Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thomas Dossevi  (Read 7248 times)
Chonburi_FC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 12:46:34 »

Fair play to him.  Taking his trade to a beautiful country like Thailand and making a living for himself there.  I wish him all the best.

Decent website for Chonburi FC as well.

Thanks. :-)

I really hope it works out for him. Based on what I saw on Saturday, he's the type of player who will terrify defenders over here. My main concern is that some, if not all, referees won't like his physical approach. Football is definitely a non contact sport in Thailand.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 12:47:14 »

I don't know in which parallel universe Dossevi is a reasonable footballer.

In 40 plus years of watching STFC there aren't many players who have looked as clueless.
He made the effort but never seemed to have any idea how to read the game.
His struggle with the physical side of the English lower leagues was just an added extra.

Having said that he did take his goal against Colchester last season very well - the only bright spot I can recall.

Scored a good header at daggers is about the only other one.
Chonburi_FC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 12:53:52 »

A lot of investment has gone into the Thai footballing structure of late, and they are beginning to get some respectable attendances (for such an obscure league).

It wasn't long ago that Robbie Fowler was playing here. Past it but must have cost a bit

True. The last couple of years have seen massive investment pumped into the domestic game. However, a lot of local politicians have jumped abord the bandwagon and have alligned themselves to their local clubs. This brings its own set of problems.

We also have an absolute clown, Worawi Makudi, running the Thai FA. He's an absolute joke and 99.9% of fans want rid but he's clinging on to power.

Fowler was at Muang Thong United up until the end of last season; first as a player then as player/coach. He was an absolute disaster at the latter. Which was great for us, as MTU are our biggest rivals. Coming from a goal down to win two-one at their place on Christmas Day was a joy. :-)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 13:05:29 »

Thanks. :-)

I really hope it works out for him. Based on what I saw on Saturday, he's the type of player who will terrify defenders over here. My main concern is that some, if not all, referees won't like his physical approach. Football is definitely a non contact sport in Thailand.

Physical approach?  Honestly when we saw him here, we thought he was fast and skilful and would be like a lower league Drogba.  But he just couldnt take the physical approach over here.  Spent most of his time, as Sonic says, offside or whinging at the ref about perceived fouls on him.  Good luck to him over there, but he was part of one of the most dissapointing seasons I remember as a town fan.  And we've had our fair share of disappointment!

Never knowingly overstated.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 13:57:01 »

He did try hard tbf
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 16:56:19 »

If Dossevi can manage a hat-trick perhaps your club would like to pair him with a striker of the similar ability - a perfect foil. Some say he is the next Thierry Henry:

[url width=203 height=152]http://fraserdigbyswashbag.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/eric-sabin.jpg?w=604[/url]

I come from a land down-under
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 16:57:32 »

[url width=320 height=320]http://footballspeak.com/image.axd?picture=2011%2F11%2F2010-vincent-pericard.jpg[/url]
« Last Edit: Monday, April 9, 2012, 16:59:07 by pericarp » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:33:17 »

I rate him as highly as ricky shakes.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 19:10:20 »

Good on him,i like our ex players to do well where ever they are to be honest.
Always look out for how any of our ex players are doing,not a great player granted but who cares.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 19:55:45 »

Can't find it in me to dislike any player that tries their best
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 19:56:31 »

Watching the video highlights, he seems to lost a bit of weight and had his locks cut off.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:20:26 »

I'm guessing he doesn't still own his Chevy Camaro then? That was the single best aspect of him being at this club, that car looked ace and sounded the absolute dogs bollocks, got to see it most days, very nice!

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 21:30:17 »

The bloke gave fucking everything for us and failed......and for that I am gutted for him.

Good luck to him.

Also scored a great goal away at bmuff that the ref somehow found a reason to disallow.

Thai soccer probably his level.

Clems Army!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 23:18:14 »

We've got Thomas Dossevi you know he's Toganese ... NANANANANANANANANA

Let's all do the pogo Dossevi comes from Togo na na na na!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 23:37:07 »

I always thought there was a decent footballer in Dossevi.

Trouble was I dont think he was ever an out and out striker (pretty sure he wasnt in France) and as others have said struggled with the physicality of the english game

You certainly couldnt fault the blokes work rate unlike others last season
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: