Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth Saturday  (Read 18667 times)
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:53:08 »

Far too late in the day to suddenly open up Stratton Bank especially since they won't exchange tickets bought for elsewhere.  The price is too much as well.

As good as this Board is, some of the decisions around tickets and pricing have been pretty poor imo.  

But I guess the board has done the best they can financially.

Since we are already averaging around 8k at home. If we reduce the price, would we get 10k ? The board would get far more money from 8k sales at a much greater ticket price, than 10k at a reduced price.

Still don't think it's right (for the club, commercially), but financially it's probably better.

sn5_red

« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:53:52 »

£19 with the possibility of getting wet is too much, matchday tickets generally are too much.
Port Vale tickets should be promoted early with cut prices and the bank open with much more notice.
it would have made more sense here to give plymouth the bank....there will still be empty seats in the other stands for town fans im guessing with that 9,000 figure, weve lost out on revenue here they would have sold a couple hundred more.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:55:17 »

They have to charge £19 because that's the price of a TE ticket.
sn5_red

« Reply #78 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:59:32 »

They have to charge £19 because that's the price of a TE ticket.

is this just for the FL? ive been to the odd PL game and they charge different prices for different ends. i.e villa park
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 18:20:33 »

Far too late in the day to suddenly open up Stratton Bank especially since they won't exchange tickets bought for elsewhere.  The price is too much as well.

As good as this Board is, some of the decisions around tickets and pricing have been pretty poor imo. 

It's hardly too late.  Clearly Plymouth haven't sold their full allocation, so it's an opportunity to get more people in at such a late stage.

So I view it as an opportunity gained rather than an opportunity lost.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 18:41:01 »

is this just for the FL? ive been to the odd PL game and they charge different prices for different ends. i.e villa park

I think the rule is about not charging away fans differently from home fans for equivalent tickets.
As the Bank is at an end we couldn't get away with charging say Pox fans more than our fans pay for the Town End.
I don't think there's anything that says we need to charge the same price if both are open only to our fans.
Also if we had half and half at the Bank between home and away fans (as was the case back in the 80's / early 90's) then I believe we could charge whatever we liked as long as it was same for both halves.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 19:08:13 »

I hope we open up the bank to home fans for the Vale game and drop the price  - although not too much so we dont end up with other areas empty - then we can have a full house to celebrate promotion and the championship

Is the championship likely to be presented at the vale game assuming we have it in the bag by then ?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 19:09:32 »

Is the championship likely to be presented at the vale game assuming we have it in the bag by then ?

In a word - yep.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 19:09:46 »

Yes.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
stfcinbmth

« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 20:37:31 »

Saving my cash for Vale. Trains booked already Pint
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 20:56:19 »

It's hardly too late.  Clearly Plymouth haven't sold their full allocation, so it's an opportunity to get more people in at such a late stage.

So I view it as an opportunity gained rather than an opportunity lost.

I see your point, but it's too late for people who have purchased a ticket for elsewhere and would rather have sat on SB.  Doesn't affect me in the slightest as I have a ST anyway, but I imagine some people are slightly peeved and that was the point I was making.
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 21:00:28 »

I see your point, but it's too late for people who have purchased a ticket for elsewhere and would rather have sat on SB. 

As harsh as it may be, methinks (and hopes) the board are hoping to profit from selling tickets
70s townender

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 21:07:21 »

great post sie with you all the way  "onwards and upwards"

we are going as warriors
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 07:40:27 »

I see your point, but it's too late for people who have purchased a ticket for elsewhere and would rather have sat on SB.  Doesn't affect me in the slightest as I have a ST anyway, but I imagine some people are slightly peeved and that was the point I was making.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Can they not go back to the ticket office and change their ticket?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 08:55:33 »

We can moan about ticket prices all day long but the fact we charge so much has helped us into our current position.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: