Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ideal Squad? (2012/2013)  (Read 10125 times)
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 10:18:38 »

Please? Thank you?

I dont do manners, you caaaant! (As JJEdmunds put it above)  Grin
« Last Edit: Monday, April 23, 2012, 10:20:11 by Cibocchi_Is_God » Logged
phelpsieboy

« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 10:35:35 »

I dont do manners, you caaaant! (As JJEdmunds put it above)  Grin
Oh you tease Wink you pwoppa nawty c u next tuesday
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:37:44 »

Back on topic, I feel we need 5 new players. A left back (McEverly would do nicely), a back up right back, another centre mid and two new strikers.

As I've already said McEverly would do fine for a left back he looks very assured and has some height for a full back which is quite rare and he would be free.

For a back up right back I wouldn't have a clue, from what I've seen Thomson doesn't look good enough and while Devera did a good job covering for Caddis, we lose alot of attacking threat when he's playing.

The centre mid has been mentioned plenty on here already if we can sign Marlon Pack that would be brilliant as he plays like Ferry, very good on the ball and brilliant distrubrution and adds some more height to our team.

For the two strikers we know we need an effective target man. I was thinking someone along the lines of Lee Novak, not a regular for Huddersfield and has still managed 15 odd goals this season, and is a very big unit and scored a decent goal at the County Ground. For the other striker we need that player who will score 20+ most season and I know that this would be hard to find and always is, someone like Hasslebank who's young and explosive and from whenever I've seen him he looks a real threat. I was also thinking a long the lines of Stuart Beavon at Wycombe who dispite being in the relegation zone has managed 24 goals in League One this season who at 27 surely wouldn't be that expensive especially if Wycombe get relegated.

Think the players who should leave have been mentioned already so feel no need to go through them.

DRS

« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:43:39 »

Alan Lee and Gary Roberts will do.Both out of contract
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:48:08 »

If too many changes are made then I think you run the risk of losing some of the culture that has been built up this season. I think most of the players who have made a decent number of appearences deserve to have a go at league 1.

Can see us needing a commanding centre midfielder - much like douglas a year or so ago. someone to partner benson and a decent left back
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:49:45 »

Isn't Gary Roberts more or a winger than a striker though? if we don't get Holmes (Homles!) then he may be worth going for.

Alan Lee is much more of a target man but not that good a scoring record and is knocking on a bit, isn't he 34 soon?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:50:58 »

Think the players who should leave have been mentioned already so feel no need to go through them.

But will we lose any we want to keep? Not trying to start speculation, but I think its inevitable one or two will get tempting offer.

If we assume we are keeping everyone we want I think you are not far off with your assessment. I'm not sure if we need one or two more central midfielders. The only one I know has the class to cope is Ferry, the jury is out on the others.

As an attribute I think we are missing a bit of pace and a bit of brawn up top. Paolo already noticed the latter. Benson wins more than his fair share of headers, but I wouldn't call him strong.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:53:46 »

How about Richard Duffy from Exeter as cover at CB, hes out of contract in the summer and Exeter have effectively already been relegated. A good solid centre back and can cover right back as well.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:55:44 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 11:59:13 »

Sign Ward as cover for Ritchie  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 12:03:35 »

But will we lose any we want to keep? Not trying to start speculation, but I think its inevitable one or two will get tempting offer.

We don't know this. If the players are recieving interest from other League One clubs then I doubt they would be tempted but if the likes of Ritchie and Caddis do get interest from Championship clubs then I would become a bit worried, and I would be worried if Fitton was still our chairman, but at the club we have Wray but more importantly Di Canio. Who will have such a strong stance of keeping the best players, that he would probably leave if they are sold under his nose for a poor price, think this has already shown when Bournemouth tried to sign Ritchie saying that he would only leave for £5 million. He would understand if we get a very good price for our best players and would expect the funds to replace them.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 12:29:58 »

Isn't Gary Roberts more or a winger than a striker though? if we don't get Holmes (Homles!) then he may be worth going for.

Alan Lee is much more of a target man but not that good a scoring record and is knocking on a bit, isn't he 34 soon?

Yes but we still have the likes of Gabilondo and Esajas who probably won't feature next season.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 12:37:08 »

I feel that although he has barely played this season, after a productive pre season Lee Cox will be a very key player for us next season.
The same can go for Magera too, However another striker is a must, and someone like Stuart Beavon would be a more than welcome addition.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 12:52:51 »

We don't know this. If the players are recieving interest from other League One clubs then I doubt they would be tempted but if the likes of Ritchie and Caddis do get interest from Championship clubs then I would become a bit worried, and I would be worried if Fitton was still our chairman, but at the club we have Wray but more importantly Di Canio.

Unless, of course, as a player you got a bit pissed off with PdC's tough management style/critical public comments/early substitutions etc and decided you want an easier life? Hmmm
Coca Fola

« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 12:55:34 »

1. Messi
2. Messi
3. Messi
4. Messi
5. Messi
6. Messi
7. Messi
8. Messi
9. Messi
10. Messi