Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Curly Withers  (Read 11386 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #90 on: Monday, April 30, 2012, 22:08:25 »

But Curly was team man for all those players. Probably.

Nope

Not allowed to go off topic, not even in the slightest. Never happens on the TEF. Never.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 08:47:40 »

Back on topic, who would you regard as our last home grown success story?

We picked up Jutkiewicz as a 16 (?) year old, so I guess he could count. Can't really remember the last one. Buzzer? I guess Bodin Jr has a shot if we don't sell him.

Not sure this has much relevance on the whole ' are the youth setup under-performing' argument. For all I know all academies at our level may be the same, Crewe aside .

Depends what you regard as a success. We've had a few that have made pro.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 08:55:25 »

in our case, I think sucess is when the youth system can pay for itself or even make money for the club. Reglardless of when they (players) entered the system or who they end of playing for.

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:01:57 »

in our case, I think sucess is when the youth system can pay for itself or even make money for the club. Reglardless of when they (players) entered the system or who they end of playing for.

I doubt any clubs youth system does that. We've had good fees for a few players though
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:12:33 »

Nope

Not allowed to go off topic, not even in the slightest. Never happens on the TEF. Never.
How's talking about the shitty youth team only slightly going off topic, you penis? But fuck it, if you cant beat em, join em!
The youth team - what a pile of shite they are! Bring back budgie..

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:27:14 »

Coronation Street was never the same once he left

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:37:18 »

How's talking about the shitty youth team only slightly going off topic, you penis? But fuck it, if you cant beat em, join em!

it didn't go off topic.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 09:42:35 »

I doubt any clubs youth system does that. We've had good fees for a few players though

its something to aim for though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:01:39 »

As a fan I'd regard success as a player or two that can break into the first team and not end up at supermarine.

Storey or bodin may have a chance..

Not sure how the club view success though.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 11:34:32 »

it didn't go off topic.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 12:04:11 »

As a fan I'd regard success as a player or two that can break into the first team and not end up at supermarine.

Storey or bodin may have a chance..

Not sure how the club view success though.

I'd agree. Anyone who goes onto play professionally or is sold i'd say would fit that catagory.

I'd also say that semi pro football is stronger due to clubs like ours,just like the football leagues are stonger for the top academy's. Players drop down a level so football overall is better for it imo.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 1, 2012, 12:10:08 »

We cant compete with most local rival's facilities / coaches / setsups etc... one of the best strategies we can do is invest in scouting and get what drop outs we can from the bigger clubs - try to pick up a shaun wright-philips for example.. also try to attract the best talant from clubs similar to ours, and this was what budgie was good at
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 10:38:59 »

Not sure where the idea that Curly has been Tea Boy for over 30 years came from. Certainly for the 70's,80's and most of the 90's the players drinks were made by ex BR men Pete Smith and Bob Richens. Both really nice guys who worked with Macari, Ardilles,Hoddle and Gorman,anyone else remember them? 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 11:09:51 »

Not sure where the idea that Curly has been Tea Boy for over 30 years came from. Certainly for the 70's,80's and most of the 90's the players drinks were made by ex BR men Pete Smith and Bob Richens. Both really nice guys who worked with Macari, Ardilles,Hoddle and Gorman,anyone else remember them? 
Don't know Pete Smith but Bob Richens is a name I recognise.  Think he ended up sweeping the Legends Lounge up if it had been used the previous day.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 12:11:20 »

In the town at the top book from 1993 the tea man was those two geezers mentioned above
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: