Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1623611 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2220 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 09:58:59 »

With the season petering out and on the basis that Swindon don't do anything stupid like get relegated, what would you like to see happen with the squad during the summer?

I'd personally ditch Michael Smith, Miles Storey, Fabien Robert, James Brophy, Jeremy Balmy, Josh Cooke and Jamie Calvin (who I'm sure will play some part during our final game of the season).

Trigger Yaser Kasim's extension and see what happens.
Trigger Drissa Traore, Jon Obika, Brad Barry, Jamie Sendles-White with the intention to keep and continue to develop the latter two.
Offer new deals to Ellis Iandolo and maybe Lee Marshall.

Talk to QPR about Michael Doughty.
Talk to Liverpool about Lawrence Vigouroux but it won't end our world if this season is our only one with Larry as No.1
Let Louis Thompson go - he needs to develop elsewhere now.
Definitely trigger Robert. Most talented player at the club.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2221 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10:02:51 »

I haven't seen enough of him and have few issues with staying (as he's rarely slated by fans). However, I just have a gut feeling that the people who do the signing and Luke Williams might want to look elsewhere.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #2222 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10:11:48 »

I haven't seen enough of him and have few issues with staying (as he's rarely slated by fans). However, I just have a gut feeling that the people who do the signing and Luke Williams might want to look elsewhere.
If we played him in the number 10 role we'd see the best of him. He's on a different wavelength technically to anybody else we have & probably does things that a lot of his team mates don't anticipate which sometimes end up making him look the cunt as he's a step ahead of many imo. It is worrying the amount of time he spends on the bench though & I can see what you mean about us possibly looking elsewhere as I get the feeling that whoever makes the decisions isn't entirely convinced.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2223 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10:14:12 »

Robert is an interesting one. Talented but injury-prone and prone to some odd decisions. Think Williams relationship and training ground behaviour with him will be key.

I'd dump Drissa. He understands the role better than some but has little talent or desire to play it. Games drift by him when he doesn't have the ball and when he does he can't make space so gets into a tussle. If he wins, the crowd love it as he looks committed but if he loses, he gives up.

Brophy has gone backwards of late but it is a huge step up and the raw materials are there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2224 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10:53:55 »

Another year of Anton Rodgers  Sad

Talk of Brendan getting the Swansea job, so maybe a source of some loan players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2225 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 12:40:15 »

Quote from: Costanza
Let Louis Thompson go - he needs to develop elsewhere now.

like Norwich Smiley

I know what you meant..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2226 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 13:16:24 »

It worries me that Lee Marshall has spent only a bit of time on the bench and even less on the pitch.

Really want him to make it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2227 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 13:17:57 »

Sendles-White looks decent, would prefer to see an experienced head alongside him next season in a back four with Nath at right back. Brophy, BOO and Barry all look like shite at defending though.

I never thought I'd say it but we need a Jamie Vincent type...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2228 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 15:45:45 »

I'd dump Drissa. He understands the role better than some but has little talent or desire to play it. Games drift by him when he doesn't have the ball and when he does he can't make space so gets into a tussle. If he wins, the crowd love it as he looks committed but if he loses, he gives up.

Strange how we all see things differently isn't it, but when he came on at Peterborough he changed the game in our favour, and we looked much better with him yesterday than we did without him
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2229 on: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 18:23:10 »

This is a difficult call....I'm not sure that any of the out of contract players have done enough to convince that they're definitely worthy of keeping.  However some have shown a bit of promise now and then and a lot of them were starting from a very low level, so the question is could they get better still with another season.

The other factor is they'll be cheap... I make it 7 who've appeared quite regularly, so ...

Brophy, quite handy at running with the ball, but I'm not really sure what position he's supposed to play, I'll guess he''ll be kept

JSW, looks short of pace, but OK with the ball, I'll guess he'll be kept.

Barry, did have a spell of consistency, but struggling of late....I suppose for a first season he's done enough to be kept.

The 3 Frenchmen I'd bin, although Balmy has been comedy value.

Iandolo, the first time I saw him I wasn't sure who he was, but thought he looked OK. It was later I realised who it was, and for a kid, showed a bit of promise....he'd be the one I'd definitely keep.

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 3, 2016, 18:27:01 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #2230 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 10:11:42 »

Sadly I think Lee Marshall and Josh Cooke will join the seemingly endless list of STFC youth teamers who get offered pro deal but never really proper chance to show if they have what it takes. Marshall looked good in comparison when he came on as sub for Agombar v Orient but that isn't setting bench mark very high. With no cover other than Hylton for the injured Jonathan Obika it doesn't say a lot for the clubs belief in Cooke's ability to make it that he so far has got zero pitch time from what is now a fair few chances on the bench. Landolo preferred to him as Hylton's replacement twice now.

Ditch Balmy and offer something to all the rest. Not sure Robert will stay beyond this season though. Never quite seemed to have made the most of his obvious ability. After a very good start I must admit I have been a bit disappointed with both number of goals and assists he has contributed since August.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Barry Scott

« Reply #2231 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 10:30:09 »

Sadly I think Lee Marshall and Josh Cooke will join the seemingly endless list of STFC youth teamers who get offered pro deal but never really proper chance to show if they have what it takes. Marshall looked good in comparison when he came on as sub for Agombar v Orient but that isn't setting bench mark very high. With no cover other than Hylton for the injured Jonathan Obika it doesn't say a lot for the clubs belief in Cooke's ability to make it that he so far has got zero pitch time from what is now a fair few chances on the bench. Landolo preferred to him as Hylton's replacement twice now.

If they're not good enough, they're not good enough. Being from our youth shouldn't mean they have to play. We've not seen them in training, and players should be in the squad on merit, so I'd say it's highly likely they're just not good enough.

They might join a long list we've dropped, but they join a long list every club drops and few, if any, have ever proven anyone wrong over their ability of lack thereof.
Flashheart

« Reply #2232 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 11:01:01 »

How many youngsters have we released for shitness only for them to go on and make it elsewhere? I can't think of any.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2233 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 11:12:08 »

How many youngsters have we released for shitness only for them to go on and make it elsewhere? I can't think of any.

There is one but I can't remember his name. He went off to non-league, played for Rovers and then on to Middlesborough. Mixed race fella.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2234 on: Monday, April 4, 2016, 11:13:43 »

There is one but I can't remember his name. He went off to non-league, played for Rovers and then on to Middlesborough. Mixed race fella.

Mustapha Caryol.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: