Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 33141 times)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 20:31:20 »

There ought to be a minutes silence when were all on the pitch infront of the Arkells after the game against Port Vale.
don't be daft
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 20:49:14 »

People deal with grief in their own way. Whilst these gestures are nice in principle, they are just that - gestures.

Just turn up and support the team. There is no need to go OTT with this. Let the man have his moment.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:03:54 »

I'd normally agree - but I think some sort of recognition on Tuesday, a simple gesture to demonstrate that we appreciate the sadness Paolo must be feeling along side (hopefully) the elation of achieving a goal he's been working towards, living and breathing, for nearly a year...I think that would be appropriate.  He's taken this club to his heart.  I think Tuesday would be an appropriate time to show that we appreciate that, and that we have taken him to ours.

The black armband, for me, gets it about right.  Simple, understated.  Not sure where I'd get one though.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:12:01 »

I like the black arm band approach but how will he know ? Is he going to be able to pick them out amongst a crowd ?

We need something vocal or clearly visible.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:22:08 »

Not a great game, but another win and we are pretty much over the line.

We had a good first 30, but faded before half time. Seem to raise our game when the crowd realised Wimbledon had scored. Think Connell had a good impact as well, took his goal well.

Plymouth were shite, the ref was a complete fucking moron.

Always the sign of a good side when you keep winning when not playing your best.

My thoughts are with Paolo, would love us to show our appreciation for him on Tuesday.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:24:53 »

People deal with grief in their own way. Whilst these gestures are nice in principle, they are just that - gestures.

Just turn up and support the team. There is no need to go OTT with this. Let the man have his moment.

Totally agree-there's too much public grieving these days.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:27:43 »

spot on
DRS

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:32:44 »

Do what you want
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:33:10 »

So what happened to Cibocchi?

Left the gym in an ambulance with the top of his leg strapped up on Wednesday - after screaming and hitting the deck whilst on the treadmill.
PAFC2012

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:42:04 »

Argyle fan here.

Agree with posts about our style, it isn't nice but its what was required to keep us up this year. Remember where we wear after 9 games. We had 1 point. Admin had torn the club apart and the morale was rock bottom.

Hopefully next year we can build on the good defence that has been built and add some creativity and finishing prowess to the side. Whether Carl Fletcher can achieve that I'm not sure but he deserves a chance.

Enjoy league 1. I'll miss the trip to the County Ground, one of our shorter trips and before today we have had some great 3-2 wins. But I enjoyed today none the less, good pre-match session in the Merlin and a lively atmosphere in the away end as always.

Finally, thoughts with Paolo tonight about his mum and I know the sentiment is echoed by all of the green army, as we clapped the announcement on departure. I'm a big fan of his; great player, great character and on the way to being a great manager.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:43:13 »

Nicely put.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:56:40 »

Paolo chose to be at the club today leading his team whereas many others may not have which could suggest that it has helped today at least with his grief . Some people do need their own space and time but others find it helps to be around friends. I think an extra show of support for Paolo on Tuesday would be appreciated by him but like DRS says people will do what they think is best.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 21:59:55 »

Cheers PAFC.

Good luck against Exeter next year if they go down. You can't trust a county that puts the cream on a scone before the jam. Its wrong.
Flashheart

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 22:01:11 »

Can't remember the last time I had a scone
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 22:03:26 »

Can't remember the last time I had a scone

I had some 3 hours ago. yum  Eat

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: