Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: St George's Day  (Read 3279 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 19:54:53 »

Indeed. We are quite fortunate there. Being fortunate is nothing to be ashamed about.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 19:58:50 »

And a little bit ashamed that the majority of us English can't utter more than a few words in a foreign language?
I did two years of Spanish language classes at night school, i couldn't of been much good as when in Spain the Spanish still tried to talk to me in English  Huh?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 20:21:40 »

Sure, but there's so much bullshit in the bible that you have to take it with a large dollop of NaCl.
It's got bugger all to do with the bible.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 23:43:17 »

I was about to write that, then I re-read the post to which it referred and realised somehow it had become about Jesus not St George...easily confused!!!

By the way, going back to the beginning, I wish people would actually read what William Blake wrote and understand what he was saying about England when he wrote 'Jerusalem' before constantly quoting it and singing it for nationalistic occasions.  Blake must be laughing in his grave!! or not....
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 07:49:29 »

I was about to write that, then I re-read the post to which it referred and realised somehow it had become about Jesus not St George...easily confused!!!

By the way, going back to the beginning, I wish people would actually read what William Blake wrote and understand what he was saying about England when he wrote 'Jerusalem' before constantly quoting it and singing it for nationalistic occasions.  Blake must be laughing in his grave!! or not....
Hadnt noticed it was about Jesus, but the point still stands. Jesus wasnt mythical either. he was a historical figure. True, the stories about him are all nonsense, but there was a carpenter in Judea called Jesus, who was born in Bethlehem etc etc who ended up being a bit of a preacher.

As for all the stuff about being the son of God or the miracles are true, I will leave that up to you to decide!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: