Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Liverpool  (Read 11703 times)
DRS

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 00:07:40 »

Is that a wind up posh? I do hope so.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 05:31:49 »

Too many ticketless supporters forced their way into the ground I thought

I come from a land down-under
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 09:00:55 »

Is that a wind up posh? I do hope so.

It was Partly, as everyone knows & accepts that there were major mistakes by the authorities, and that the fans that lost their lives were innocent.

However, there is no getting away from the fact that the crush was caused by fans (most if not all with tickets) trying to push their way in because the game had started without them.  I don't believe that the Liverpool fans acted an differently than any other fans would have done, but ultimately it is them that caused the pressure which led to those innocent being killed.

The problem is that fans of Liverpool won't accept that they did anything to cause the problem, it does seem to be the way with Liverpool that it's always someone else's fault.

The biggest problem with the Police was the way they tried to deal with the situation when it happened, and probably worse cover up their mistakes afterwards.

What is without question, is that the reporting afterwards was shocking. Particularly by the Sun but also by many other media outlets.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 09:07:53 »

I don't like Alan Davies particularly, but he's right. If Liverpool refuse to play on April 15th, they forfeit the game, it's ridiculous.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 09:12:59 »

There is something slightly grotesque about's Liverpool's morbid "ownership" of tragedy. Boris Johnson said the unsayable.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 09:19:04 »

Too many ticketless supporters forced their way into the ground I thought

Please can we not do this all over again:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/uploaded/publications/pdfs/hillsborough%20stadium%20disaster%20final%20report.pdf
DRS

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 09:44:48 »

Will fall on deaf ears.I am all for disliking teams but havn't got it in me to dislike a teams fans over the way they decide to grieve.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 14:54:05 »

they've appealed Doni's red card, seems a bit optimistic. i wonder if there will be a 1 game extension...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 14:59:54 »

they've appealed Doni's red card, seems a bit optimistic. i wonder if there will be a 1 game extension...

Well they've got nothing to lose. If it's overturned, Doni can play in the semis, who I guess is more highly rated than Brad Jones.
If not, well there may be a 1 game extension, but Reina will come back before he will anyway.

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 15:59:00 »

Gary Ablett's family will be at Wembley to watch the semi-final.

Gary's autobiography 'The Game of my life'  is also released on monday.

His family have released a photo of Gary and some details of the treatment that he faced during his illness.Poor bloke.

RIP Gary.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/liverpool-v-everton-gary-ablett-789059

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:06:40 »

Would this be the same report that did not blame ticketless fans:

Again, however, the police witnesses who most impressed me did not consider the number of ticketless fans to be inordinately large.

And

Nevertheless, the figures do suggest that there was not a very significant body of ticketless fans in the crowd which built up.

« Last Edit: Friday, April 13, 2012, 16:18:19 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
bertheadbabe

Brave manager who believed in young 'uns in 1960s

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 18:05:30 »

Would this be the same report that did not blame ticketless fans:

And

By the time of the tragedy more than enough was known by the police about how to control large crowds.  They got it wrong and compounded their mistakes by trying to blame others.    Some Liverpudlians have a tendency to a certain mawkishness.   I think Liverpool and Newcastle suffer from getting far too emotional about their teams. It makes them fail to see what's happening.    But, in the end, it's easy to judge from afar isn't it?

I was at Wembley in white in '69!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: