Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HP PSC 750 & Kodak ESP C310 Wireless All In One Thermal Inkjet Printer  (Read 4003 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 11:49:20 »

Had this all in one printer, copier, scanner for a looooong time, but it now seems to have given up the ghost. Printer cartridges won't align no matter what you do. Now it will only print in black or magenta - Even when you clean cartridge, align cartridge, prime cartridge, replace cartridge, turn it on and off etc.

First question is does anyone have any knowledge on how to fix it or how much it might cost to fix?

Second question is about a Kodak ESP C310 Wireless All In One Thermal Inkjet Printer.

A friend has bought one from Asda (on offer) and says its the bees knees. Printer cartridges are £8 and £12, which is a bit different than those for my HP! Reviews on Asda and Amazon site are all over the shop! Its either totally crap or absolutely fab! Anyone got one who can enlighten me?

Final question is for a recommendation for a cheap all in one replacement for the HP printer than is cheap to run (wifey prints lots for a charity organisation so we have to change cartridges frequently).

Thanks oh wise and mighty TEF brethren !

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 12:55:01 »

If the quality of the ink matters, then I'd suggest investing in a cheap laser printer (you can get them for much under 100 pounds now) and buying laser toner, which has a higher yield than ink cartridges. Still, the toners are quite expensive.
But more advantages from this such as, faster printing, higher quality ink, cheaper toners etc..

If the quality of ink doesn't matter, then buy a cheap Epson printer and buy ink cartridges not from Epson themselves.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-T711-T714-Magenta-Cartridges-DX7000F/dp/B003QCMO1M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335098104&sr=8-2

3.50 for the ink really seems cheap. Of course, it won't be from the manufacturers themselves, as they are more expensive.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Epson, I'm sure there are cheap non-manufacturer cartridges for other printers.

As to how to fix your printer, I have no clue. But printers are really quite cheap now.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 15:04:36 »

Doubt if you could find anyone to fix it NMH, printers are pretty much disposable items now. Take on board what pericarp has said, but if you want a bit more quality take a look at Canon.  Best buy in PC Pro at the mo is Canon Pixma MG6250
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:19:21 »

The Kodak printers are supposed to be decent and the ink (as you say) is cheap. Couldn't you have a test of your mate's printer to see what it is like?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:23:00 »

After buying an SX130 I am never ever buying a cheap Epson again. Ever.

Slow and average, PITA compatible cartridges, average print quality, etc.

Back to Canon for me. Nearly bought a Kodak but as said the reviews are mixed.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:24:18 »

After buying an SX130 I am never ever buying a cheap Epson again. Ever.

Slow and average, PITA compatible cartridges, average print quality, etc.

Back to Canon for me. Nearly bought a Kodak but as said the reviews are mixed.

I've heard reasonably priced Epsons are OK. Certainly not the 20 quid ones, but anything 30+ should be quite fast at printing?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 16:25:15 »

I've heard reasonably priced Epsons are OK. Certainly not the 20 quid ones, but anything 30+ should be quite fast at printing?

That'll be it then. I bought the £25 crap.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 7, 2014, 23:41:01 »

Time for a resurrection!

The Kodak has been pretty crap! About to go through my 2nd printer head. Rather than paying £25 I think I'll go for a different printer.

How about the Canon Pixma MX535 ?

Or any  other recommendations?

Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 7, 2014, 23:47:55 »

I'm a laser convert and bought a Dell C1765nfw. It's reasonably priced and you can get all toners for £20 and they last for a long time. Plus you get laser quality, although photos aren't great.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-C1765NFW-Multifunction-Colour-Printer/dp/B00AARHH9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415403937&sr=8-1&keywords=Dell+C1765nfw

http://www.amazon.co.uk/COMBO-PACK-Compatible-Cartridges-Printers/dp/B00977H4AG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415403937&sr=8-2&keywords=Dell+C1765nfw
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 10:23:19 »

I have a Epson printer that is very good, I got 4 sets of ink for £14 off of amazon. I also had a Kodak printer that was the dogs bollocks but my ex missus sold it when we split up & they no longer make printers. The epson one I have is a workforce 4 in 1 type, me & the kids use it all the time for different things, it even prints a decent photo as well.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 10:52:35 »

Thanks Barry, but I think I'm going to go down the inkjet route.

Was it this one jutty ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3520DWF-Double-sided-Printing/dp/B009L2QY1W/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: