Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1622309 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2640 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 17:14:36 »

I'd be pretty fucking brutal with this lot. I'd keep Thompson and Branco at the back. In midfield - only Doughty and Goddard. Up front only Beaks and Hylton may have won a reprieve. I'd keep Vigs. I'd keep the youngsters who have come up through our ranks, in particular Smith who I'd like to see more of. I wouldn't be unhappy to see more of Young and Henry. Stewart would stay but may be lucky that he hasn't had the opportunity to be total shit.
Furlong has done a Toffollo, started well and has progressively got worse and worse. Jones is an up to date Grant Hall - don't see anything in this lad at all. JSW had one good game but is generally crap. BOO is total wank as a defender. Barry has looked shite this season. Brophy I like but he clearly can't last a game and is defensively nearly as shit as BOO. The midfield I would just clear out. Thomas, Murray and Rogers are just shit. Kasim is quality at this level if he wants to but its not often enough. Norris and Delf can go. If Iandolo doesn't kick on this season he might as well go.
I'd take Branco over all the other centre halves bar Thompson. He had a good one Saturday but Reg sums him up perfectly as a poor mans David Luiz.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 18:42:47 »

Doughty and Furlong set to be recalled by QPR apparently
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:04:20 »

I hope this is a joke. A bad one.
Flashheart

« Reply #2643 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:05:21 »

I thought they couldn't recall season long loans.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:10:53 »

Only being reported atm so who knows.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:16:46 »

I thought they couldn't recall season long loans.

They can if a standard loan...
53.1.2    any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:29:22 »

Not too sure I'd be disappointed much, Best game I've seen Furlong in was against us, and doughty although has talent, should have at least 10 goals in this league by now.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:30:14 »

The difficulty with deciding who deserves culling is that one week any one of a number of players can look decent enough for div 3, but be utter pants the next. This inconsistency, coupled with fitness and contract issues means that I don't think any of us could come up with the same 'keep/get rid' list.

Take Beaks as an example. I know it is all ifs, buts and maybes, but I'd say most would automatically include him in the starting 11. But we'll probably be lucky to get another 10 starts out of him this season, which could mean about 3-4 goals. Is he worth keeping, especially if we're offered say £50,000 for him in January?

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:32:07 »

and doughty although has talent, should have at least 10 goals in this league by now.
Even taking his illness into account? If so, harsh. He's still not fully recovered.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:32:34 »

No surprise, both players standards have nose dived as the season has gone along....QPR are looking a good bet for a second half of season relegation plunge under Hollowhead, so he probably wants all his squad available.
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 20:19:22 »

Think Chalkies_Shorts is right. You can only be brutal with this group of players. They have consistently shown themselves to be too mentally weak to perform to a higher standard than that of relegation candidates. Too many flatter to deceive... Somebody drew up a stat the other day that we haven't lost a game in a long time when we go in front, but seem to lose almost every game that we go behind in. That alone says to me that although we have players who are perhaps technically superior to others in this league, they aren't up for the fight--mentally or physically--and do not give themselves the platform upon which show their ability.

It was a favourite cliche of Cooper, and he was right: 'You've got to earn the right to play football'. Earn the right we do not.

Definite keeps for me would be; Branco, Thompson, Doughty (if possible... but seemingly not?) and of course Vigs. There is a case for Kasim and Obika, but as it stands they clearly don't give us value for money.

I'd also keep ahold of most of the youngsters; Smith, Young, Henry etc. Goddard should probably stay too. Other than that, I don't think there's anyone else who we should be desperate to cling onto.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 21:28:22 by Captain Beefheart » Logged
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #2651 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 09:11:10 »

Obika and Kasim on their day as we know are as good as any in this league but the issue is now we are not getting value for money. You can guarantee these 2 are our 2 highest earners which with our budget you can't afford to just let them sit on the sidelines doing fuck all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 10:35:47 »

agree, but I'd still be reluctant to get rid without quality replacements.

I think we'll get enough games out of them to win more points in the limited games they play than we would chucking in a couple of 18 year old premier league rejects that play more games but take time to adjust. just an opinion like, impossible to prove.

long term, no arguments. you can't build teams around crocked players.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 13:07:49 »

They can if a standard loan...

Power was talking about specifically with Doughty that it would cost QPR to recall him - lets hope that is the case, although I expect if he does get recalled for QPR to give us more players loan or permanent.

Let's have a look around Brighton, Spurs, Villa, QPR and see who they have we may potentially sign

I expect probably 2 strikers, 1 CB, 1FB, 1 CM, 1 wide midfielder but I suspect it may be dependent on clearing a few out, I think some would do well at other teams or in a better team, just not in a struggling team
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: Monday, January 2, 2017, 19:12:20 »

Doughty and Furlong recalled by QPR tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: