons, when there were still a few PDC era players kicking around.

So for example J Mac at LB...along with Darren Ward, provided a bit of nous.

The following season Andy Williams provided 20 goals... we still had Wes and the Thompsons. Gradually Power moved these out in order to further reduce the wage bill.

Realistically, I don't see any prospect of a change in policy. It will be more of the same. Have a look at the end of season Prem reject trials and hope to pick up a BOO.

Look at the out of contract lists of FL clubs and hope to pick up someone who has had early promise like a Murray or Thomas, but lost their way.

Pick up a few lads from non league, who Luke might be able to polish.  Then late on there'll be 2 or 3 kids on season long loans.

The only question is.... will this be enough to keep us in Div 4  Hmmm

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 18:48:28 »

Smith and Evans recalled early?? thought they were there until June?

Smith:
Want to thank the players, staff and most of the the fans. Been class every single game! Want to wish the blues all the best for the season.

Evans:
Gutted to be out the cup against Dundalk today, really enjoyed my time @WaterfordFCie  would like to wish the club all the best #blues⚽️🔵
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 18:52:20 »

I'd be very surprised if Jake Evans was kept on as he struggled to get in to Waterford's team (unless he was injured?) but Tom Smith might be worth another year.

OR LEE POWER IS SELLING UP AND IS CUTTING ALL LINKS TO STFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 19:05:51 »

fingers crossed!

know nothing about Evans potential. you may be right.

Smith should have been in the squad ahead of Rodgers, kasim and Thomas. But I guess his fanny flick football ratio wasn't high enough for the golden one
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 19:06:33 »

I'd be very surprised if Jake Evans was kept on as he struggled to get in to Waterford's team (unless he was injured?) but Tom Smith might be worth another year.

OR LEE POWER IS SELLING UP AND IS CUTTING ALL LINKS TO STFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: Monday, May 1, 2017, 19:17:22 »

It's clearly because they're learning their fates but, heck, I'll put some fuel on the rumour fire.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 12:03:58 »

I believe Evans has spent quite a bit of time injured

There are 2 trains of thought for why they have been recalled early

a)They are both being told they are being released so may lose motivation playing for Waterford under Power

b)It has been deemed they will be squad players next season so it was decided they need a proper rest so they can get a full pre-season and if they stayed at Waterford until June they would not be ready for pre-season

I read in Twitter that Tommy Oulridge has not received a contract although the club said he would be offered a 1st year pro deal, apparently contracts usually follow quite quick.

JSW it was said a few weeks ago has been told he wont be getting a new deal and he has been doing his rehab at QPR as stfc are not interested

I hope for Thompson's sake he does not sign a new deal here, he is better than L2 and deserves to go and try his luck elsewhere for a better team probably top end of L1, same goes for Vigs he is better than L2 so we will hopefully recoup a £2-300,000 fee for him.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: