Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1620051 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #2625 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 13:42:35 »

Town Development XI currently in action at Supermarine against Cheltenham.  Thomas, Smith, Murray and Delf playing.  Matt Edwards doing live Twitter feed, if anyone's interested.  Score currently 2 - 0 (Tom Smith 13m, Jack Stanley 45m).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 13:45:31 by Private Fraser » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2626 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 14:47:46 »

Town Development XI currently in action at Supermarine against Cheltenham.  Thomas, Smith, Murray and Delf playing.  Matt Edwards doing live Twitter feed, if anyone's interested.  Score currently 2 - 0 (Tom Smith 13m, Jack Stanley 45m).
2-2 now

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2627 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 14:53:15 »

Conceded 2 in the last 5 minutes. Doh!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2628 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 15:22:14 »

Conceded 2 in the last 5 minutes. Doh!

Didn't lose.  I believe we've lost all other games this season....so the curse of Cheltnumb not applicable here  Smiley
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #2629 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 21:16:03 »

So... if we're going to be buying players, let's hope that's done early in January and that we don't end up with the dregs that no-one else wants at the end of the month.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2630 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 23:55:11 »

So... if we're going to be buying players, let's hope that's done early in January and that we don't end up with the dregs that no-one else wants at the end of the month.

Known in these parts as the Benyon Factor.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2631 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 09:01:07 »

Quote from: donkey
Known in these parts as the Benyon Factor.

and also plain old pre-season
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2632 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 12:51:49 »

As we're seemingly headed  towards a half-season-pre-season, who do we think are essentially finished at Swindon, who are untouchable, who could improve with new players around then etc
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2633 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 13:05:41 »

Probably different from who fans think should be jettisoned and who the club do.

My take - Delf, Thomas, BOO, Sharpe, Rodgers aren't up to it

Murray, Goddard, Norris, Branco should be kept

Kasim and Obika should be sold if possible

I like Brophy but something is amiss health-wise.

As for the gotta keeps - Vigs, Thompson, Doughty and Jones (hopefully see out their season-long loans)

Hylton's super performance on Saturday should be enough to warrant an extended run in the side.

It's the midfield we need to sort out - forwards at our level don't create their own chances, they need someone to do it for them.

Need CB option, ditto striker, ditto wingback. 4 decent additions should sort it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2634 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 13:26:17 »

Probably different from who fans think should be jettisoned and who the club do.

My take - Delf, Thomas, BOO, Sharpe, Rodgers aren't up to it

Murray, Goddard, Norris, Branco should be kept

Kasim and Obika should be sold if possible

I like Brophy but something is amiss health-wise.

As for the gotta keeps - Vigs, Thompson, Doughty and Jones (hopefully see out their season-long loans)

Hylton's super performance on Saturday should be enough to warrant an extended run in the side.

It's the midfield we need to sort out - forwards at our level don't create their own chances, they need someone to do it for them.

Need CB option, ditto striker, ditto wingback. 4 decent additions should sort it.

I suggest Branco is decent cover and Thomas is young and may still come good consistently, shame we wont be able to get a refund on Norris

I'd suggest we need 5-6 players minimum depending who we get rid of, we need to remember this is the last window so we need enough strength to avoid relegation.

Hopefully they wont all be youth prem reserves and Tim stick to what was said and gets 2 or 3 experienced players
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2635 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 13:27:06 »

Almost impossible to call given no indication of budget/number in/out.

To go:
 - Delph. Pointless wen played as striker
 - Murray. Disappointing.To be honest Rodgers is more proven shite, but he seems to be more in favour and one has to go to make way for someone who can tackle.
 - Sharpe (gone already?),

In danger : Norris - I hope he's turned the corner. He may turn out great. But besides a single game he's thus far been hopeless in the league.
   Rodgers - see Murray above

Absolutely critical to keep :
   Obika- despite his injuries. Despite being out of contract. On current form I'd still rate him more likely to win us more points than the other options.
   Vigs, Thompson. Latter not everyone's favourite, but still of massive importance in my eyes

Depends which one turns up:
   Kasim - a class above everyone else Vs can't be arsed and often  injured

I realise at least one of  Kasim and Obika are on most peoples "get rid of" list. And I'd agree if I thought quality replacements would be brought in. But based on what we have seen thus far re
quality/experience  .....

I'm taking the loanees as here for the season .
Panda Paws

« Reply #2636 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 15:06:37 »

Build the team around (in an ideal world):

Vigs, Thompson, Jones, Thomas (has been excellent every time I've seen him. This is 4 times, however), Doughty, Murray, Kasim, Goddard, Obika

Keep, for now or later and revisit in the summer- "strength" in depth rather than key players:

Norris, Smith, Iandolo, Stewart, Henry, Delf, Boo, Hylton (last chance saloon), Barry, JSW... and Furlong I guess. Plus the kids - Young etc.

Melt down for glue:

Branco, Rodgers, Brophy, Sharpe (doesn't really seem to have had an impact)

So in January, would love to see a CB, another versatile defender, a LB, and a ST at least.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2637 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 15:41:21 »

I'd keep Nathan, and probably Branco,. but the rest can go as far as I'm concerned.  I suspect over the course of Jan and post season most will be gone, including Nathan.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2638 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 16:09:40 »

Each to their own.... but Branco? Really?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2639 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 16:25:34 »

Each to their own.... but Branco? Really?

Yeah, I like Branco. He's a kind of Div 3 David Luiz.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: