Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Plymouth Saturday  (Read 18665 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 08:31:22 »

I'd put the prices up for Port Vale...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 08:35:37 »

Paolo asked for a 14k attendance on Saturday. Not many of those who went to Wembley seemed to be that bothered. Why the hell should we offer further ticket price reductions just so they can jump back on the bandwagon ?

I really don't understand people who moan like you.

1. Is it a bad thing that we got 30k people turning out to Wembley? Would you much rather have had just the 8,500 faithful?

2. Those 'plastics' are potential fans. Seeing as we did get 2k more than our average, perhaps some of them did indeed go to the match and support?

3. Not everyone is as financially-stable as your stubborn self to go to every game

4. If the club do offer further ticket price reductions (I hesitate to use the word 'further' in this context, but I directly quoted it from yourself) and we do see people jumping back on the bandwagon, once again, is that a bad thing? Do we not want to sell out the CG?

Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 08:49:39 »

I really don't understand

Yes
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 12:19:40 »

I really don't understand people who moan like you.

1. Is it a bad thing that we got 30k people turning out to Wembley? Would you much rather have had just the 8,500 faithful?

2. Those 'plastics' are potential fans. Seeing as we did get 2k more than our average, perhaps some of them did indeed go to the match and support?

3. Not everyone is as financially-stable as your stubborn self to go to every game

4. If the club do offer further ticket price reductions (I hesitate to use the word 'further' in this context, but I directly quoted it from yourself) and we do see people jumping back on the bandwagon, once again, is that a bad thing? Do we not want to sell out the CG?

Blimey, some vaguely sensible questions for once.

1) My point was, Paolo asked for a greater attendance. If that increase was not to come for those who'd even been to one other game, (Wembley, for clarity) then where else ? I've never said I didn't want 30k at Wembley.

2) Agreed - some of the increase in gate was probably due to returning/new fan base, so in that case why offer further price reductions if they're willing to pay anyway.

3) Tough.(not quite sure where the 'stubborn' bit applies though) On the other hand, I don't spend a fortune on getting pissed up pre and post match, or waste money on barely edible food at the ground

4) Of course it would be good to sell out the County Ground. However, a reduced price for the Bank would undoubtedly draw people from elsewhere in the ground, rather than automatically increment the total gate, thereby reducing the average gate receipt per person. No-one can ever know the potential positive effect on revenue overall, in advance.

By 'further' reductions, I was referring to the number of special promotions/combined deals and low cup tie prices that have been offered .

The Board will have spent a considerable amount of cash indulging us in one of our most enjoyable seasons in recent memory. Granted the JPT and FA cup run will have recouped a sizeable amount, but the number of players we've got through won't have made for a cheap wage bill.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 13:51:56 »

Fair enough. Agree with all of that.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 14:51:49 »

They really need to open up the Stratton Bank tickets online though if they're opening it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #111 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:09:33 »

They really need to open up the Stratton Bank tickets online though if they're opening it.
They will open it and it will be well in time for online sales this time unlike last week against the muff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:11:28 »

I was going to opt for the Stratton Bank simply because I haven't been in there since 1995 (Blackburn in Coca-Cola Cup).

It wasn't an option online so I'm in the Don Rogers Stand, no biggy.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:36:15 »

I was going to opt for the Stratton Bank simply because I haven't been in there since 1995 (Blackburn in Coca-Cola Cup).
I was on the bank for that one too,was an ace night  Grin

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:44:31 »

Used to go on the bank a lot. A season ticket holder mate of mine has never been on the Stratton bank so we might swap our usual seats for the Vale game. Not sure if we can do this on the day as I think they need a bit of notice to re sell our seats. Have swapped seats for a different stand a few times in the past but not when it has been so busy, usually because it has been freezing ( Crawley cup game ) and it's warmer in the Town end.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:45:35 »

I was on the bank for that one too,was an ace night  Grin

The two goals in quick succession was amazing, it went nuts.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 15:51:46 »

Ha ha,yes,i remember standing on the seats going ape  Smiley

What was the song about Shearer?Something about him being a donkeys arse?

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 16:37:33 »

Haven't actually watched a game from the bank since last game of the season 95/96. It would be nice but as season tickets aren't interchangable i doubt i'll bother.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:54:44 »

Haven't actually watched a game from the bank since last game of the season 95/96. It would be nice but as season tickets aren't interchangable i doubt i'll bother.
Didn't realise you cant do that anymore Chalky, you were able to change them in the past. Dave in the office has done it for us a few times but not without a moan.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 16, 2012, 19:22:57 by Notts red » Logged
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 19:20:03 »

You should be able to swap to the SB
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: