Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 32495 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:50:31 »

Risser, I'm in 2 minds about.  Last few weeks he's much more noticeable than he was earlier in the season.
He does a lot of really good things.  However, in most matches recently he's given the ball away in dangerous positions far too many times.  Other than for one of the Crewe goals we've got away with it but I fear we'd be caught out too often at League 1.

I think Risser's been poor for the last few games.  Aside from what you've mentioned above, the game passes him by at times and he regularly gets in the way of team mates.  I think Smith offers far more and personally I would play him in front of Risser every time. I also remember reading somewhere that Ferry likes playing alongside Smith.  Risser will struggle in League 1.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:53:10 »

I don't think Risser has been that bad since he came back into the team, but he was dire yesterday.

Pity, because he's a trier. But he's no way good enough for league one

Things get better but they never get good
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 13:12:16 »

[url width=234 height=427]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5928/pdco.jpg[/URL]

Think this image proves how hard this was for Di Canio, full respect for the man for staying, couldn't imagining losing my parents in such a short space of time.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 13:38:41 »

Would imagine we may see Macca back in the centre of mid field with Ferry now Caddis is back. Can't see him dropping either Flint or Devera. Macca did mention in an interview again last week thats where he would like to go back to.
Barry Scott

« Reply #304 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 14:01:00 »

Would imagine we may see Macca back in the centre of mid field with Ferry now Caddis is back. Can't see him dropping either Flint or Devera. Macca did mention in an interview again last week thats where he would like to go back to.

I'm sure I recall Paolo saying Fezza and Macca would never play together after some poor performances early in the season.

I think Macca's a better centre half than he is centre mid as well. I really can't see how he'd fit into our midfield. Especially when we get Pack and Powell. Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 14:03:13 »

Why he keeps picking Risser over Smith I don't know.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 14:20:10 »

I'm sure I recall Paolo saying Fezza and Macca would never play together after some poor performances early in the season.

I think Macca's a better centre half than he is centre mid as well. I really can't see how he'd fit into our midfield. Especially when we get Pack and Powell. Cheesy
Do you think Paolo will rotate Macca, Flint and Devera for the remaining games? I'd have Macca over Risser or Smith in the middle but think starting Risser then bringing on Smith has worked recently.
Flashheart

« Reply #307 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 14:24:24 »

No way will Macca be moved from CB. To do so would be madness
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 14:46:23 »

McCormack is the best centre back we have. He oozes confidence and class, sweeps up countless opportunities for the opposition, and is incredibly composed on the ball, even when under pressure. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, and always in defence.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #309 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:14:22 »

and levein
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:29:40 »

Anyone know what's happened to Lee Cox.  Another one that's disappeared into oblivion?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:32:30 »

McCormack is the best centre back we have. He oozes confidence and class, sweeps up countless opportunities for the opposition, and is incredibly composed on the ball, even when under pressure. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, and always in defence.

Yes
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:37:56 »

McCormack is the centre half that Paolo was hoping Comazzi was going to be.

Someone who is happy to bring the ball out from the back & has good distribution. He has also shown that he is a good captain since taking over from the injured Caddis.

Don't know if he will be a good enough defender in League 1, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paolo keep him there.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:38:12 »

Anyone know what's happened to Lee Cox.  Another one that's disappeared into oblivion?

Hasn't been in the matchday 16 since the Torquay home game on 20th March.

Is he injured ?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 15:39:24 »

I don't think Paolo rates him as highly as he expected to?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: