Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accounts  (Read 8324 times)
sn5_red

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 08:43:59 »

accounts can be misleading. particularly with players.

for example at liverpool stevie g is worth £0 on the accounts and andy carroll £35m.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 08:57:07 »

Wonder how many threads on the Oxford forum there will be about this?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:18:27 »

Surely it's better to keep player values off the balance sheet as if they appeared as an asset it would push the club into profit upon which they would pay tax.

As for Oxford, they also made a loss of about £200-300,000, and that's for staying in League 2 and with the prospect of staying there for a while.

Another successful season next year will easily turn that loss round, if indeed the Wembey visit, FA Cup run and winning the League hasn't already done that.

I would expect, though, that the cost of the 'wasted' signings this season wont make for good reading.

£1.3m, while a large amount for us, is probably chicken-feed for our backers
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:25:20 »

£1.3m, while a large amount for us, is probably chicken-feed for our backers

it still goes down as a loan to the club though, the blog says theres £10m or so debt - what if they remove their backing and ask for the money to be repaid
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:31:23 »

it still goes down as a loan to the club though, the blog says theres £10m or so debt - what if they remove their backing and ask for the money to be repaid

There's always that risk

But why take over the club (and its debt) in the first place?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:31:41 »

On a different topic, does anyone know how many ST's we've sold for next season?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:32:29 »

It's all about having supportive backers.  If the present owners did as you suggest, withdrew their backing and asked for all their cash back, it would be self-defeating.  The club would not be able to find the money, the value of the owners' investment in the club would fall to zero, the club would fold and the owners would end up selling the goal posts and kit bags to recoup a small part of their investment.  The thing is, they are supportive owners and we all know that isn't going to happen.

A much more likely exit route, if/when they do eventually sell up, would be to sell the club as a going concern to a new owner...as is now happening at Reading.  Clearly, it is in the present owners' financial interests that the club/business thrives in order to provide a future return on their investment.  This is also why we can be reasonably sure that ground redevelopment is going to be fairly high now on the 'to do' list, because of its potential to act as a catalyst for future growth.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:33:03 »

On a different topic, does anyone know how many ST's we've sold for next season?

a couple of weeks ago at the end of phase one the club said around 4000...so hopefully add a few hundred to that figure
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:33:39 »

i'm not sure how contracts and stuff works, but shouldn't wilson and  hart have been sacked without compensation?

In an ideal world yes.  In the real world no.  We gave them the contracts so they are intitled to compo if we terminate the it early.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:35:50 »

In an ideal world yes.  In the real world no.  We gave them the contracts so they are intitled to compo if we terminate the it early.

So if i got the sack from my job...i could get compensation?!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:38:44 »

Depends why you got sacked

Contracts in the worlds of football and real life arent the same.  They should be but they arent
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:38:53 »

Paying 'compensation for loss of office' while asking the employee to sign a Compromise Agreement, in which they waive any rights to make any future claims on the employer, is a mechanism often used by employers to avoid potential legal pitfalls in the future.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:42:56 »

So if i got the sack from my job...i could get compensation?!

Depends on what your contract says. As I understand it football uses contracts of a fixed length, so when the contract is terminated early, the rest of the contract period should be paid (or at least provide a negotiating point) For most of us plebs, we'll only have a specified notice period as opposed to a fixed contract end date.  Plus what Ardiles said.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
lambourn red

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:47:51 »

" The transfers to new pastures of Gordon Greer, Sean Morrison, Charlie Austin and David Prutton generated a net receipt of £1,664,815"

So what was the real figure that Charlie was sold for, at the time we were told 1.6 or is my memory going. That total figure suggest it was a hell of a lot less than that.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 09:49:46 »

Hang on.

We got money for Prutton?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: