Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1623542 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2145 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 12:59:13 »

Wasn't Vigs signed on a season long loan though, whereas the others were signed until Jan with the option until the end of the season - I might be wrong but I thought that is what I remember about the deals ?

Potentially makes no difference, assuming it was a standard loan

Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season.  Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2146 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 12:59:26 »

Luke Williams on official site re Southend United

“I’ve watched them a couple of times,” he said. “We played them earlier in the season and they’re a good side. They’ve got very experienced manager and they’ve got momentum with them as well so it will be a tough game, we know that.

FFS  they have lost their last two games    3-0  & 4-0

Get the excuses in early!

Think a small typo...should be Momentum, otherwise known as Corbynistas. 

More seriously Sarfend are one of those annoying sides who are better away than home....think only 2 defeats on the road. Given the circumstances, a point could be considered decent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2147 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:01:53 »

Luke Williams on official site re Southend United
Get the excuses in early!

We've got better form than them in terms of points over the last 10.

Ignore
« Reply #2148 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:14:58 »

Southend look an away win banker to me.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2149 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:36:30 »

Need to get in a couple of full-backs, a central defender and a box to box central midfielder in the window. Get those and we'll be fine for the rest of the season in my opinion. We've got 3 loan spots available at the very least so hopefully we should see some incomings in these areas.

As for Tomorrow:

Vigs
Barry
Branco
Turnbull
Brophy
Traore
Kasim
Rogers
Robert
Obika
Ajose

That would be reasonably competitive, not like earlier in the season where we had barely any players fit.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2150 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:41:54 »

It's competitive but it's essentially the side that was losing all those games.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #2151 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:43:51 »

It's competitive but it's essentially the side that was losing all those games.

Other than Brophy is yet to start a game at left back (i think?) and Robert and Obika were injured meaning we ended up playing Ajose up front on his own. :-)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2152 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:44:28 »

Other than Brophy is yet to start a game at left back (i think?) and Robert and Obika were injured meaning we ended up playing Ajose up front on his own. :-)

'essentially', not exactly.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #2153 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 13:47:25 »

'essentially', not exactly.

Fair enough. Hopefully just having someone to support Ajose will make us at least more competitive than what we were during that losing run though. It has so far.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2154 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 14:11:05 »

Who dat? I only know about a dozen on that list....footballers, John Regis and someone called Thatcher.

Power could do worse than trawl round Lewisham

Here's a possible, admittedly ageing, line up

Scott Endersby (Swindon Town)

Ray Wallace (Soton)               Michael Turner (Norwich)   Richard Rufus (Charlton)             Anthony Barness (Charlton)

Frank Nouble (Swindon)            David Rocastle (Arsenal)   Julian Gray (C.Palace)          Bradley Wright Phillips (Soton)  

Lee Power (Norwich)  Rod Wallace (Soton)

Sub:              Maxi Priest (Southall & UB40)

Manager:       Hope Powell

Physio:          Keeley Hazell
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2155 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 14:30:45 »

Isn't that Portuguese lad that's been training with us for months supposed to be signing now the window's open? That might change things a bit, assuming he's league-ready, rather than a development player
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2156 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 14:37:02 »

Need to get in a couple of full-backs, a central defender and a box to box central midfielder in the window. Get those and we'll be fine for the rest of the season in my opinion. We've got 3 loan spots available at the very least so hopefully we should see some incomings in these areas.

As for Tomorrow:

Vigs
Barry
Branco
Turnbull
Brophy
Traore
Kasim
Rogers
Robert
Obika
Ajose

That would be reasonably competitive, not like earlier in the season where we had barely any players fit.

No width, no penetration, and no pace. Back in the shit boring football fans. Prove me wrong fellas!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2157 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 15:20:26 »

No width, no penetration, and no pace. Back in the shit boring football fans. Prove me wrong fellas!

This is why yesterday I suggested tomorow it's so important we see some fighting spirit...given losing 6 or 7 players and a manager since the last game it looks like the club is throwing the towel in and accepting Div 4 next season.

Sometimes however appearances are deceptive and we might get a siege mentality, here's hoping.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2158 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 15:23:25 »

It's the Rodgers/Kasim/Traore trio that strikes fear and boredom into me but maybe it works if Robert is allowed to play at the peak? And Brophy at LB too? Crumbs. Is Boo not fit?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2159 on: Friday, January 8, 2016, 15:31:26 »

It's the Rodgers/Kasim/Traore trio that strikes fear and boredom into me but maybe it works if Robert is allowed to play at the peak? And Brophy at LB too? Crumbs. Is Boo not fit?

Only a complete managerial novice would risk starting with those 3...oh. You just have to have someone who can carry the ball foward, otherewise you're left with lumping up to the front 2.  I suppose an option might be to play Michael Smith, go with a three up top, pending, of course, if Michael is eligible, fit and ready to play.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: