Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32995 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:18:33 »

Slightly disappointed with the attendance - lower number of home fans than recently, still, 4200+ season tickets are a good sign.

I thought Ferry was MOTM yesterday, although the back four put in a good shift as well.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:23:29 »

We had the highest attendance in League 2 this weekend, and there were only 3 attendances in League 1 that were higher than ours (and 8 that were lower).  There are also only 6 teams in League 1 with a higher average attendance than ours; of the other 18, most are substantially lower.  We're doing OK!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:34:06 »

Even though it wasn't a bad attendance for this league really I too was a little disappointed with the crowd figure, but also I had expected Northampton to have brought nearer double what they did considering it was a bank holiday game not too far away. They always used to bring a much healthier following in the past, often well over 1,000 even when they weren't doing too well in the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 09:38:32 »

O
Slightly disappointed with the attendance - lower number of home fans than recently, still, 4200+ season tickets are a good sign.

I thought Ferry was MOTM yesterday, although the back four put in a good shift as well.
On reflection this could have been one of the games that could have had a special promotion on, say £20 match day ticket.  It's been a very expensive few weeks following STFC and a small offering may have gone down well.  Also would have probably brought a few more visiting supporters as well.

Ferry had a good game, as did quite a few on view yesterday but I thoughht Devera should have been in with a shout of motm, he has really matured into a useful player for us over recent games.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:03:09 »

I was disappointed with the attendance but not surprised at £25 a pop. The last few games of the Sturrock promotion season we were getting 10k plus, with £10 tickets to watch the game on the Bank.

This board are the best we've had in years but they could do better on ticket policy. I'm sure PDC was disappointed to see so many empty seats yesterday.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:05:15 »

Ferry had a good game, as did quite a few on view yesterday but I thoughht Devera should have been in with a shout of motm, he has really matured into a useful player for us over recent games.

Agree with this. PDC will have a difficult job selecting his preffered back four when Caddis is available again, nice problem to have though ! Alan Mac back in midfield ?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:08:58 »

I'd move Devera into the middle and drop Flint. From what I've seen this season, Devera at his best is better than Flint at his best in my opinion

Things get better but they never get good
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:15:54 »

If Ritchie remains sidelined I'd be tempted to play Caddis as a winger and keep the back four as they are.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:38:09 »

I'd llike to see caddis and Holmes played if Ritchie is injured longer than caddis. He may benefit as much as Ritchie does from extra overlap.

Who to drop is a difficult one. Devera is more composed on the ball, flint better in the air. Good though decision to have.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:47:17 »

I'd move Devera into the middle and drop Flint. From what I've seen this season, Devera at his best is better than Flint at his best in my opinion

I'd agree, but also would say that Flint has played better for a consistant length of time so it is a bit of a headache.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:04:33 »

Great to see Kenny and Jimmy back at the County Ground on Saturday. Read in the programme Jimmy was the first professional to refuse to play on a Sunday because of his strong Christian beliefs.  I still rate Kennys goal against Everton as one of the best ever at the County Ground. I was in the lower tier of the Shrivenham stand and watched it all the way into the top corner of the Town end ( except for a second when a pillar blocked my view  Smiley )
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:21:53 by Notts red » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:14:11 »

Great to see Kenny and Jimmy back at the County Ground on Saturday. Read in the programme Jimmy was the first professional to refuse to play on a Sunday because of his strong Christian beliefs. 

Shouldn't believe everything you read in the programme....Harold Fleming also refused to play on Sundays or other religious festival days like Good Friday and Chritmas Day.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:20:11 »

Shouldn't believe everything you read in the programme....Harold Fleming also refused to play on Sundays or other religious festival days like Good Friday and Chritmas Day.
Thanks Reg, I know what you mean about the programme as they have us down as losing 2-0 away at Barnet last Tuesday with a big L against the score.  No
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:22:24 by Notts red » Logged
Navyred stfc

« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:38:54 »

I was disappointed with the attendance but not surprised at £25 a pop. The last few games of the Sturrock promotion season we were getting 10k plus, with £10 tickets to watch the game on the Bank.

This board are the best we've had in years but they could do better on ticket policy. I'm sure PDC was disappointed to see so many empty seats yesterday.

I thought it was a good attendance, nearly eight and a half thousand town fans is good in this climate plus the crap weather, wembley hangover. Our attendances will improve next season no doubt in L1. We will get 11+ thousand on Saturday I reckon, they will bring at least 1500 I would imagine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:47:16 »

Under Sturrock we only had 3 attendances over 10k, one of those was before Christmas against Bristhole Rovers a crowd of 10,010 and the other 2 games we only opened the bank to Town fans for the Mansfield game (10,472 crowd) and the only other was the last game of the season when we had 14,731 against Walsall and they had the bank that day.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: