Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 32503 times)
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:52:23 »

I wonder if he'll give him the pre-season to see if he can shape up before trying to ship him out.

He may well join with Lanzano, Esajas and Kerrouche who are still under contract next season but not likely to appear again.

Add to that any that Paolo thinks won't cut it in League 1 and we may need to be paying up some contracts in the Summer to make room for new players and remain under the salary cap.  I'm presuming that any such payments don't count for the cap.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 16:17:14 »

Don't know if he will be a good enough defender in League 1, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paolo keep him there.

He didn't do too bad in our FA Cup run against League 1/Championship/Premiership opposition.

He and Flint work well together, Flint in the air, and McCormack on the ground, and he just reads the game so well from the back.

He would win my vote for POTY for his performances and scoring that goal at Northampton and causing that celeb. One of the highlights of the season for me.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 16:24:22 »

He didn't do too bad in our FA Cup run against League 1/Championship/Premiership opposition.

He and Flint work well together, Flint in the air, and McCormack on the ground, and he just reads the game so well from the back.

He would win my vote for POTY for his performances and scoring that goal at Northampton and causing that celeb. One of the highlights of the season for me.

McCormack's only weakness is when he's up against players with real pace (and skill to go with it). There's not many of these in L2.

We'll have our own when we sign Collins from Shrewsbury!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 16:25:41 »

I think McCormack can easily cope in the higher league, he oozes class and can read the game so well and his runs and distribution are fantastic too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #319 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 16:29:40 »

Flint would be on the bench for me with Devera alongside Mac. Like DeVita was the unsing hero of the first half of the season, Devera has been the unsung heros of the second half. In the first few games he looked a rabbit in the headlights but once he got back in the side he has been excellent and I think can eaaily make the step up next season.
Coca Fola

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 16:57:51 »

A bit like us last season, we went 23 games without winning up to the last game of the season, it is shit indeed.
Wasn't it 18 games? We won at Brentford.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 17:36:19 »

Alan Mac has the best football brain in the squad, he will still stand out as a quality CB in League 1
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 17:48:35 »

Alan Mac has the best football brain in the squad, he will still stand out as a quality CB in League 1

Completely agree

ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 20:28:24 »

Although i felt a certain amount of sympathy for our visitors yesterday after their recent financial problems etc i cant remember the last time i heard a load of gobshite crap from an away following in ages.I suppose we had better get used to it as after all in this division our team and management are the only thing worth talking about(although steve evans has tried his best to be the only talking point and has failed miserably ha ha ha)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 20:44:12 »

Although i felt a certain amount of sympathy for our visitors yesterday after their recent financial problems etc i cant remember the last time i heard a load of gobshite crap from an away following in ages.I suppose we had better get used to it as after all in this division our team and management are the only thing worth talking about(although steve evans has tried his best to be the only talking point and has failed miserably ha ha ha)

Do you not get out much ?
DRS

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 20:49:11 »

I actually agree. In the 1st half alone they ironicly cheered us singing 7 times.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:04:49 »

Prefer it much more when away fans turn up in numbers and make some noise. The Pilgrim fans yesterday made more noise than most visitors and what I heard was just football banter songs which made for a better atmosphere. They applauded the young Swindon lads at half time and gave a sympathetic round of  applause on hearing the news of Paolo's mum at the end so fair play to them I say.
DRS

« Reply #327 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:10:06 »

I agree but the ironic cheering got on my tits It's like when fans do it 5 times in 10 minutes to refs giving them a free kick.
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:19:55 »

Fair point notts but our average gate is higher than theirs so our ground is not too big for us.Also we dont have to gob off for 90 because by being patient we know we normally get the right result from our fitter,stronger mentally better team and management.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 21:26:00 »

Fair point notts but our average gate is higher than theirs so our ground is not too big for us.Also we dont have to gob off for 90 because by being patient we know we normally get the right result from our fitter,stronger mentally better team and management.
But that's all banter, would rather away fans sing different songs bollocks or not than knobs like Rovers singing the same song about some prostitute called Irene.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: