Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 32502 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 07:16:08 »

Wasn't it Caddis who sprayed a water bottle at fat boy Evans ?  Clap
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 07:54:13 »

On another note, watch Graham Turner's interview on the Football League show after the Shrew's win. Blatant dig at our glorious leader regarding waving arms about and kicking the dugout.

Geriatric twat.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:17:30 »

Except I don't know why they'd start singing 'We are staying up' ...
They STILL aren't mathematically safe from relegation, but while Crewe were winning at Macclesfield they actually were safe for a few minutes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:27:31 »

Just looked on that stats 365 website.

Macclesfield haven't won for 20 games. Must be shit supporting them.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:29:24 »

A bit like supporting us last season then.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #275 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:33:06 »

Just looked on that stats 365 website.

Macclesfield haven't won for 20 games. Must be shit supporting them.
A bit like us last season, we went 23 games without winning up to the last game of the season, it is shit indeed.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #276 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:33:36 »

A bit like supporting us last season then.
Beat me to it while I was reading the other pages! Cheesy

cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:42:29 »

Thought we'd blown it yesterday and destined for a 0-0 but we keep grinding them out like true champions.

If Turkey win every game by 4 goals and we lose all ours by 3 we're still promoted so definitely as good as up.
I thought, considering it could have been the promotion day, the atmosphere was rather subdued yesterday - almost as if we were resigned to it not happening yet.

I thought our first half was generally as good or better than we've played for since the Turkey match but somehow we seemed reluctant to go for goal to make the most of our possession.  Every time we got to the edge of theier box we tried to play in little passes through the defenders or put the ball back out to the wingers who would either lose the ball or put over a cross that would find an Argyle defender's head.  Having Caddis back definitely improved the quality of the crosses though.
Second half was looking to be a repeat of the Bradford match with the bus being parked and little evidence that a way through would be found, but I had obviously forgotten that supersub was on the pitch  Smiley

Bring on Aldershot on Tuesday - hopefully Vale can hold Shrews and we can be champions that night too.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:45:39 »

Last season was proper crap, wasn't it.

Still, my lads at age 11 and 10, who have been coming for 5 years, fully understand what a rollercoaster it is supporting Swindon. A last day of the season promotion, play off final loss, comfortable relegation and now another promotion. Not many years of dull consolidation!

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:49:43 »

Sounds great!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 08:51:03 »

A bit like us last season, we went 23 games without winning up to the last game of the season, it is shit indeed.

Winning 1-0 at Brentford doesn't count then ?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:07:39 »

Winning 1-0 at Brentford doesn't count then ?

nah, Paul Hart was our manager then. That 'episode' has been removed from my memory of the clubs history

I come from a land down-under
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:14:06 »

On another note, watch Graham Turner's interview on the Football League show after the Shrew's win. Blatant dig at our glorious leader regarding waving arms about and kicking the dugout.

Geriatric twat.

I saw that Ralphy, Turner is a wanker!

#VivaKenBarlow!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:15:12 »

Geriatric twat.

Shrewsbury fans seem to think it was aimed at fat boy Evans, it appears he was up to his usual "how to win friends and influence people" antics again.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:21:40 »

Does he actually release it over the line? I've always thought he lets go of it just before, but when he kicks it it's miles over.
Why did the ref take time out to come and talk to Wes during the second half?  Had something been said about him carrying it out?  Seem to rememeber our crowd very agitated about how the Crawley keeper was taking the ball out of the area before releasing it.  And whilst talking about the ref, he did miss a blatant illegal corner kick from Raffa in the first half, ball at least six inches outside the quadrant, and an illegal throw (also by Raffa I think) when one of his feet was well off the ground when he took the throw-in!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: