Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MotoGP 2012  (Read 17424 times)
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 07:36:42 »

Tough one to call, i hope that Cal hasnt shot his bolt with all the talk of a factory duke for next season, i think that he could get the now vacant factory yamaha ride. I can see Spies going the other way to either Tech 3 or Ducati 

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 08:02:50 »

I think Spies will most likely end up back in WSBK or AMA. Tech3 next year will be Bradley Smith (already guaranteed a ride) with either Dovi or Cal.

Out of the two Tech3 riders, Dovi looks most likely to get the factory bike because he's had more podium finishes on the Tech3 and can probably bring bigger sponsors.

It will be interesting to see how competitive Cal can be if he goes to Ducati.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 10:46:45 »

Ducati will have to have a major rethink in the winter about the design spec, If Rossi cant get it to work then i think that they have a major chassis issue, Haydon has to wring its neck to get anywhere near the top 7 , im really not sure if going to Ducati would be a good move for Cal but would Tech 3 want 2 British riders? having thought about it, i agree with you that Dovi is a shoe in for the factory bike. I will be really interested to see how Bradders goes in Moto GP and i have to say that i am impressed with James Ellison this year.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 10:57:59 »

That's Hayden's style though; very much 'ride it like you stole it', which is similar to Stoner so you have to question why he hasn't had success with Ducati.

I can't see what value Smith really adds to Tech3 above Cal or Dovi, he hasn't torn up any trees in Moto2, but they've promised him the seat and I suppose you do need to blood the youngsters at some point.

Ellison's done well for what is essentially a road bike engine in a custom chassis. He, along with most of the other CRT riders, has admitted that this season is mostly just about testing and getting the most out of the bike.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:24:49 »

The CRT bikes have been a breath of fresh air, if nothing else they fuck Stoner off and that has to be a good thing :-), its good to see a full grid again, just like to good old days of privateers.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:41:01 »

But it's an artificially big grid, back in the privateer days they were on the same (or similar) bikes. The CRT bikes just aren't the same kettle of fish. The moto3 races have been good as there's a fucking huge grid of similar machines, motogp is just getting stale.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 13:17:30 »

Privateer bikes did used to be a lot more competitive, but the cost of renting a bike from a factory for a season is just silly money now. I guess that's how it goes with technology advancing so much though.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 07:31:05 »

I think SOME of the privateer bikes were competitive, mostly the ROC Yamahas but even these had some level of factory support, Niall McKenzie always gave a good account of himself on one of these, the Harris bikes were OK but very much depended who was on board, Foggy had a decent ride (Til he came off) at Donnington in 92, Reynolds was pretty steady on one as well. The MuZ was fast as fuck but wouldnt go round corners, the Paton was shite end of.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 08:35:54 »

I think SOME of the privateer bikes were competitive, mostly the ROC Yamahas but even these had some level of factory support

Those Red Bull machines (as ROC became) were a lot more competitive in the late 90's early 00's with McCoy & Laconi.

I absolutely loved McCoy's riding. Amazing to watch him slide it around a race track.

Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 09:29:22 »

The ROC chassis was immense, i have a feeling that the full factory Yamaha team used one for a couple of races, Simon Crafar won a GP at Donnington if my memory serves me right? then they changed to Michelin and it all went to rat shit. I miss the strokers doing plug chops under the Dunlop bridge

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 11:00:40 »

Yamaha to announce Rossi on 15th apparently
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 11:06:18 »

One last shot at the championship before retirement.

So Rossi to Yamaha, Cal to Ducati.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 11:25:44 »

One last shot at the championship before retirement.

So Rossi to Yamaha, Cal to Ducati.

Think he'll sign for 2 years, like you said, one last shot. (or 2)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 14:38:15 »

Shame it hasn't workers out for him on the Duc, shame to see Cal go the other way if it's true!

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 10, 2012, 08:21:04 »

It's official. Rossi back to Yamaha for two seasons. Wow.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: