Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford fans dancing around the stands  (Read 8174 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:11:05 »

Yeah, but the fee from us would have helped clear their £33 million debt I've heard they've got...

I heard we bid 33 million
Spud

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:13:24 »

Isn't Constable worth at least £3 million?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:13:41 »

£33 Million!

Confirmation then?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:20:28 »

Probably start next season on -10.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:23:37 »

We will need and buy better than cuntstubble during the summer i'm sure.
Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:25:54 »

Probably start next season on -10.

That's if they start at all
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 16:48:54 »

RIP Oxford.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:03:16 »

£3 Million!

You must have misheard, the panorama programme defo said 33mill
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:08:08 »

Poxford are so last season :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick:bring on Pompey , coventry Swindon Are on the rise(hopefully)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:08:48 »

The charge that we are £11 million in debt is factually correct.  It ignores, however, that the £11 million is a liability to the club's owners who, happily, are the most supportive we have known in years.  It is one thing to owe £11 million to your owners; and an entirely different proposition to owe that sum to unrelated creditors or, for example, HMRC.

While I hope the present owners are around for some time to come, they will have had their eye on an exit strategy from day one.  Almost certainly, this would involve investing in the club to enable it to grow its revenues and develop its facilities, enabling an eventual sale to another party.  The £11 million they currently have invested in STFC is all the proof you need of their commitment to the club's future success.  The sum of £11 million is a lot of money; but there is nothing untoward or exceptional about an owner liability of this size on the balance sheet of a club of our size.  We should not be complacent, and we should certainly be grateful for the support offered by the present Board - but we're in a good place.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:10:43 by Ardiles » Logged
hanneyred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:16:26 »

I had the pleasure of playing against an Oxford fan today, I had my Swindon shorts on, and he made it very clear of his dislike towards the champions! Evidentially he found it very hard to understand what champions meant.

Then when we scored a last minute winner, there was only one place I was going to celebrate, right in his face! It was like keown and van nistleroy all over again  Bye Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:40:17 »

Apparently its going over Twitter that Oxford are 33m in debt.

Fantastic.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:44:30 »

Apparently its going over Twitter that Oxford are 33m in debt.

Fantastic.

It took minutes.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:46:06 »

Yeah, saw it posted on facebook banter page to.

Excellent.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 17:53:05 »

The charge that we are £11 million in debt is factually correct.  It ignores, however, that the £11 million is a liability to the club's owners who, happily, are the most supportive we have known in years.  It is one thing to owe £11 million to your owners; and an entirely different proposition to owe that sum to unrelated creditors or, for example, HMRC.

While I hope the present owners are around for some time to come, they will have had their eye on an exit strategy from day one.  Almost certainly, this would involve investing in the club to enable it to grow its revenues and develop its facilities, enabling an eventual sale to another party.  The £11 million they currently have invested in STFC is all the proof you need of their commitment to the club's future success.  The sum of £11 million is a lot of money; but there is nothing untoward or exceptional about an owner liability of this size on the balance sheet of a club of our size.  We should not be complacent, and we should certainly be grateful for the support offered by the present Board - but we're in a good place.

Dread to think how much Chelsea owe the Russian bloke
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: