Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Next Season  (Read 1458 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 10:47:40 »

From a couple of months back, Paolo seems to have been really careful with what he is saying regarding his contract next season. Before, he was constantly saying how he will definitely be with Swindon next season and for many years to come.

Recently though, he seems cautious, and says that the 'boo boys' will not help with him making his decision about his contract. And he thanked the fans for the support he was given during this tough period for him which will be a factor towards his contract extension blah-dee-blah.

I know he wants to concentrate on promotion, and then he will take matters from there, and I know for 100% that he will be with us next season (touch wood) but I don't know why he has changed his approach.

Cue abuse for being sceptical.

Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 10:49:44 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9662581._Thank_you_/ - I think there is a good chance he will be here next season  Yes
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 10:52:32 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9662581._Thank_you_/ - I think there is a good chance he will be here next season  Yes

Yes I know, that's what I'm referring to. It's just strange why he should say that it will be a factor towards his decision. It's as if he's weighing the pros and cons. Why can't he just say he will extend his contract?

As I said, I know he's going to stay with us, for next season at least.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 10:53:08 »

Perhaps I'm reading too much into things and after we get promoted today by beating the Pikeys 5-0 he'll sign a 5 year extension to his contract.

Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 10:57:25 »

Yes I know, that's what I'm referring to. It's just strange why he should say that it will be a factor towards his decision. It's as if he's weighing the pros and cons. Why can't he just say he will extend his contract?

As I said, I know he's going to stay with us, for next season at least.

Ah sorry, didnt read the whole post! I see what you mean, I think that's just the way he is though...his mood dictates the way he speaks about everything. Proffesional and personal. I'm sure he'll look to move on once he's acheived what he said he would (championship)
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:01:52 by Cibocchi_Is_God » Logged
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:02:12 »

Ah sorry, didnt read the whole post! I see what you mean, I think that's just the way he is though. I'm sure he'll be looking to move on once he's acheived what he said he would (championship)

He has also said cheekily things like 'when we are in the premiership' and 'when we win the champions league' etc.. Hopefully he'll get us into the Premier league with West Ham firmly positioned there as well, before moving to them.

I dream.

Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:22:15 »

"I will make my decision once we are mathematically up, because I do not deserve to have a contract if we do not go up."

Well I must say that is rubbish. If we do not go up because of some end of season disaster you are still the best thing that has happened to this club in years. A real breath of fresh air to us and football in general. The unfortunate events recently have been out of your control and you are not to blame. I'm not alone in thinking even if we didn't go up we would want you as our manager next season because we know what we can expect from you right from the start.
Swindon fans will remember what we did for Lou Macari when the board tried to sack him. Swindon fans are passionate about keeping the right man for the job and you fit perfectly into that category, Paolo.

I've already got my season ticket for next season. League one or two, I would still like you as our manager.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 11:25:29 by Gerinthere » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: