Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 32670 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:34:57 »

In fairness to the ref (who had a shocker) he wasn't helped much by his linesmen, who seemed incapable of making decisions on numerous occasions
matt1971

« Reply #286 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:42:01 »

Our new left back is quality and we will be lucky if he signs perm.He is clearly championship standard.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:48:55 »

Shrewsbury fans seem to think it was aimed at fat boy Evans, it appears he was up to his usual "how to win friends and influence people" antics again.

Turner said in the interview "I'm not refering to Steve when I say this".

Can't stand Turner. I loved every minute when he blew his top in that game against us.

They're a good side Shrewsbury with some good players but I dislike their manager a lot. (They probably say the same about us)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:55:36 »

On another note, watch Graham Turner's interview on the Football League show after the Shrew's win. Blatant dig at our glorious leader regarding waving arms about and kicking the dugout.

Geriatric twat.

I also saw this last night and immediately thought it was a dig at PDC.At the end of the game there
was a handshake and embrace between Turner and Evans.

Turner does have some history with regards to Swindon.When he was player manager at Shrewsbury
i remember him stamping on Kamara at the CG.He also accused Chalky White of getting the Wolves
centre half Alistair Robertson sent off,when he was Woves manager.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:57:41 »

Our new left back is quality and we will be lucky if he signs perm.He is clearly championship standard.
I understand it is almost a done deal!!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:00:24 »

Yep agree. Wasn't sure in his first couple of matches, but definitely seems like a potential good signing. Very good first touch, very good defensively. And getting better at overlapping down the wing.

DRS

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:02:47 »

No doubt after a full pre season he will be a decent signing
Flashheart

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:03:36 »

Just another example of how players should be given a chance to settle in before being judged then. Some players fit in straight away, others take a few games to adapt. Not rocket science really
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:04:17 »

I love Risser too  Cheesy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:10:02 »

On another note, watch Graham Turner's interview on the Football League show after the Shrew's win. Blatant dig at our glorious leader regarding waving arms about and kicking the dugout.

Geriatric twat.

I don't think it was a dig at all.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:11:15 »

I thought McEveley looked a decent signing from the start - was very solid at Wembley.
Certainly all of his last 4 games he has shown that he will be a very good acquisition for League 1

Risser, I'm in 2 minds about.  Last few weeks he's much more noticeable than he was earlier in the season.
He does a lot of really good things.  However, in most matches recently he's given the ball away in dangerous positions far too many times.  Other than for one of the Crewe goals we've got away with it but I fear we'd be caught out too often at League 1.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:15:22 »

Turner said in the interview "I'm not refering to Steve when I say this".

Can't stand Turner. I loved every minute when he blew his top in that game against us.

They're a good side Shrewsbury with some good players but I dislike their manager a lot. (They probably say the same about us)

True, although "I'm not refering to Steve when I say this" could be meant along the lines of "I'm not being rude but... (I'm just about to do precisely that)"

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #297 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:24:16 »

Winning 1-0 at Brentford doesn't count then ?
Nope, blanked it Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 11:43:34 »

I don't think it was a dig at all.

Agreed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:35:41 »

Did it not occur to you that they were already miles above the bottom 2, and chanting that song would just encourage a response from Swindon to replace 'staying' with 'going'?

Condescending cunt.

Yeah it did, but they're not mathematically safe though so Crewe taking the lead was a bit of good news for them. Why have we been singing 'we are going up' when we're miles clear too?

I thought it was obvious, sorry for being condescending as clearly it wasn't so obvious to you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: