Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Northampton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33500 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:47:56 »

De Vita was not terrible in my eyes. He made a terrible pass but I thought he game much more fight than Rooney.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:49:53 »

It's all about points at this stage.

Staggering over the line like a pissed up drunk with a kebab in hand!

Gills away for the title.  Imo

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:52:05 »

Gills away for the title.  Imo

Certainly hope so. I can only make Plymouth, Gills and Bradford now. If I miss anything big at Aldershot or Port Vale I'll be gutted! Plus winning the title in front of Gills fans would be fantastic! Asked the guy in the ticket office about that game, and he said they haven't got tickets yet because of consultations with police. If we get a restricted allocation because a few pikeys want a fight I'll be less than impressed.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:52:45 »

de vita was terrible hence paolo giving an earful at full time
Couldn't disagree any more, I thought he done well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:56:11 »

On the plus side, taking 10 points from the last 12 has been phenomenal. Particularly when Caddis and now Ritchie are AWOL.

Talking of Caddis, he said Plymouth wasn't impossible but didn't want to rush it like he did for Wembley. So sounds like he's a couple of weeks off.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:57:26 »

On the plus side, taking 10 points from the last 12 has been phenomenal. Particularly when Caddis and now Ritchie are AWOL.

Absolutely: we've lost a lot of attacking threat without those two but our defence has been solid as anything and we owe our continued success to that.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 17:59:16 »

Not a great win but it will do. Results are the only thing that matter now. We just didnt get going but i think that waa mostly down to Northampton pressing us and not allowing us to play. I thought they were decent enough and probably deserved a point. As for us its only a matter of time before we see a P next to our name now. Could even be Saturday (fingers crossed).

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:16:39 »

EDIT

What Nemo said.

Sorry arriba!!!!

Wish i'd never said anything now,due to the reactions from it to be honest.  Doh
The posts i was on about and have aready explained were the numerous ones during games saying 5 mins left-oxford score-hit the bar etc etc. People having a similar view in threads isn't the same.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #248 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:19:35 »

I thought we played well today and for once were quick off the blocks. I didn't think that much of Northampton - their only threat was from set pieces. Fods did make two good saves. Thier keepr made a very good save down by his post in the first half.
The one thing we didn't do very well was get the ball into the 6 yard box. Rooney looks half the player he was and Holmes seems to need a lot of time  We missed three very clear chances in the second half after we'd gone 1 up.
The defence was very good with Macca a deserved MOM - some of his long passes were just slightly out from being Hoddlesque. Risser and Ferry did pretty well in the middle but up front and out wide I didn't think we were that great.
All in all though a well deserved win and we're not at our best.  
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:19:59 »

Wish i'd never said anything now,due to the reactions from it to be honest.  Doh
The posts i was on about and have aready explained were the numerous ones during games saying 5 mins left-oxford score-hit the bar etc etc. People having a similar view in threads isn't the same.

Haha I know man, I'm only playing.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:24:25 »

Defence was good yet again
De Vita was really good (apart from that wayward pass and shit attempt on goal), much better than Rooney
Homles was good and frustrating in equal measure
Murray cannot stay onside or anticipate Benson's flick ons (which he seems to win almost every time)
Risser was Risser... broke up play one minute, then let it bounce/played a fucking awful ball the next, still not won over
Ferry, McCormack and McEveley played some exquisite balls at times today
Northampton seemed to mix hoofball with some decent stuff, nowhere near as hoofy as i expected from a Boothroyd team
I wish we'd stop using the one tune for all our songs at the moment
Still loving Di Canio's post-match routine!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:33:26 »

Fair to say we werent at our best today but got the 3 points which is all that matters!
Rooney doesnt seem like he wants to be playing atm, De Vita looked better when he came on apart from one awful pass!

Wouldnt be surprised to see Northampton challenging for play offs next year, big strong team and played a little bit of football as well.

1 home goal conceded since Fods arrived - Amazing.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:34:38 »

Today we did what we needed to do. I think we had an extra couple of gears if we would have needed them but we won ugly & that is the sign of champions. I would rather take 5 more 1-0's like today than 3 5-0's & 2 defeats. We will win this league, but we may just crawl over the line but we will win this league.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:38:11 »

Good workmanlike performance...but that is all,not a great match to watch at all.
Devera again i thought played really well but we need a shit hot striker to buzz alongside Benson.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, April 9, 2012, 18:41:39 »

We did well in the first half against that awful wind.   At times during the game we seemed to get dragged into Northampton's hoof ball - not pretty at all.  And for gods sake, sort out the corner taking.  Wasteful constantly.

Certainly not a spectacular game, but we did enough and ground out another 3 points. Promotion is so close now, we can almost touch it.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: